Jessica Meuse "Blue Eyed Lie"

Clark Beckham "When a Man Loves a Woman"

La'Porsha Renae "No More Drama"

Jurnee "Never Enough"

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon & Cynthia Erivo "Time After Time"

Makayla Phillips "The House That Built Me"

Casey Bishop "Black Hole Sun"

Leah Marlene "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)"

These are the 20 performances that placed fourth on their respective seasons. These 20 fourth place performances will be ranked until we find out what the best of the third placers are. Anyone who's played in at least one season of this game can participate. You will send me a ranking of the 20 performances. You will rank them from 1-20 of favorite to least favorite. Comments are required to participate. They don't need to be full writeups, just a sentence will be fine. If you're already left comments on the performances from the previous rounds, feel free to copy and paste them and resend them to me. The deadline is Monday, October 10th at midnight. I will NOT be accepting any rankings after the deadline.

@~Tom~ @*Chris @Solaris @Steven_ @Elliott @FrogLenzen @taylorkat @*Amanda @sublymonal  @*Diana @jarmon @*Wallace @Zoey @JC @NGM @QueenKalie @rdhaley96 @*Lily @Crisis

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (4th Placers - Ranking Due 10/10)

20. Makayla Phillips "The House That Built Me"

k2vxzby.png

16.4/20

Watch Here

@Zoey - 7/20

@Solaris - 13/20

@*Wallace - 16/20

@taylorkat - 16/20

@rdhaley96 - 16/20

@NGM - 17/20

@Alex95 - 18/20

@~Tom~ - 18/20

@Crisis - 19/20

@Steven_ - 20/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

Zoey

Such an amazing and understated vocal.

Sola

Her best that season, but she did better the following season!

Wally

Makayla was one of my main favorites of Season 18, so I was happy that she got the Wildcard spot of the season, even though it was so short lived as she was eliminated the following week. :( Ugh she deserved so much better from America. Anyway, this was a really beautiful and gorgeous performance from Makayla. This was a really surprising song choice as she's more pop/R&B and I didn't expect her to take on a country song, but again... she did a great job with this. She sang the song beautifully and connected well with the emotion of the song. I love how she took her time with the song and she did build it up very nicely and beautifully. She also looked really beautiful here too.

Reason for this #16 ranking: Really gorgeous and stunning performance that I really liked from Makayla. This is also one of my lesser re-watched performances so I don't have that strong of a connection with this performance like some of the other performances, so that's why it ranks on the lower end for me.

Gigi

This is another "just okay" performance for me.

Richard

Very, very pretty. I like how this felt like a more R&B, almost Ariana Grande-inspired take on the song with some really nice runs, yet she still delivered it delicately and with plenty of emotion. I feel like if she actually got to perform this on the Idol stage, this would rank quite a bit higher for me and most others here.

Nico

Meh. Just meh.

Alex

Medicore and from the COVID season. Very easy choice for last place.

Tom

Pleasant. But a little forgettable and Disney-ish.

Crisis

Makayla did a solid job with this Miranda Lambert ballad. However, she didn’t really dig into the song, perhaps because of the show’s format and therefore, I can’t rank it above most of the others.

Steven

This was nice, but it just doesn't stand out much (especially due to the circumstances of the season).

Derek

Makayla's Greedy is one of the worst performances of all time and I can't believe that she even got a chance to sing something else. This is a fake poser mess. This is the kind of contestant that needs a Simon Cowell to tell her to mean things

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (4th Placers - #20 Posted)

Derek ranking Makayla Phillips last. 

200.gif

I still don't get what's so bad about her "Greedy" performance though. :dead: It wasn't great but... one of the worst performances ever? That's such a stretch. :dead: 

Anywho, not too surprised or upset seeing this come in last. It's a beautiful performance and I do really like it but I get how it doesn't really stand out too much.

19. Clark Beckham "When a Man Loves a Woman"

yh9IVbx.png

15.0/20

Watch Here

@FrogLenzen - 4/20

@Steven_ - 10/20

@NGM - 14/20

@Zoey - 14/20

@~Tom~ - 14/20

@*Wallace - 15/20

@Crisis - 18/20

@Alex95 - 19/20

@taylorkat - 19/20

@rdhaley96 - 19/20

@Solaris - 19/20

Derek

kind of all over the place lolol this gets borderline silly but he sold me on it 100%.

Steven

Another impressive vocal from Clark Beckham.

Nico

Well sung, but it bears the classic shortcomings of any Clark performance.

Zoey

Overrated.

Tom

Vocally great.

Wally

I loved Clark's "When A Man Loves A Woman" performance. But with Clark having such a great run on the show, this was one of those ~great performances I love but forgot how great it was/how much I love it~ type performances until I rewatch it. I do love it when he sings these classic soulful songs as he really sings them so well. He has a great soulful voice. I know some of his performances may have a lack of connection ability to them but didn't feel that was the case here. I do love all of the soulful raspiness he puts in his vocals and all of the range he showcases here. The performance as a whole is a great but my favorite part is where he BELTS OUT THAT Falsetto note where he sings: when a loooovvvvveeessssss aaaaa womannn. That long note he held was insane! :omg::dead: Then I love how he closed the performance on a quieter softer note. After watching this, I do forget how great this was and how much I love it.

Reason for this #15 ranking: This was a great performance that I did really like a lot from Clark. It wasn't one of my biggest favorites from him nor amongst this group of performances so it ranks on the lower end for me. But it's also one of those performances that impresses me more than I realize so that helped me push this up a few more spots.

Crisis

Clark held nothing back with his live voting debut performance. It’s not one of my main favorites of his, but it’s a solid one, nonetheless.

Alex

Very whiny and nasally, just not an ounce of soul in this performance. Way too mediocre for someone of his talent.

Gigi

I didn't like any of his performances except one or so and this isn't one of them. His voice isn't my cup of tea.

Richard

I feel kind of bad at this point, consistently ranking Clark at/near the bottom for the third time now, lol. His performances just don’t really do anything for me. I think what it is is that while he’s definitely a capable singer, he often pushes to a near-excruciating level, all while not really connecting emotionally. This was the best of the three performances of his I’ve ranked so far, but I still feel a bit lukewarm about it. : / 

Sola

Not a fan of him or this performance.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (4th Placers - #19 Posted)