Contestants that made Voice History

Misirlou

We have visited this topic before, but with an audience like this(white housewives who vote for WGWG) its pretty notable.

Season 14 - Spensha Baker being the 1st AA-Woman(adult) to enter the Finale, Kyla Jade joining her in about 20 minutes as another Top 3 PV.

Rose Short, Toneisha Harris, Desz will follow suit come S17/S18/S19.(It was said Toneisha is also the first AA-Woman to make 2nd, highest ranking of AA-Women)

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Season 14 - Spensha Baker being the 1st AA-Woman(adult) to enter the Finale, Kyla Jade joining her in about 20 minutes as another Top 3 PV.

Really? It took 14 seasons for that to happen? 🤨🤦🏾‍♂️

Edited by disney1024

Cassade's iconic cover of OVER YOU is the highest selling performance in the voice's history with 340K+ solds.

Matt McAndrew also made history when his OG Wasted love sold 209K+ making it the highest selling OG ever.

Jordan is the first ever and the only contestant who had all of the live performances under top 10 on itunes. The first ever to have all of his Christian songs(Great is thy faithfulness, Hallelujah, and MDYK?) at #1 spot on the Christian's chart. The first ever contestant to break 60M views on Y-tube(On his BA) and had other 6 performances which were over 10M and the ones which weren't above 10M were at least above 4M or 5M(Making him the only contestant that had all of the performances over 4M or 5M). Also I have to mention that he knocked down Adele's Hello from the #1 spot twice(First with SBTL and then with MDYK?).

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Cassade's iconic cover of OVER YOU is the first voice performance which reached the #1 spot on the itunes. And btw it still to this day remains the highest selling performance in the voice's history with 340K+ solds.

Didn’t know this. I always thought Matthew’s Hallelujah was the highest selling performance (mostly because it charted not only in his season but in subsequent seasons as well)

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Didn’t know this. I always thought Matthew’s Hallelujah was the highest selling performance (mostly because it charted not only in his season but in subsequent seasons as well)

Yeah me too. But maybe WIKI says the highest selling performance in a sense that it was the most sold in the debut week. Mathew's song was at #2 during the voting window and I think it's debut week sales aren't as high as Over You.

This is what it says

Cassadee Pope holds the record for highest selling single with her rendition of "Over You", which has sold over 340,000 copies. She also holds the record for highest selling single after The Voice, as "Wasting All These Tears" has gone Platinum, selling 1,013,000 copies in the U.S.Until she was eclipsed by Whiskey Glasses by Morgan Wallen which is certified 3× Platinum in the U.S.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

1. Todd Tilghman - The only winner whose Blind Audition was aired as opening performance of the entire season.

2. Chris Blue - The only winner whose Blind Audition was aired as closing performance of the entire season.

3. Chloe Kohanski - The only Knockout performance that reached Top 10 on iTunes, iirc.

4. Britton Buchanan - The first Blocked performance aired when the block was introduced.

5. Danielle Bradbery - The first teenager and the first female teenager to win The Voice.

6. Chloe Kohanski - The first female rocker to ever win the show.

7. Sawyer Fredericks - The first male teenage winner.

8. Elenowen - The first duo to audition The Voice.

9.  Jermaine Paul - The first 2-chair turner to win The Voice.

10. Rebekah Samarin - The first triple montaged artist of The Voice.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2021 at 10:01 PM, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Kymberli Joye-  First ever person to face 2 contestants in the battles and knockouts and defeat them. 

Now that i think, Taryn Papa was the first person to face 3 people in both battles and Knockouts (She didn't defeat WTW though, even if she should have, and she technically only beat two people in the 4WKO 😬)

• Like 2

Cassadee Pope: First contestant to win despite having been montaged in any particular round.

Belle Jewel: First double-montaged contestant to be stolen (and I'm pretty sure that she only avoided the dreaded triple montage because of Miley's steal).

Jordyn Simone: First Battle steal to be montaged out of a losing Knockout (since Battle steals up to that point had always been shown working with their new coaches for at least one round).

Michael Williams: First contestant to win the Four-Way Knockout since its introduction.

Joseph Soul: First Battle steal to be montaged through a winning Knockout (though second Battle steal to be montaged through the Knockouts overall).

Edited by Rodney