@taylorkat - 15/20

@Steven_ - 15/20

@~Tom~ - 15/20

@Solaris - 16/20

@FrogLenzen - 16/20

@Crisis - 17/20

@*Wallace - 18/20

Richard

Excellent duet. Jeremiah’s and Cynthia’s voices meshed perfectly on the song, and both of them gave each other plenty of space to do their thing. It just felt like two consummate professionals sharing the stage, which is a big compliment for Jeremiah since he really did hold his own against an actual professional.

Of course, as great as this duet of “Time After Time” was, it’s still only the second-best we’ve seen on Idol. Take it away, Allison.~

Zoey

Now we’re hitting the meh performances

Nico

Great duet, nothing else to add here.

Alex

A lovely performance. Not one that really stacked up well against this group of performances, but still lovely.

Gigi

This is nice and I don't dislike it, it's just here because I like others more.

Steven

Really great duet between Jeremiah and Cynthia Erivo. Their voices complemented each other well, and they delivered a very nice performance together.

Tom

It was good, but I'm not crazy about the song.

Sola

Doesn’t really belong on this list so ranking it low.

Derek

it was fine. Elphaba sounded good but there wasn’t a lot to do here

Crisis

A classy and well-sung duet. Cynthia was a great partner; I loved how proud she was when Jeremiah hit that big note towards and how she guided him at the end.

Wally

Jeremiah getting to sing a duet with Cynthia Erivo is such an epic duet pairing to make happen. And this actual performance did not disappoint. Jeremiah started off the song beautifully and sang it with passion and emotion, which is what he excels at. Then I love how Cynthia comes in and sings her part just as beautifully. I like how they both took their time with the song. I loved how they sang and sounded together when they sang the chorus together.❤️ I really loved the part where Jeremiah was really sanging and belting it towards the end and then the audience applauded. That was a great shining moment for him. I also loved how Cynthia reigned it in and allowed Jeremiah to shine as the contestant (because she totally could have outshone him here but she didn't). Wow I even see the first Youtube comment saying that too. Beautiful duet!

Reason for this #18 ranking: This is a beautiful and stunning performance. It's a bit too understated amongst most of these performances and I just find myself more invested into the other performances I ranked higher up.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (4th Placers - #18 Posted)

- Aww a bit sad but not too surprised about Clark's WAMLAW coming in at 19th. I am surprised with how low this came in, that there wasn't any #20s for this. 😮 Not my favorite of his but still really like it.

- Ooops, not me ranking the Jeremiah & Cynthia duet the lowest out of everyone. But at least my #18 comes in at 18th so I can't complain with this ranking. I do pretty much agree with most of the comments. This was a nice and lovely performance that I do enjoy but it just doesn't stack up to most of these performances.

17. Leah Marlene "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)"

ZVoxcgw.png

14.2/20

Watch Here

@NGM - 3/20

@Alex95 - 6/20

@FrogLenzen - 10/20

@*Wallace - 13/20

@Crisis - 15/20

@Solaris - 15/20

@taylorkat - 18/20

@rdhaley96 - 18/20

@Steven_ - 19/20

@~Tom~ - 19/20

@Zoey - 20/20

Nico

While it's not a perfect vocal, it's such a strong performance that all my nitpicking is irrelevant. She showed that she can sing like no one else on that season and also put on a show. Def deserved the win over what we got.

Alex

I'm still shocked how much I love this performance. I think this is such a weak song choice, but she completely committed and absolutely made me believe in every word she was saying. Robbed!

Derek

fun fact, she actually lost the season to some random mumbly country white guy with zero charisma. This started boring and then became kind of manic but it was fun seeing her try different things

Wally

"Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" is a song that I don't know so I came into this performance not knowing what Leah was going to do. I also remember thinking that I thought she would be singing an upbeat performance here so I was surprised with the slower opening. The soft slow opening was a very nice and beautiful way to start off the performance. She did sound beautiful and poured a lot of emotion into what she was singing there. I liked how she very slowly but surely built this performance up. I liked how she had this intensity to her with her bigger notes she was hitting, before it got to the uptempo portion of the performance. Speaking of the uptempo portion, wow.... that part of the performance was kinda fierce and I loved the fire and pizazz Leah put into the performance here. She was channeling her inner rocker. She was wailing all of these big notes but performing like a rock star and was having so much fun. It was an electrifying and fun performance to watch. And also definitely my favorite uptempo performance of Leah's too + one of my overall faves from her as well!

