AI 19 ● Top 12 Live Reveal ● Discussion

istersay

4 minutes ago, jazzontherocks said:

Just heard Wyatt got disqualified because he went back home to Utah last week and it's against the rules. He will update when he's ready. Will still continue to support him. 

That was dumb of him, if it’s true.  Unless he had a good reason for going home to Utah.

Anyway, I kind of figured that Beane and Madison would make it and I think that it was the right choice.  I thought that Alanis didn’t sing good enough tonight (and I liked her more than Madison or Beane), while Graham did well too little too late and Colin was the worst.

• Like 2

Just now, Raphy said:

But with Arthur coming back, hey should’ve gone with 2 girls. 

They don't have that foresight. Foolishly, they honestly think that a Top 12 of six and six will lead to a Top 10 of five and five, when it'll at best be six and four, and possibly even 7-3 (but probably 6-4; wild cards have yet to outlast non-wild cards in the ABC era so it'll probably be Beane, Madison, and one of the other girls leaving and then Arthur will join to make it 6-4.)

Just listened to Beane's performance, he was actually amazing tonight. He really connected to the song and gave a perfect vocal, with no showing off, exactly what he needed to convey the message and story of the song.

• Like 4

Casey's performance in much better in the video they uploaded. Live the sound mixing was way off, but in the video she just KILLS IT. Best performance of the season so far and by far (except for Cassandra's audition as a close 2nd). The video really deserves the listen (I don't know how to post it though ahah). And the arrangement was awesome.

1 minute ago, Brick said:

Casey's performance in much better in the video they uploaded. Live the sound mixing was way off, but in the video she just KILLS IT. Best performance of the season so far and by far (except for Cassandra's audition as a close 2nd). The video really deserves the listen (I don't know how to post it though ahah). And the arrangement was awesome.

Just copy and paste the URL. It'll embed automatically.

2 minutes ago, jjeem said:

Someone posted on Insta that Wyatt broke covid rules.

Wyatt went back to Utah after last night's episode was taped - it was taped on the 8th, and he left for Utah on the 9th.

It's just speculation that he was DQ'd for going to Utah. For all we know, it's possible he decided to withdraw from the competition and then went back to Utah.

Just now, Elliott said:

Wyatt went back to Utah after last night's episode was taped - it was taped on the 8th, and he left for Utah on the 9th.

It's just speculation that he was DQ'd for going to Utah. For all we know, it's possible he decided to withdraw from the competition and then went back to Utah.

True. I'm just guessing its something more sensitive than him withdrawing or else they would say so, or at least let the media know.

Hey everyone, I’m not new to idol forums but I’m new to this side! Normally I stick to the voice, but omg does idol have the voice beat talent wise this year! I’m really excited watching this season so many great voices, and I can’t wait to talk about it with you guys 

• Like 6

Predictable night imo other than the obvious. I had it down to the WC saves once Wyatt was accounted for.

Two bombs in a row for Alanis so it was the right outcome imo. I thought she had the best show stopper performance out of the top 40 but for the last two weeks she has picked songs to big for her voice. Plus i knew at some point it would come down to her vs Casey and both the producers and the audience chose the latter. 

For what it's worth, I think Madison and Beane are DOA next week so it didn't really matter who got saved imo.

3 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

That was dumb of him, if it’s true.  Unless he had a good reason for going home to Utah.

Anyway, I kind of figured that Beane and Madison would make it and I think that it was the right choice.  I thought that Alanis didn’t sing good enough tonight (and I liked her more than Madison or Beane), while Graham did well too little too late and Colin was the worst.

Could be mental health issues too, since he and his sister suffer from it. A couple contestants said they know why in their insta lives tonight but will let Wyatt himself address it. Wishing him good health. I'm with you that Beane and Madison were the right wildcard choices.

Loved seeing paula back, even though i love luke. Wyatt getting kicked out was shocking, he has a right to see his family, they should fly out all the familes. If it wasn't for wyatt, does Madison get the wildcard, i don't think so. Best of the night:

females:

1. Grace

2. Casey 

3, Alyssa 

4. Cassandra 

5. Ava 

6. Madison

Males:

1. Willie 

2. Beane 

3. DeShawn

4. Caleb