Jump to content

Who will win American Idol S20


Hbrue123
 Share

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Hunter Girl
      8
    • Leah
      15
    • Noah
      32

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2022 at 11:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Noah, but can Leah be runner up???

HunterGirl being the platinum ticket AND winning/making Top 2 wouldn't be fun at all. She's a really nice kid, but IDK...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I am leaning a bit towards HunterGirl winning the whole thing. Not counting S18, in the previous two seasons the artist who got called first into the top three won in the end (Chayce and Laine). But I don't know if this season will be the same case. I have to see the stats for this week as well. 

Edited by Gmm99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knowing Idol it'll be Noah.

 

The optimist in me is wanting Leah.

 

Leah needs to be perfect next week though, no mistakes in song choices and while I don't think country votes are really "split" she does have her own genre going for her.

 

I'm leaning towards my initial predictions and my gut is saying this:

 

3rd - Huntergirl

 

Runner-Up - Leah

Winner - Noah

 

But just maybe can she pull it off, only maybe.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i want leah to win so bad but y’all are crazy for thinking she will win. it’s so obvious that noah will win. vote from the southern facebook moms and votes from the teen girls. happens every. year. and i’m honestly kinda tired of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kyc419 said:

i want leah to win so bad but y’all are crazy for thinking she will win. it’s so obvious that noah will win. vote from the southern facebook moms and votes from the teen girls. happens every. year. and i’m honestly kinda tired of it.

No it doesn’t lol. Maddie and Just Sam have won in just the past four years. 
 

I mean, I do think Noah will win but Dan would still be here if the southern old lady vote was all that counted. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Honestly, I am leaning a bit towards HunterGirl winning the whole thing. Not counting S18, in the previous two seasons the artist who got called first into the top three won in the end (Chayce and Laine). But I don't know if this season will be the same case. I have to see the stats for this week as well. 

Maddie was called third, though. 

 

Noah has a 65% chance of winning, Leah has a 35% chance of winning. I don't see how Huntergirl can win but she can definitely get 2nd.

Edited by redwood79
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
Just now, redwood79 said:

Maddie was called third, though. 

Yup. That's why I only mentioned Chayce and Laine. And I never counted Just Sam since that was the COVID season.

Edited by Gmm99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

No it doesn’t lol. Maddie and Just Sam have won in just the past four years. 
 

I mean, I do think Noah will win but Dan would still be here if the southern old lady vote was all that counted. 

i mean you’re not wrong but people like laine and chayce exist who arguably beat out better singers of their respective seasons for this reason. looking at all the stats from social media to spotify streams to itunes, noah is by far dominating everyone. anything could happen but i would be very surprised if noah doesn’t take it home :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Kyc419 said:

i mean you’re not wrong but people like laine and chayce exist who arguably beat out better singers of their respective seasons for this reason. looking at all the stats from social media to spotify streams to itunes, noah is by far dominating everyone. anything could happen but i would be very surprised if noah doesn’t take it home :/

Idk, Arthur was dominating numbers pretty hard, and Maddie was in 3rd iirc. Social media numbers aren't everything. Performances definitely have more weight than people give them credit for.

 

It seems in particular for ABC seasons with female winners that they come out of nowhere stats wise, so hopefully Leah can pull that off too

Edited by redwood79
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

Idk, Arthur was dominating numbers pretty hard, and Maddie was in 3rd iirc. Social media numbers aren't everything. Performances definitely have more weight than people give them credit for

 

Agreed. Although Leah is the underdog in this finale, there are certainly things going in her way, such as Noah and HunterGirl splitting votes, Leah being the only one to vote for if you're voting based on vocal proficiency, her being able to do other genres more convincingly than Noah and HunterGirl, Leah delivering the best country performance of the season with Sanctuary, and her having the catchiest winner's single.

 

I admit that in spite of those advantages Leah could still lose based off the advantages the other 2 have in their personal stories and the genres they sing, but there is definitely more to the votes than just who has the best social media numbers.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There's another thing that I want to add -- the types of artists present in the top three. Last season, Chayce was the only "singer-songwriter" type in the top three -- which probably gave more leeway for him to win. This season, all three finalists can be classified under that category. I think it'll come down on the day of performances. 

Edited by Gmm99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I think Noah will win. I do think Leah could be 2nd based on her performances. Also, I could see some of Fritz & Nicolina's fans voting for Leah. 

 

Well, yeah, Leah is closest to Fritz in genre, and Leah is basically the only option left if you were voting based on who has the biggest voice. I just think it'll be hard to top Noah or Hunter Girl for the win, whichever of the two has been doing better in votes since the week of the Top 20.

Edited by MalwareDie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MalwareDie said:

 

Agreed. Although Leah is the underdog in this finale, there are certainly things going in her way, such as Noah and HunterGirl splitting votes, Leah being the only one to vote for if you're voting based on vocal proficiency, her being able to do other genres more convincingly than Noah and HunterGirl, Leah delivering the best country performance of the season with Sanctuary, and her having the catchiest winner's single.

 

I admit that in spite of those advantages Leah could still lose based off the advantages the other 2 have in their personal stories and the genres they sing, but there is definitely more to the votes than just who has the best social media numbers.

I agree that winning a show like American Idol comes down to a combination of factors. But some of the advantages you mentioned for Leah are subjective, such as who delivered the best country performance of the season and who has the catchiest winner's single.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay changed the title to Who will win American Idol S20

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...