Top 5 favorite male contestants

Hamza Tufail

21 hours ago, Spurrious said:

My favorite males are the ones like this season's James Tutson who didn't turn a chair.  Hopefully, leaving room for more females. 

Otherwise, Matt McAndrew and Adam Wakefield were ok I guess.  🤣

I honestly hate it when I go team sausage, but sometimes there is a male contestant that I just can’t help myself with. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

I honestly hate it when I go team sausage, but sometimes there is a male contestant that I just can’t help myself with. 😂

To be clear...you're not just talking about Josiah Hawley, right?  😬

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

To be clear...you're not just talking about Josiah Hawley, right?  😬

that was a completely different thing 🤣

I just mean I appreciate and like contestants like a male contestant on occasion. (Like this season..Cam is a fantastic vocalist, and it’s a shame we only get like..7 performances from him..)

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 10:44 AM, Someone648 said:

1. Noah Mac

2. Will Breman

3. WILKES

4. Laith Al-Saadi

5. Ricky Duran

With longer runs they could've been here: WILKES, Reid Umstattd, Taylor Phelan, Troy Ritchie

Other HM: Matthew Schuler, Davon Fleming, Todd Tilghman

... But WILKES is in your top 5.

Also, I never thought anyone can cut off a contestant who was in their top 2.  🤯🤯🤯

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

... But WILKES is in your top 5.

Also, I never thought anyone can cut off a contestant who was in their top 2.  🤯🤯🤯

There’s a handful of issues that are dealbreakers for me personally where if my top 5 posted anything about them without minimally biased sources to back them up, I’d have to re-evaluate how much I like them. Everyone’s tolerance points of ideology differences from their favorite artists is different (and given that Someone’s ex-top 2 member hasn’t exactly been quiet about their beliefs on certain subjects, I can see why there may be motivation for Someone to disassociate himself from that). 

Knowing now what I do about that artist, he no longer qualifies for a spot in my top 10 despite being #6 on my list post-Season 18.  Such is life, I guess.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

There’s a handful of issues that are dealbreakers for me personally where if my top 5 posted anything about them without minimally biased sources to back them up, I’d have to re-evaluate how much I like them. Everyone’s tolerance points of ideology differences from their favorite artists is different (and given that Someone’s ex-top 2 member hasn’t exactly been quiet about their beliefs on certain subjects, I can see why there may be motivation for Someone to disassociate himself from that). 

Knowing now what I do about that artist, he no longer qualifies for a spot in my top 10 despite being #6 on my list post-Season 18.  Such is life, I guess.

Btw, can anyone tell me what he did?

If no one wants to tell that publicly then plz pm me.

28 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

seconding this. he was my #1 in my list I posted when this topic was made

36 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

5 minutes ago, David68 said:

seconding this. he was my #1 in my list I posted when this topic was made

Check @Someone648’s page 4 post over on the Ryan G. thread.

Back to the topic of this thread: there’s one S20 guy remaining who could bump down a couple of people in my top 5 list. TBD how the finale goes for them, but I don’t think they’ll get bussed at the very least.

I'm usually into #teamwaffle, except season 20 since there are a couple of good male vocalists this season. But if I won't include the S20 male artists, here's pretty much my top 5 favorite male artists:

1. Matthew Schuler - Chris had a stronger run overall than Matt but there's something about Matt's both off-show and on-show performances that really impresses me 

2. Chris Blue 

3. Jordan Smith

4. Jeffrey Austin

5. Sundance Head

I originally had one favorite who's supposed to be in Jordan's place (Jordan's 4th then Jeffrey's 5th) as imo he's one of the most creative artists that the show had (y'all know who I'm talking about) and he had one of my favorite runs on the show buttt after seeing those issues, naah

• Like 3

After my revision...

1. Matt McAndrew

2. Will Champlin

3. Corey Ward

4. Ricky Duran

5. Noah Mac

Keeping this list. 🔖

and HMs (in no particular order)...

Will Breman

Cole Vosbury

Chris Jamison

Thunderstorm Artis

Cam Anthony

Josh Kaufman

WILKES

Michael Lee

Jordan Smith

After some changes:

• Matt McAndrew
  • Will Champlin
  • Corey Ward
  • Noah Mac
  • Will Breman 

Honorable Mentions:

• Cole Vosbury
  • Cam Anthony
  • Jordan Smith
  • WILKES
  • Bryan Bautista

• Thunderstorm Artis

• Micah Iverson

• Chris Jamison

Edited by Angeles

7 minutes ago, David68 said:

After my revision...

1. Matt McAndrew

2. Will Champlin

3. Corey Ward

4. Ricky Duran

5. Noah Mac

Keeping this list. 🔖

and HMs (in no particular order)...

Will Breman

Cole Vosbury

Chris Jamison

Thunderstorm Artis

Cam Anthony

Josh Kaufman

WILKES

Michael Lee

Jordan Smith

Interesting that Chris Blue went from 4th to nowhere. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2021 at 4:48 PM, QueenCami said:

- Cam Anthony (favorite performance: T17)

- Chris Blue (favorite performance: KO)

- LB Crew (favorite performance: BA - this was stunning)

- Davon Fleming (favorite performance: PO)

- Patrique Fortson (favorite performance: KO)

HM: Funsho, Terrence Cunningham, Justin Kilgore, Rod Stokes, Eli Zamora, Corey Ward

Just realized that my list is literally all R&B guys (though Cam maybe you could argue is pop-R&B) lmao, I guess that explains why I thought s15 had such a talented cast!

Updated:

1a. Jordan Smith

1b. Cam Anthony

3. Matt McAndrew

4. Thunderstorm Artis

5. Adam Wakefield

HM: Javier, Mathew Shuler, Josh Kaufman, CWB, Chris Jamison, Chris Blue, Kirk Jay, Andrew Sevener, Jake Haldenvang, Jim Ranger, Ryan Gallagher, Corey Ward, and Kenzie wheeler.

Edited by Jordan Smith Fan

Out of every season I've watched

1. Hunter Plake (Fave, everything except his Blind and With or Without You).  Love this guys performances and his clean af falsetto.  Mans got robbed of a finale spot big time.

2. Noah Mac (Fave, River) He was my favorite from his season (though I loved the top 2) and had the 3rd best run that season behind the titans themselves Chloe/Addison.  Wish he made the finale.

3. Sundance Head (Fave, No One) One of my favorite winners in general, he was head and shoulders above his competition and showed way more power and versatility than I've seen from most country artists on this show.  

4. Corey Ward (Fave, Already Gone) He had my favorite performance of the season, Already Gone, that I consider to be the one of the best KOs of all time.  He also is one of the only contestants who had IS performances I really enjoyed.

5. Cam Anthony (Fave, It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday) I was tempted to put Chris Blue here but Cam was just way more consistent overall and It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday is one of the best live performances I've seen someone give.  I may like Corey more than him but he easily had the most consistent overall run this season with the only performance I didn't like from him being a battle round with another person.

HMs: Chris Blue, Terry McDermott, Laith-Al-Sadi, Will Champlin

Edited by Anonnymoose