@QueenKalie - 16/20

@hayden98 - 16/20

@jarmon - 17/20

@goofycilla90 - 17/20

@*Diana - 17/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 17/20

@JC - 18/20

Lily

I'd love a Lady Sings the Blues-style record from Candice (I just want another record, period). Her voice accompanies this style so gorgeously, another amazing performance.

Crisis

Lovely. Just absolutely lovely. I had other performances in mind when Richard and I were deciding which performance to advance to the finals. I always thought this was one of Candice’s better performances, so I agreed with sending it to the finals. However, it wasn’t until I re-watched this performance that I realized I underestimated how great it was and that it is absolutely worthy of being here. It gave off a sultry, jazzy, and lounge-y feel (I mean that in a good way). I almost put it in my Top 5, but I like the performances above it more. Still, it’s a great one.

Wally

I don't think I heard this song before Candice sang it but within 5 seconds, she sold me on this. This is such a classy performance from Candice. She connected so beautifully to the song and her vocal performance was flawless. She sang this song so incredibly well. I absolutely LOVE those parts where she sings "youuuu'vvvee chhhangggeddd." The mix of sweet falsetto notes to the belting notes she does in this is outstanding. She makes it so effortless. I love the way she build up the song and sang the chorus. Then I also love how she hit those big notes. She makes it all so effortless. Just so stunning! :wub:

Andrew

Another gorgeous performance by Candice. She really did THAT week after week after week. 

Alex

Classy, elegant, sung to perfection. Another example of why Candice is one of the best to ever do it.

Andy

Slayed. Random but I can't believe Somewhere didn't make the final vote, that would have made my top 5 easily

Chris

Candice did justice to Billie Holiday with this worldclass performance. 

Kevin

It was Candice, so it was really good.

Elliott

I really enjoyed this, but I wish some other Candice performances had made it over here instead.

JC

why are all her song choices trying to out-boring each other? per usual I'm deep in my REM cycle. 😴

9. Candice Glover "Ordinary People"

BjHcbuB.png

9.4/20

Watch Here

@FrogLenzen - 2/20

@NGM - 4/20

@taylorkat - 4/20

@Alex95 - 4/20

@*Lily - 5/20

@*Wallace - 5/20

@Crisis - 5/20

@Solaris - 6/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 6/20

@*Amanda - 6/20

@rdhaley96 - 7/20

@*Chris - 8/20

@hayden98 - 9/20

@Zoey - 10/20

@sublymonal - 10/20

@Steven_ - 11/20

@#jeah - 11/20

@Elliott - 12/20

@jarmon - 13/20

@goofycilla90 - 13/20

@*Diana - 13/20

@JC - 17/20

@QueenKalie - 17/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 18/20

@1234567890 - 19/20

Alex

Candice has such a killer lower register and I love any performance where she takes advantage of that. Another amazing vocal from Candice, GOD I LOVE HER SO MUCH :wub:

Lily

Star quality for days! I thought this was such a cool take on the original song and I constantly found myself looking forward to what she was going to do next.

Wally

This was a really gorgeous and stunning performance from Candice, but we really shouldn't expect anything less from her. :wub: I do love how she changed and twisted up the song into this cool jazzy arrangement. She connected very well to the song and she delivered such a fantastic vocal performance. Loved how rich and velvet her voice is on the verses. Then she sang the chorus wonderfully. But the bridge section of the song.... was incredible. She was sanging and belting those notes so flawlessly and so effortlessly! :wub: That was probably my favorite part of the performance. Then I love how she ended this performance so softly and sweetly. With how many amazing performances Candice delivered, I forgot how amazing this was. I even moved this up a few spots (which is hard to do with all of these Candice performances). But yes, I love this a ton!

Crisis

After a strong showing of A Natural Woman in her first performance, Candice went out and gave an even better one of a song that’s been overplayed. This is one of the few times I preferred an Idol performance to the original. Candice made some vocal choices that someone lacking great control of his/her voice would not have been able to pull off. However, Candice made them look effortless. This would be the best performance for most contestants; however, Candice was just getting started with this one.

Sola

I have a soft spot for this song, and this performance was incredible

Kevin

*fans self*

Chris

Candice did justice to this song, my favourite John Legend's song - I've seen this song performed on various singing competition and no rendition come close to Candice's version. 

Andy

I am of the opinion that Candice slayed this season, week after week. This is amazing per usual. (A little forgettable compared to the performances above this which is why it's not higher)

Elliott

I don't really remember much about this.

JC

This is probably the best of her performances but mostly because I love this song. She only did a mediocre job at it though as after the beginning, the level drops and it gets messy, not a fan of her inflections and pitchiness.

QK

Candice is a good singer but I didn't care for this performance.

