The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

One other thing, if you requested a ticket, but are not a U.S. resident with a government issued ID to verify that  you are (driver's license, passport, or gov't issued ID) and that you are 18 please don't request tickets or delete your tickets if you already requested. It seems like some of those fell through the cracks and got confirmed tickets, but  they were denied at the check-in stage because of their ID. When people that don't meet the criteria put requests in it just gums up the system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Do episodes air based off the order they are taped?

No. That is why they wear the same thing every taping for editing purposes. If they are 5 Four Chairs back to back or the whole taping and John gets no artist, they can't air that because it would be off episode wise.

Just now, thevoicefan12 said:

No. That is why they wear the same thing every taping for editing purposes. If they are 5 Four Chairs back to back or the whole taping and John gets no artist, they can't air that because it would be off episode wise.

Ohhhhh I see

1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

I don't see why exactly this element of suspense is necessary lmao, like this is a spoilers thread, clearly people don't come here for suspense

It's just like a sneak peak of the actual spoilers, if you don't like it, just come back next week for the actual spoilers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seak05 said:

No, you can use an international ID (plenty of people from elsewhere live in the US & this is also true for the in person audiences), but your location has to be set to the United States.  

Looking at the email I interpreted the ID portion incorrectly, the ID is used to verify age. For in person audiences they don't care if you live in U.S. or not you can be in the audience if you are just here on vacation.

Here's what the email said about the restrictions:

The Voice Remote Audience is open only to individuals who are U.S. residents of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and 18 years of age or older at the time of taping. A valid government-issued ID (e.g., driver license or passport) must be shown to verify age.

I'm curious if you know someone with the scenario you described getting in to the virtual audience because the way they are doing the verification they are are just looking at pictures of the IDs. I guess they could check their profiles for their zip code or check their IP address to verify their location if they do have a foreign ID to see if they actually are located in the U.S. 

1 hour ago, Archanium said:

It's just like a sneak peak of the actual spoilers, if you don't like it, just come back next week for the actual spoilers. 

Yeah actually I appreciate this bc even if you're still not finished you still manage to give us some hints about the spoilers. Cmon guys these guys are really working hard to get the spoilers, just appreciate it for now 😂

• Like 1

Guys, I'm Brazilian and I got the tickets for yesterday's taping and for one of the tapings that are going to happen today. They stopped me in the check-in and I had a red card because of identity, of course I don't have a passport or an American drivers license. I just hope I can watch the show today, it's my ultimate dream!

Edited by MulherPepita
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Any idea if they're planning the 4-way knockout again?

They most likely will. With the show apparently starting on October 19th, and most likely ending around Mid-December and Mondays and Tuesdays, and with 10 spots the 4-way Knockout may return or just the Season 18 format with general.

8 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

They most likely will. With the show apparently starting on October 19th, and most likely ending around Mid-December and Mondays and Tuesdays, and with 10 spots the 4-way Knockout may return or just the Season 18 format with general.

Yup. I must say tho I prefer a shortened studio season than a shortened virtual season.

Confirming based on what the sources have told me:

-10 per team

-premiere is October 19th.

-1 steal

-And apparently the block is still there, but we been knew.

So yes, this is all correct.

For what it's worth, if The Voice can take just one extra hour timeslot from the week, then it's possible to pull this off.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-10 per team

-1 steal

For what it's worth, if The Voice can take just one extra hour timeslot from the week, then it's possible to pull this off.

Do you mean 1 steal in Battles and Knockouts or just Knockouts?

13 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Do you mean 1 steal in Battles and Knockouts or just Knockouts?

Not sure, I'd have to ask the sources. But I feel like it would just mean battles? The knockouts format might be a change due to the late start on the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Not sure, I'd have to ask the sources. But I feel like it would just mean battles? The knockouts format might be a change due to the late start on the season.

A possibility of what they can do is have the 1 steal in Battles, skip Knockouts and jump straight to the Live Playoffs with 24 artists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thevoicefan12 said:

A possibility of what they can do is have the 1 steal in Battles, skip Knockouts and jump straight to the Live Playoffs with 24 artists.

I could see that happening, I feel like battles are less likely to get skipped since they've been there since the beginning while KOs were added at a later date.

Doing the math, an October 19 start date with an ending date for the season before Christmas and getting two episodes per week gets 18-20 episodes (depending if the finale is the 15th or 22nd of December), and blinds taking up five of that, battles three, and knockouts two means at least half of the show would be "pre-taped" so it'd be doable but would shorten it beyond normal for a fall season. 

I know we're not working under "normal" circumstances but even a KO round taking them from 24 -> 12 (or 16 if there happens to be a steal in both the battles and KOs) would get rid of the playoffs bloodbath, and the show loves the big dramatic artist cuts (see: Season 9 going from 9 -> 4 at the semifinals for the first time, Season 16 going from 24 -> 13 -> 8 -> 4, this past season going 17 -> 9 -> 5).

• Like 1

I think the sensible thing would be to skip the battles or KOs entirely. It’ll be 3 weeks of blinds, and 2 weeks of whatever they do after (be it battles or KOs) with 5 weeks of lives since this’ll be a top 24. Then they could go 24->12->10->8->4.

But since the producers LOVE having a bad format, realistically the format will probably be a repeat of S18. The lives will start at a top 12 (or 13, wouldn’t surprise me) and go 12/13-8-4 for 3 weeks of auditions and lives, and 2 weeks of battles and KOs. The latter wouldn’t have a steal.

Thanks COVID.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

-10 per team

-1 steal

The show that took the Voice’s Tuesday slot was Ellen DeGeneres’ Game of Games and Ellen is currently having some problems. 

• Like 3