Top 5 favorite male contestants

Hamza Tufail

1. Matt McAndrews - The Alt-Rock King and true winner of S7.

2. Jordan Smith - A stellar vocalist with clear precision and a ball of sheer power. No one deserved to win S9 other then him tbh.

3. Hunter Plake - His voice is memorizing and a true finalist of S12.

4. Sawyer Fredericks - He really is a true artist and can sing for sure, range is wide and he knows how to project. If it wasn't Koryn, he should have won S8 and he rightfully did.

5. Noah Mac - Wow, like Noah just has such a deep and rich tone, so glad he didn't turn out to be another Mark Isaiah at first look lmao. He was robbed of a finale spot if Keisha wasn't gonna receive one.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 4

1. Matthew Schuler - At his best, I think he is the best contestant that this show has ever seen. Sadly, some awful song choices and his voice being shot ended up kicking him out of the show. But at least he gave us Cosmic Love (probably my favorite Voice performance period), Cough Syrup, Hallelujah and Wrecking Ball. His tone and the dynamics he displays when singing are outstanding.

2. Jordan Smith - He doesn’t have the most unique tone, but he makes up for it with everything else. Somebody to Love and Mary Did You Know are his peak performances, but his run on the show is consistently great from start to finish.

3. Chris Jamison - By far the most fun I had rooting for a contestant. I didn’t care for him at all in the taped rounds, but starting with Jealous he made me a big fan. I watch his renditions of WIWYM and Cry Me A River to this day.

4. Thunderstorm Artis - Blackbird is one of my favorite auditions ever and I loved everything else he sang on the show. I like Todd, but TStorm was on another league compared to his opponents.

5. Josh Kaufman - Fantastic vocalist with a great tone, and he had great song choices during his run on The Voice. Like TStorm, he was on another league (even if I love Christina).

HM:
Will Champlin

Jeffery Austin

Sawyer Fredericks

Matt McAndrew

Domenic Haynes

Edited by Daillon

This ranking is based off their actual Voice journeys, since the question is about favorite CONTESTANTS. This would be a much different list if we're considering post-show journeys.

5. Matt McAndrew

4. Will Champlin

3. Todd Tilghman

2. Josh Kaufman

1. Barrett Baber

Not really in any particular order.

1. Terry McDermott - I know he's a bit karaoke-ish, but hey, I started watching the Voice because I heard him singing the Who so well. 

2. Will Champlin - honestly, such a solid run. I remember playing his version of At Last on repeat. And Secrets?? LOVE IT.

3. Josh Kaufman - I really really like his soulfulness and his tone.

4. Thunderstorm Artis - every single time, so so good. 

5. Jordan Smith - I cannot deny his skills. Mary Did You Know is still one of my favorites.

HM:

Owen Danoff - love his pre and post show work, but his show run just pales in comparison to my Top 5

Matt McAndrew 

Hunter Plake

Noah Mac

Sawyer Fredericks

I have to pick a top 5??? Agh. Note that the HM list is definitely way longer. 

1. Matt McAndrew
  2. Noah Mac
  3. Thunderstorm Artis
  4. Jordan Smith
  5. Sawyer Fredericks

HMs (by season order):

Matthew Schuler

Will Champlin

Cole Vosbury

James Wolpert

Josh Kaufman

Chris Jamison

Luke Wade

Darius Scott

Laith Al-Saadi

Sundance Head

Hunter Plake (he's #6 but this asked for a top 5 so)

Chris Blue

Chris Weaver

Britton Buchanan

WILKES

Johnny Bliss

Reid Umstattd

Drew Cole

Patrique Fortson

Kameron Marlowe

DeAndre Nico

Shawn Sounds

Rod Stokes

Ricky Duran

Will Breman

Max Boyle

James Violet

Todd Tilghman

CammWess

Roderick Chambers

Darious Lyles

7 hours ago, Daillon said:

1. Matthew Schuler - At his best, I think he is the best contestant that this show has ever seen. Sadly, some awful song choices and his voice being shot ended up kicking him out of the show. But at least he gave us Cosmic Love (probably my favorite Voice performance period), Cough Syrup, Hallelujah and Wrecking Ball. His tone and the dynamics he displays when singing are outstanding

If he managed to do in his other performances like he did in Cosmic Love, Wrecking Ball and Hallelujah  he might've won.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

This ranking is based off their actual Voice journeys, since the question is about favorite CONTESTANTS. This would be a much different list if we're considering post-show journeys.

5. Matt McAndrew

4. Will Champlin

3. Todd Tilghman

2. Josh Kaufman

1. Barrett Baber

Lol I was surprised to not see Kameron Marlowe and Luke Wade on your list but then I realized you said it was based on their runs on the show

1. Noah Mac

2. Will Breman

3. WILKES

4. Laith Al-Saadi

5. Ricky Duran

With longer runs they could've been here: Reid Umstattd, Taylor Phelan, Troy Ritchie

Other HM: Matthew Schuler, Davon Fleming, Todd Tilghman

Edited by Someone648

1 hour ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Lol I was surprised to not see Kameron Marlowe and Luke Wade on your list but then I realized you said it was based on their runs on the show

I definitely think both would have made it on the Top 5 if they made it further. Will Breman and Hunter Plake would be a close #7 and #6, respectively.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:02 PM, mercfan3 said:

Also..maybe unpopular opinion..but Josh Kaufman is the best male vocalist the show has ever had. 

I wouldn't go that far with THE BEST MALE VOCALIST but he surely is one of the best along with Jordan, Trevin, Chris B and Chris J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

Also..maybe unpopular opinion..but Josh Kaufman is the best male vocalist the show has ever had. 

I like Jordan more, but I agree (I’ll pretend Set Fire To The Rain didn’t happen). Jordan had ocasional (minor) pitch issues.

Edited by Daillon

• 8 months later...
  1. Ricky Duran
  2. Sawyer Fredricks
  3. Cam Anthony
  4. Jake Worthington
  5. Corey Kent White

HM: 

Carter Rubin

Thunderstorm Artis

Micah Iverson

Terry McDermott