The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

S13 Chris Weaver was a Drag

yup, totally right about that, I forgot about him

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

S13's Chris Weaver is a drag queen. Angel Bonilla (who got double montaged in S14) is a trans woman, and I believe Dane of Dane & Stephanie in S17 is a trans man. So far, no trans/nb contestants have made it past the battle rounds.

yeah, I think though that it is a point that they didn't get far :(

1 hour ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Hmm, if she pulls a Clarissa Spata I'm not gonna be mad at all. 

Clarissa was an icon, and deserved to be taken over Jesse imo

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Yes I hope they go far!

Clarissa was robbed!

Clarissa was totally robbed, but Delta's team was stacked. If it were a straight vote, semifinals coulda had 4 of her 5 contestants :(

53 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Clarissa was an icon, and deserved to be taken over Jesse imo

Clarissa was totally robbed, but Delta's team was stacked. If it were a straight vote, semifinals coulda had 4 of her 5 contestants :(

Jesse > Clarissa > Stellar all the way tbh.

Stellar peaked at blinds.

Clarissa and Jesse kept topping themselves.

• Like 2

Just now, Someone648 said:

Jesse > Clarissa > Stellar all the way tbh.

Stellar peaked at blinds.

Clarissa and Jesse kept topping themselves.

Jesse wasn't in my wheelhouse but I'm glad we can agree that Clarissa deserved semifinals

I actually enjoyed some of Stellar's later performances

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

mulan-spilling-tea-gif.gif

Ok, now we're talking 😂.

Interesting, an indie girl with a musical theater background. I don't think she'll make it far, but nice to know her voice. Playoffs at best, it depends on what kind of music she's going to do on the show. 

Edited by echoap

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

mulan-spilling-tea-gif.gif

0-2 chairs is my first impression from the first 30 seconds of the live performance; her voice is very shaky

her voice sounds less shaky in the recorded *cough cough edited cough cough* version 

Edited by ashwinner

Artist #6 (if they do opera in the blinds) would not get a chair turn from me simply because I would have zero idea how to help - their voice sounds great, so I hope they make it to the lives, but I don't think they'll turn any chairs beyond Kelly's if they do manage to get a chair turn. That said, I don't see them being montaged off the bat either given neither opera singer that's auditioned got a blind audition montage (and both got chair turns, so there's hope for this artist yet). 

Artist #7 is an interesting combination of indie and theatricality - not just based on their live song choice, either. They probably won't get more than two chairs, but this feels very Gwen right off the bat given the indie vibes + theatrical moments. I don't see them making it to voting rounds but I've been wrong about that before (for example, Darby in S11).

So far, here's most to least likely chair turns on my end:

• Artist #3
  • Artist #7
  • Artist #5
  • Artist #4
  • Artist #1
  • Artist #2
  • Artist #6

If anyone is free today or tomorrow they are still looking for people to be in the audience. You have to be over 18 and have an drivers's license or passport issued in the U.S. to watch. The second taping today is supposed to end at 6:30 p.m. PT. I know they've been  pushing back start times for other tapings so don't count on things starting or ending on time especially since it's the second taping.

https://twitter.com/1iota/status/1291420742630772737?s=20

Tickets here:

https://1iota.com/show/1120/the-voice---s19

2 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

If anyone is free today or tomorrow they are still looking for people to be in the audience. You have to be over 18 and have an drivers's license or passport issued in the U.S. to watch. The second taping today is supposed to end at 6:30 p.m. PT. I know they've been  pushing back start times for other tapings so don't count on things starting or ending on time especially since it's the second taping.

https://twitter.com/1iota/status/1291420742630772737?s=20

Tickets here:

https://1iota.com/show/1120/the-voice---s19

I see that 1iota and The Voice socials all pushed for people to request tickets. Are the tickets not filling up enough or they just want as many as they can get?

Just now, thevoicefan12 said:

I see that 1iota and The Voice socials all pushed for people to request tickets. Are the tickets not filling up enough or they just want as many as they can get?

I think they are falling short on people I just made a request on Tuesday for today and got priority, that doesn't normally happen with last minute requests. For some reason they put a cap of 3 requests at a time on Monday so if people already put in requests for earlier in the week they couldn't request later dates unless they either deleted those requests or their earlier requests were no longer active. 

3 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

I think they are falling short on people I just made a request on Tuesday for today and got priority, that doesn't normally happen with last minute requests. For some reason they put a cap of 3 requests at a time on Monday so if people already put in requests for earlier in the week they couldn't request later dates unless they either deleted those requests or their earlier requests were no longer active. 

Ok. I wonder why they wouldn't just allow people under 18 as well, 16 or 17 maybe, they may would have had enough requests to suffice the necessary seating for each taping.

1 minute ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Ok. I wonder why they wouldn't just allow people under 18 as well, 16 or 17 maybe, they may would have had enough requests to suffice the necessary seating for each taping.

Exactlyy!! And accept international people.

4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Exactlyy!! And accept international people.

That too. I thought since it was digital they would be more understanding with people being a bit younger than 18 and people not living currently in America, I hope they start allowing that soon.

Edited by thevoicefan12
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ashwinner said:

it sounds distinctly like a woman singing to me? who knows, could be someone nonbinary or trans? Although now that I think of it, idr ever hearing any nonbinary/trans people on the voice usa (or even drag queens)

To me it sounded like a Jordan Smith type voice 

1 hour ago, thevoicefan12 said:

The 18 limit is most likely a legal restriction, the U.S. only thing might be as well. All pre-tapes are 18 and over because of the confidentiality agreements and such you have to agree to in order to watch. They might let 16 and 17 year olds in for lives, they are allowed for the in person audiences for lives.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

The 18 limit is most likely a legal restriction, the U.S. only thing might be as well. All pre-tapes are 18 and over because of the confidentiality agreements and such you have to agree to in order to watch. They might let 16 and 17 year olds in for lives, they are allowed for the in person audiences for lives.

Exactly. I believe that for those under 18, a release would need to be signed by a parent/guardian in general to show their face on TV. And since obviously it's going to be a giant wall of faces - even if you can't even find your face on the wall - they're not gonna waste time by having parents sign a release form or risk getting in trouble later on if they find out someone was lying about their age.

From my understanding, they're only letting one person on camera at a time in general (correct me if I'm wrong, sources), so it's not like they could hypothetically have the parents sitting next to the minor while they watch.

Edited by Someone648