The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I’m a Lana fan, and I don’t like this song for her. She’s been much better when she’s been in the songwriter lane of pop/country then the belter lane. 

She did a much better job with “I hope” then I was expecting, and I think she’ll “navigate” this one too…but it’s a stacked lineup, and I don’t think this a great choice. TBH though I think her IS song choice is going to be more important

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

What are you talking about? She lost to Laith

. . . Who was with that man and his army of Twitter devotees.  He'd rarely lost an Instant Save up to that point, and that was no exception.  She could've performed at her best and still lost to Laith.

Edited by Rodney
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

. . . Who was with that man and his army of Twitter devotees.  He'd rarely lost an Instant Save up to that point, and that was no exception.  She could've performed at her best and still lost to Laith

Yes but Laith deserved his finale spot and I'll die on that hill. ;)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

. . . Who was with that man and his army of Twitter devotees.  He'd rarely lost an Instant Save up to that point, and that was no exception.  She could've performed at her best and still lost to Laith

She could have, but her video of her performing it at her church suggested it should have been much better. We had actually been requesting the song in her fan thread, because of that video, so you can imagine the disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

Damn I was really excited about GNT, it's a shame they're stuck with Kelly and her uncreative coaching lol

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE SINGING ON THE OTHER TEAMS?

Oh wait, they wouldn’t have even made it this far.

Edited by Voice
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, gabe0101 said:

Doesn’t matter about technically. Tone! How can you love princess Chevel but hate Queen Lana? 🧐

Well, I don't hate Lana. Neither do I love Chevel.

But speaking from a neutral position towards both, I believe Chevel's tone and style is more unique within modern country. Meanwhile, Lana's style is more common. So if I do have to pick between them, I'd say Chevel is the most appealing in general terms. 

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I’m a Lana fan, and I don’t like this song for her. She’s been much better when she’s been in the songwriter lane of pop/country then the belter lane. 

She did a much better job with “I hope” then I was expecting, and I think she’ll “navigate” this one too…but it’s a stacked lineup, and I don’t think this a great choice. TBH though I think her IS song choice is going to be more important

Her IS was always going to be important. Getting into the T4 is a reach no matter what song she sings, except maybe “Jesus Loves The Red, White & Blue”.