8. Angie Miller "Who You Are"

DhpG4qa.png

9.4/20

Watch Here

@JC - 1/20

@*Diana - 1/20

@taylorkat - 1/20

@*Amanda - 2/20

@*Wallace - 3/20

@Elliott - 4/20

@QueenKalie - 5/20

@rdhaley96 - 5/20

@goofycilla90 - 6/20

@jarmon - 7/20

@*Chris - 7/20

@sublymonal - 9/20

@Solaris - 9/20

@Crisis - 9/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 10/20

@1234567890 - 12/20

@hayden98 - 13/20

@*Lily - 13/20

@Steven_ - 15/20

@#jeah - 15/20

@Alex95 - 15/20

@FrogLenzen - 16/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 18/20

@NGM - 19/20

@Zoey - 20/20

JC

Perfection, stunning, I am sure this will be bussed by some people but it deserves to win obvs, but will be robbed just like Angie was on this season 🙂 

Wally

"Who You Are" is not only my favorite Angie performance, but it's also my favorite non-Candice performance of the season. I was super happy that JC & Derek advanced this through, as my other favorites from Angie missed out but I am glad my favorite from her made it through. This was a really beautiful performance from Angie. I love the arragement she had here with playing the piano. She really connected with this performance and gave a heartfelt emotional performance here. I also thought she gave a fantastic vocal performance. This was maybe her best vocal performance? I just love the emotion, passion, intensity and aggression she put into this song. The way she built up and sang that bridge was incredible. :omg: After she powered through the bridge, I love how she took the performance down a couple notches showcases some softer pretty notes. And then she built it up with so much power and emotion. An incredible performance from Angie, and it better be her last standing performance.

Elliott

As the most outspoken fan of Singer 2017 champion and former bisexual Jessie J, I obviously loved Angie's performance of it. :wub: Had this been done in 2013, this easily would've been my #1 ranking but it's fallen for me over the years and Saara Aalto's performance has outranked it so it lands here.

QK

This was Angie's best performance in my opinion and a very good one. She's my third favorite on this season but I liked her well enough.

Chris

This one always been my favourite Angie's performance, and there's no denying that it was one of the top tier performance of the season. 

Andrew

I think this performance was the closest to nailing the pure perfection that was Angie’s original song in Hollywood which says a lot because Singer 2018 Winner Jessie J is a hard artist to cover.

Sola

her best

Crisis

While I felt Angie was up and down as well as overhyped during S12, I felt she was at her best being behind the piano and not trying too hard to come across as a pop star. Who You Are brought out all of her best elements. Although she appeared to be theatrical at times, I felt she was the most connected and genuine in this performance. This was her best performance of the season IMO.

Lily

Angie always delivered in the vocals and I feel bad for kinda repeating this comment in all her performances but there was just a slight disconnect between the vocals and performance for me. I also just don't really like this song. But it was my favorite of her three in this endgame.

Andy

I enjoyed this much more on rewatch than I was expecting to (especially the more restrained first half). I don't think I could listen to her sing forever, but man does she sound amazing here and she hits every note perfectly. I do think she gets a little shouty in the second half though

Alex

The good news is this is easily her most authentic performance of the competition. The bad news is this is a pretty rough vocal.

Derek

this arrangement went sideways in the middle there lol wut. She’s good but I didn’t like this. Stop trying to imitate Jessie J. I don’t think Jessie J songs work for this kind of show, they rely too much on Jessie’s individual style and voice. Not really melodic.

Kevin

I don't even remember this.

7. Kree Harrison "Here Comes Goodbye"

ZHXW3hv.png

8.8/20

Watch Here

@jarmon - 3/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 3/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 3/20

@*Diana - 4/20

@*Chris - 4/20

@goofycilla90 - 5/20

@hayden98 - 5/20

@sublymonal - 5/20

@NGM - 6/20

@QueenKalie - 7/20

@Crisis - 7/20

@Steven_ - 8/20

@Elliott - 8/20

@*Wallace - 8/20

@Solaris - 8/20

@1234567890 - 9/20

@*Lily - 11/20

@JC - 12/20

@#jeah - 12/20

@rdhaley96 - 13/20

@FrogLenzen - 14/20

@*Amanda - 15/20

@Zoey - 16/20

@taylorkat - 16/20

@Alex95 - 19/20

Kevin

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Chris

One of my favourite performance of the season which means it's one of my favourite performance of Kree's - it's obviously my 2nd favourite of hers.  At this point in the competition, Kree was on a roll and really solidified her spot as runner-up to Candice (yes, we all knew Candice was going to win).  And back to the performance now - you could really feel every words that she was singing which made this performance even more special. 

Andrew

This sort of felt like a sequel to See You Again. Again, Kree nailed the emotion of the song and delivered a beautiful version of it.

