Most Controversial John Legend Decision for IDF.

Misirlou

Most Controversial John Legend Decision for IDF  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Dropping Mendeleyev in battles (S17)
    • Stealing Celia Babini in the CB (S16)
    • Saving Jacob Maxwell in the CB instead of waiting to save Beth Griffin Manley (S16)
    • Saving Celia Babini in the playoffs (S16)
    • Saving Will Breman in the playoffs (S17)
    • Giving Marybeth Byrd an upbeat Carrie Underwood song in the semifinals after she had been in the Bottom 2 (S17)
    • Giving Katie Kadan "Lady Marmalade" in the semifinals because he thought she already had the win in the bag (S17)
    • Rigging Mandi Castillo´s and CammWess´s battle in her favor with a song that benefitted her way more (S18)
    • Choosing Mike Jerel over Darious Lyles in the KOs (S18)
    • Choosing Mandi Castillo over Thunderstorm Artis in the KOs (S18)
    • Choosing Zan Fiskum over Joanna Serenko in the KOs (S18)
    • Choosing Bailey Rae over Sid Kingsley in the battles (S19)
    • Throwing Julia Cooper into the 4 way KO (S19)
    • Choosing Bailey Rae over Lauren Frihauf (S19)
    • Choosing John Holiday over Cami Clune (S19)

Choose. 

I actually agree with him in some of this (I loved that he saved Will Breman in the playoffs), but this are the decisions John made that overall didn´t seem to sit well with IDF as a whole. 

Edited by Misirlou

Accidentally pressed Bailey vs Lauren lol but I would’ve given it to the Mandi vs Cammwess....that was....yikes.

that said, throwing Julia into the 4 wko was the least he could do after how he paired them in the battles, even though she deserved to move on regularly. Bailey vs Lauren also gets an honorable mention. I thought Lauren won by far, even though some may not agree.

Mike vs Darius was also not it, but either of them would’ve been DOA in the playoffs, so I don’t think it’s that controversial.

John saving Jacob instead Beth hurt me the most, she had given three great performances up to that point and was shaping up to be one of my favorites from that season. I think he just misunderstood the voting demographic and didn't realize that Rebecca was going to beat her

Edited by indii
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, indii said:

John saving Jacob instead Beth hurt me the most, she had given three great performances up to that point and was shaping up to be one of my favorites from that season. I think he just misunderstood the voting demographic and didn't realize that Rebecca was going to beat her

That was exactly it.  John himself admitted after the season that that's what he thought would happen.  He thought that Beth was going to beat Rebecca and was shocked that she didn't.  He had a very subtle "WTF?!" look on his face when Rebecca won instead.

• Like 1

John saving Jacob over Beth was definitely shocking, but as stated above... he just didn't expect that to happen. I blame the producers for putting the Beth/Rebecca result towards the end. I think both of them gave some of the best performances that night and both deserved to go through. I don't think Jacob was an awful alternative but yeah... over Beth? That's not a good look.

That being said, I voted for the Celia save in playoffs. Celia moving on past battles was a joke. And every performance was beating that dead joke in the ground.

• Like 2

Lmaoo there’s a lot. I won’t blame him for S16, he wasn’t aware of Minivan.

Thinking that Katie had it in the bag was stupid.

I think he can’t handle that many 3/4 chair turns and strategically he always manages to keep those with the least appeal (except for Katie). He shouldn’t have used Joanna and Cami as KO fodders imo, I think they had more voting power than Zan and John H. Not mad at Mandi winning over Tstorm, she had the better performance.

Julia deserved better but I can’t see a scenario where she could’ve made the playoffs on his team, she should’ve been stolen by Gwen but that’s a whole different story lmao

Eventually I’ll say the most controversial decision was Mandi and CammWess song choice, but he has a body of work in controversies lol

Mendeleyev is the only one where I’m at a loss for words just trying to comprehend what went through John’s head - even with Celia I can see John thinking there was a chance (at the time it was happening) that her Cross Battles flop was just an “off” night, and the only other viable option for a playoffs save that season on his team was Lisa. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

He should’ve kept Sid. Then I could maybe see him getting someone in the Top 4. 

You think so? I don't know if Sid would have placed higher than DeSz, maybe 50/50 chance of any of both placing above the other 

But yeah, Sid had definitely a better chance of placing higher than John H.

Edited by Gustavo527

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Looking at the competition, Sid would have gotten PV for sure had he stayed on Team Legend.

I think so too.

Why did Sid choose Blake instead of John during the knockouts?

7 minutes ago, AmyNicole said:

I think so too.

Why did Sid choose Blake instead of John during the knockouts?

He said he wanted to work with as much coaches as possible given the opportunity. Probably didn´t care too much about advancing, rather than making the most out of the experience. I respect that, honestly, and in the long run it was a smart move to learn a bit of each coach.l

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:11 AM, FloorWax said:

Saving Jacob instead of Beth and dropping Mendeleyev hurt the most. I voted for him dropping Mendeleyev.

Those were the two I was choosing between too. I eventually voted for not saving Beth, just because of how much worse Jacob was than her. Mendeleyev deserved to go so much further, but Preston did good enough in his battle to justify moving forward IMO.