Reason for this #13 ranking: I feel like this is a Leah performance that grows on me more and more overtime. I don't know if I would have had it this high right after the season but it finds itself at 13th. This was a fun and exciting performance from Leah. But I just love and connect more to the other performances I have higher. Though I can still see this growing more on me in the future.

Crisis

A risky song that Leah pulled off. The buildup was smooth despite a few rough parts, and Leah certainly gave her all in the performance.

Sola

not sure I wholly get the love for this one, but she performed well.

Gigi

This is fine, but not a favorite of mine.

Richard

Honestly, I think I underrated this a little bit the first time. Only a little, though. Mainly, I just don’t really like Journey’s music (or much synthy 80s rock in general). :haha:

Having said that, while she wasn’t terrible on this, this almost felt like if Blake Lewis were to take on Beyoncé. Like sure, it’s gutsy, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good fit. I just don’t really comprehend why she’d choose Journey when they’re not really her vibe at all. 

Steven

This was pretty good, but I guess I just liked other performances better.

Tom

For a cheesy band like Journey, it was one of their better songs to choose, but she sounded a bit off when the music kicked in.

Zoey

The most basic finalist there ever has been.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (4th Placers - #17 Posted)

Ah I'm kinda surprised seeing Leah's "Separate Ways" showing up and me being one of its highest rankers. :haha: This was such a cool and fun performance from Leah! It wasn't perfect but still a lot of fun.

I get the criticism of the song choice/choosing Journey as that did seem unexpected. But I am LOLing at the Blake Lewis/Beyoncé comment from Richard. That's something I never imagined in my life before. :dead: I also don't quite get Zoey's comment there. :dead: 

• Haha 1

16. Jurnee "Never Enough"

ySJ7WEH.png

13.0/20

Watch Here

@Crisis - 8/20

@Solaris - 9/20

@Zoey - 10/20

@Alex95 - 12/20

@*Wallace - 12/20

@taylorkat - 13/20

@rdhaley96 - 13/20

@NGM - 15/20

@Steven_ - 16/20

@~Tom~ - 17/20

@FrogLenzen - 18/20

Crisis

The title of the song is fitting for Jurnee’s time on Idol. After disappointingly not being voted into the Top 7, she came out and gave a riveting performance of this song and thankfully earned a WC spot.

Sola

beautiful performance.  One of the best of the season!

Zoey

I preferred some of her other performances but this was good.

Alex

Not one of Jurnee's strongest vocals, but it was still a lovely performance from her.

Wally

I struggled on figuring out what was my favorite performance from Jurnee but I feel like "Never Enough" is that performance. "Never Enough" seemed to be Jurnee's signature song on her Idol journey as she sang this a few times. Each time she sang this song, it was really such a beautiful moment, including when she sang it on the live shows. She poured so much heart and emotion into this performance that it gave me chills. :omg: She sang this song with stunning crystal-clear vocals. I reallly love the parts where she sang the pre-chorus and the chorus of the song! Those were truly special and moving moments of this performance. Her belting of those never be enough and never neverr were simply stunning! :omg::wub: She more than earned her spot into the finals with this performance, although shame on America not voting her straight through to the finals. One of Jurnee's best performances!

Reason for this #12 ranking: This was gorgeous and one of my very favorites from Jurnee. I think this #12 ranking works as I simply love the other performances above this even more.

Gigi

I think this is my favorite performance of hers and my favorite version of this song.

Richard

Jurnee has a really beautiful quality to her voice, and she definitely lived up to it here. There were moments where her voice was right on the edge of breaking, but she still pulled through with a very solid performance.

Also, I won’t deny that I’m putting this one spot ahead of [REDACTED] partially out of pettiness, lol.

Nico

It's good, but like most of Jurnee's performances, it never really matched what was shown of her in the taped rounds.

Steven

Lovely vocal from Jurnee as always. She was my favorite contestant this season, but she falls low on my ranking here just because I think the performances I ranked higher were stronger.

Tom

There are other Jurnee performances I liked better, nd better versions of this song also. 

Derek

a bit... plodding. Her phrasing in the chorus was really odd but I don't know this song that well. Up the speed a bit and put more power into the upper register and this could have been a moment

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (4th Placers - #16 Posted)

Not too surprised with the ranking of Jurnee "Never Enough." I would have preferred it a little higher but still a good spot for this. Interesting how this has a tight set of rankings from #8 to #18. So it kinda proves Jurnee isn't that polarizing amongst these performances.