Based on her pre-lives run, what would you make of Wendy Moten's fate so far?

Misirlou

Based on her pre-lives run, what would you make of Wendy Moten's fate so far?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• She will win
    • She will make finale, but not win
    • Eliminated in Semifinals
    • Eliminated between Top 13- Top 10
    • Eliminated in Playoffs

Vocally, she’s the best solo act left. Reception-wise, she’s one of the weakest despite being Team Blake.

I can’t see her not in the finale, especially because Blake has already deployed the bat signal post-KO for her, but I think second or third is her likeliest spot to finish in as of right now.

I agree that Wendy will easily make the finale. I think she or Girl Named Tom will take home the trophy, but the trio currently appears to be the frontrunner. I'm hoping for better song choices to boost Wendy's chances.

Blake clearly appreciates Wendy's years of experience and immense talent. He said her blind audition was among the top three of all time. His knockout comments included "I fully expect to see her in the finale." While he seems to view her as his frontrunner, has he predicted her as the winner yet?

I don't think the producers would bus someone of Wendy's reputation and personal bearing.  I expect her performances will all be first rate.  I'm not much for predictions because I can't reliably guess responses of the show's voting demographic but I can't realistically imagine her not making the finale. 

I think her professional past will be an issue for her against a more traditional amateur-trying-to-break-through contestant. Like GNT.  Wendy can call on her personal appeal and a greater range of material, including doing a soulful country classic, and greater skills. GNT is unique for TV and has charisma and excellent skills but they have to avoid becoming boring by overusing the same vocal moves and getting caught in a narrow range of similar-sounding materials.  They might cover Barracuda, for example. Kidding but you get the point.

Edited by WastedinMemphis

On 10/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, TeamAudra said:

On that potential bus…Blake and Wendy obviously have quite a few mutual friends. I doubt he wants them to think he’s an ass for intentionally sabotaging Wendy with bad songs. 

Good point, and Wendy will be able to handle any song they give her anyway. It's more likely that they would assign songs that encourage belting, which is not a style of singing that most viewers prefer. She and Blake need to insist on a ballad that highlights her control, restraint, emotion, and lovely tone.

Edited by RTV

21 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

I don't think the producers would bus someone of Wendy's reputation and personal bearing.  I expect her performances will all be first rate.  I'm not much for predictions because I can't reliably guess responses of the show's voting demographic but I can't realistically imagine her not making the finale. 

I think her professional past will be an issue for her against a more traditional amateur-trying-to-break-through contestant. Like GNT.  Wendy can call on her personal appeal and a greater range of material, including doing a soulful country classic, and greater skills. GNT is unique for TV and has charisma and excellent skills but they have to avoid becoming boring by overusing the same vocal moves and getting caught in a narrow range of similar-sounding materials.  They might cover Barracuda, for example. Kidding but you get the point.

I was surprised to come across a story this afternoon that mentions viewers complaining about Wendy being a "professional singer." Her experience might prove to be more of a hindrance to winning than I thought it would be. 🤔

https://meaww.com/the-voice-season-21-knockouts-round-wendy-moten-wins-jonathan-mouton-team-blake-fans-react-unfair

At the minimum she should be a finalist. Team Blake is good but no one can match her undeniably high standard of performance quality.

She would have to go hard country soul for a chance at winning. GNT has far more novelty on their side and her pre-Lives reception isn't super exceptional.

Another reason why I think Wendy will make finale, the show is making it clear that she is Blake’s favorite this season. Blake has implied that she is one of the best singers in the history of the show. and R&B females on his team have done well in recent years (Kyla and Toneisha).