The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

They're gonna push hard for Gwen, then John's probably the second hardest pushed (given he's won once to Kelly's three) and Blake will get minimal TPTB help since he just won.

Every season IDF claims Gwen is going to get the big push, but she never does.  There could be an argument that Rose got placed well, but Rose was extremely talented and in my eyes deserved her spots.

I can't imagine Gwen getting a push this year, either, because she is not coming back, nor does she have any connections to NBC like Kelly does or Blake with his connections to Ole Red..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, antikid said:

They would probably want Gwen to win but I can see them not pushing for any coach because they gave Rose a great edit in S17 and she still needed the save so maybe they'll just let it be

There are a few different cards they can play. Setting her up with a ringer is one they haven’t used with her yet. The Christina Aguilera strategy. Although, that also required extensive pimping. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There are a few different cards they can play. Setting her up with a ringer is one they haven’t used with her yet. The Christina Aguilera strategy. Although, that also required extensive pimping. 

She'd have to get an artist with Sawyer/Jordan/Maelyn of "yeah they're gonna win" from the blinds on if they don't want to extensively pimp, but they'll still have to pimp for Gwen as she's more divisive than Kelly and Blake in the casual fan's mind (but not as much as John because she's less strongly political and because she does have ties to Blake). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

She'd have to get an artist with Sawyer/Jordan/Maelyn of "yeah they're gonna win" from the blinds on if they don't want to extensively pimp, but they'll still have to pimp for Gwen as she's more divisive than Kelly and Blake in the casual fan's mind (but not as much as John because she's less strongly political and because she does have ties to Blake). 

I just don’t think pimping is very effective anymore. In fact, it can backfire. The audience is too seasoned. 

Edited by TeamAudra

11 minutes ago, echoap said:

Who's gonna win this season? I see this order right now:

Kelly > Blake >>>>> John >>> Gwen

So yeah, I'd say forget about Gwen winning the season. 

If Blake hadn't won three in a row I'd switch him and John but tbh this looks accurate (I'd love a Gwen win to shake things up but I don't see it happening).

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I just don’t think pimping is very effective anymore. In fact, it can backfire. The audience is too seasoned. 

Fair point, doesn't mean the show runners won't try.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If Blake hadn't won three in a row I'd switch him and John but tbh this looks accurate (I'd love a Gwen win to shake things up but I don't see it happening).

Fair point, doesn't mean the show runners won't try.

Bussing still works, though. The problem with that is if they bus a contestant who’s actually a threat to win, it will hurt their ratings, so they don’t do it. Bussing a low to middling contestant who may be splitting votes with TCO could be a viable strategy. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Bussing still works, though. The problem with that is if they bus a contestant who’s actually a threat to win, it will hurt their ratings, so they don’t do it. Bussing a low to middling contestant who may be splitting votes with TCO could be a viable strategy. 

That threat would have to come on teams Kelly or John, though - Blake's voting block can still overcome the bussing to an extent (ie, Kat Hammock never sang later than the end of the first hour in the lives and still made the instant save of the semifinals in season 17, and Holly Tucker in season 4 made it all the way to the top 6 despite never going later than second up until the contestants had to do two songs in a week). 

15 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

That threat would have to come on teams Kelly or John, though - Blake's voting block can still overcome the bussing to an extent (ie, Kat Hammock never sang later than the end of the first hour in the lives and still made the instant save of the semifinals in season 17, and Holly Tucker in season 4 made it all the way to the top 6 despite never going later than second up until the contestants had to do two songs in a week). 

I didn’t watch the season, but I assume they bussed Holly to clear a path for Danielle. It took some time, but it worked. 

Kat is a totally different story. I wanted to like her performances, but after a several weeks of the same, it was clear that it wasn’t going to happen. She just doesn’t have the vocal ability to compete at that level. I knew it, TPTB knew it, even Blake knew it. 

Edited by TeamAudra

53 minutes ago, echoap said:

Who's gonna win this season? I see this order right now:

Kelly > Blake >>>>> John >>> Gwen

So yeah, I'd say forget about Gwen winning the season. 

Lol Blake isn’t winning with this team he has this season.

Y'all are assuming we can even vote this season. With COVID and the reduced season length, I still think we'll end up with a season like the recent season of TV Australia (voting only opened on finale, coach chooses finale lineup). Just my hot take.

Also.....

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

Just now, mjdolorico said:

Y'all are assuming we can even vote this season. With COVID and the reduced season length, I still think we'll end up with a season like the recent season of TV Australia (voting only opened on finale). Just my hot take.

That's a spicy take, but voting's been part of the name of the game since the get-go so I feel like it's a safe assumption to make (though I could be wrong). 

12 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol Blake isn’t winning with this team he has this season.

IDF Says that every season 😂

I don't know the teams but I do not disagree, that's why Kelly has priority on my list at the moment, since she just took a season off lol. 

Edited by echoap
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Y'all are assuming we can even vote this season. With COVID and the reduced season length, I still think we'll end up with a season like the recent season of TV Australia (voting only opened on finale, coach chooses finale lineup). Just my hot take.

Also.....

She probably turned Kelly and Gwen

1 minute ago, moonlighty said:

Does anyone else wants actual spoilers and not just the name list? I may be wrong but there seems to have a division between those who wants spoilers and those who just want the names, how is it gonna be?

I think the entire thing being released this Weeknd would be the list and spoilers 

Just now, moonlighty said:

Does anyone else wants actual spoilers and not just the name list? I may be wrong but there seems to have a division between those who wants spoilers and those who just want the names, how is it gonna be?

Interesting question. Considering how long we'll have to wait till the actual season starts, I'm inclined to just vote for releasing names and holding off spoilers, but I'll let @Someone648 decide.