Crisis

Kree had a bit of a rough night during Top 3 Week. However, it was also the week she provided this gem. I can’t say I’m a fan of Here Comes Goodbye or Rascal Flatts for that matter, but she gave a lovely and heartfelt performance of it, not to mention she herself looked really lovely during the performance. I’d say this is her second strongest performance of the season.

Elliott

i don't know why am i'm crying in the club right now

Wally

I never thought of what my favorite Kree performance was on her Idol run, but I think it's a close run between “Here Comes Goodbye” or "See You Again." I'm giving this performance the advantage right now. Well this is excluding "Evidence" as that is very likely my favorite from Kree. Anyway, Kree really excels at these emotional country ballads, and this performance is the perfect example of that. She sang this song beautifully with beautiful vocals and a great emotional connection. I do love how she starts off the song, and how she builds it up with her belting. Lovely.

Sola

Such a beautiful performance!

Lily

I think she was a worthy runner-up to Candice. She had a great quality about her voice with some really beautiful moments and always was able to express that emotion and rawness in her vocals, which came through here.

JC

All her performances sound the same. I am just not a fan of female country voices. IDK though, this had some offkey moments.

Andy

Such a meh song imo lol. But she hit this out of the park. Her voice is ssssssssoooooooooooo beautiful it's not fair

Alex

Amazing performance for those Kree's style appeals to. I am very much not that person.

6. Kree Harrison "See You Again"

w2tqPDa.png

8.6/20

Watch Here

@1234567890 - 1/20

@*Diana - 2/20

@Steven_ - 2/20

@goofycilla90 - 3/20

@Zoey - 3/20

@sublymonal - 3/20

@*Chris - 5/20

@Elliott - 5/20

@Solaris - 5/20

@jarmon - 6/20

@rdhaley96 - 6/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 7/20

@JC - 9/20

@QueenKalie - 9/20

@FrogLenzen - 10/20

@*Wallace - 10/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 10/20

@NGM - 13/20

@taylorkat - 13/20

@*Amanda - 13/20

@#jeah - 14/20

@*Lily - 15/20

@Crisis - 15/20

@hayden98 - 17/20

@Alex95 - 18/20

Andrew

It’s funny how Kree is my favourite from the season and yet Candice takes my Top 2 spots, but what Kree did so well during S12 was nail the emotional dynamics of a song and this was the prime example of that. Between the intro package about her parents and this pitch perfect rendition of a Carrie Underwood song, she had us all weeping and proved she was the only worthy competition for Candice that season.

Chris

This performance is in my Top 3 performance of Kree, and it is also one of my top favourite performance of the season - it was the first time that Kree really took on a current country song and put her own twist to it. And you could totally feel that Kree meant every words that she was singing -  very similar to her performance of "Stars" in Hollywood. 

Elliott

i don't know why am i'm crying in the club right now

Sola

stunning

JC

Nice ballad, she's a good singer, but just not my cup of tea. I want to fall asleep.

Wally

"See You Again" was a really beautiful performance from Kree. It's a tall order singing a Carrie Underwood song, but she did it wonderfully. I do like how she had a slower more acoustic kind of arrangement here, where she got to really emote the song and showcase her vocals. This was such a touching dedication performance she did for her performances here. I don't have too much to say, but this is beautiful and one of my favorites from Kree(dom). 

Kevin

Emotional and brilliant.

Andy

Beautiful vocals

Lily

She conveyed the emotion into this performance really beautifully and credit to her for doing so.

Crisis

A nice rendition of this song from Kree. I liked the more laid-back and acoustic rendition of this song. With that said, it’s my least favorite Kree performance in the finals, although it isn’t really a bad performance, and I feel this is a nice spot for it. Sorry Victoria.

Alex

Oof I didn't mean to come across as such a hater. I didn't realize these last two performances were so loved, I thought they were more lower-tier Kree faves. Once again, I get the appeal but just Not For Me.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 12 - 10-6 Posted)
On 2/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, Alex95 said:

Top 8 - Detroit

Janelle Arthur "You Keep Me Hangin' On"

Top 6 - Burt Bacharach / Wish You Wrote

Candice Glover "Don't Make Me Over"

Candice Glover "Lovesong"

Top 2 - Finale

Kree Harrison "Up To The Mountain" (Reprise)

Candice Glover "I (Who Have Nothing)" (Reprise)

Top 5 for the lazy

• Like 1

Top 3 rankings remaining:

Akshar

Alex

Amanda

Andrew

Andy

Chris

Crisis

Derek

Diana

N/A

Elliott

Gigi

Hayden

JC

N/A

JORDAN

Kevin

Lily

Nico

Priscilla

QK

Richard

Sola

Steven

Victoria

Wallace

Zoey

Kree deserved better, two of those performances are worthy of Top 5.

I don’t disagree with the Top 5 though as I like all of those performances - I would have swapped one of them with one of Kree’s though. 

• Like 1