Your Least Favorite S16 Country Guy?

David68

Question  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One: Your least favorite country guy from S16 to make CBs.

• Carter Lloyd Horne
    • Gyth Rigdon
    • Dexter Roberts
    • Andrew Jannakos
    • Andrew Sevener

Andrew Sevener turned out to be one of the better country males in recent memory imo.  Dexter had some nice moments too.

Didnt care for the others but Gyth def get a my vote as the worst.

Btw I have no recollection of Andrew Jannakos being on the show whatsoever.

Edited by ATX29

For the record, Andrew Jannakos is pretty good as well, he´s got a solid deep tone, but he had no chance due to being Team Adam and the fact that his coach had the brilliant idea of sending him against a Team Blake country artist.

And the thing about Andrew Sevener, is the fact that he clearly is seasoned despite being quite young, you can tell he´s had experience performing gigs, so he had no problem in delivering good performances throughout the show.

Edited by Misirlou

26 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Andrew Sevener may not be the type who captures the imagination of a TV audience or anything, but he is actually very good. 

I voted for Gyth here, but I have a feeling he’s probably not too bad in real life. His voice was toast. 

I think Gyth's biggest issue was that vocally he couldn't handle the week-after-week singing + rehearsing + doing press interviews + other social media stuff for The Voice (ie, the YouTube channel filler videos) - that's a lot of wear and tear on a person's vocal cords so if there's not at least some extended periods of enforced vocal rest, it's going to catch up with the artists and cause issues. Granted, I also couldn't stand how nasal he was, but having a demanding vocal schedule is enough to wear even the most experienced professional vocalists out.

21 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I think Gyth's biggest issue was that vocally he couldn't handle the week-after-week singing + rehearsing + doing press interviews + other social media stuff for The Voice (ie, the YouTube channel filler videos) - that's a lot of wear and tear on a person's vocal cords so if there's not at least some extended periods of enforced vocal rest, it's going to catch up with the artists and cause issues. Granted, I also couldn't stand how nasal he was, but having a demanding vocal schedule is enough to wear even the most experienced professional vocalists out.

That’s what surprised me about Chevel. She was constantly doing interviews, talking, socializing, doing live streams, and she practiced constantly according to other contestants. There didn’t appear to be any concern about “vocal rest.”  I thought her voice might be toast after singing “Little White Church” for a week, with all of the hammering on her vocal cords, but it was fine. A lot of contestants constantly steam their vocal cords, and buy every gimmick product imaginable. That’s probably what I would do. LOL. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s what surprised me about Chevel. She was constantly doing interviews, talking, socializing, doing live streams, and she practiced constantly according to other contestants. There didn’t appear to be any concern about “vocal rest.”  I thought her voice might be toast after singing “Little White Church” for a week, with all of the hammering on her vocal cords, but it was fine. A lot of contestants constantly steam their vocal cords, and buy every gimmick product imaginable. That’s probably what I would do. LOL. 

Everyone's voice has different tolerance levels, I guess. (Not a medical professional though so take everything I say with a voice of salt)

On 9/30/2020 at 4:29 PM, anonymouskid_35 said:

Carter for me. I really don't think though that he is a country dude?

His Take Me to Church performance was just 🤢.

Out of all, Dexter was the most tolerable one, I love his Believe and Here Without You performance.

Carter's "Way Down We Go" performance was shockingly his best, though.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this one. 

Andrew J aside, man, the other 4 really did cause havoc here, didn't they? :haha:

Maelyn won at the end, which was deserved, but I tip my hat to the guys for making S16 an entertaining experience as an IDF user. Watching this forum go into insanity, anger and disappointment over a singing show was pretty funny.

I’m not going to count Andrew J because he didn’t do much damage or Carter because he wasn’t really country.

As for the rest, Gyth and Andrew could make a case for me, since Gyth went downhill and Andrew was solid but never really had a moment. I would have rather seen Shawn and Rod in the finale.