Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

26 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

This Nashville show scheduled for tomorrow is like a trip down Voice memory lane. I recognized names here from the first 4 seasons of the show. I guess artists are just really itching to get back to gigging live again.

5d4TmD2.jpg

Not Josh Gallagher having a song called "I Drink Beer" :dead:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

This Nashville show scheduled for tomorrow is like a trip down Voice memory lane. I recognized names here from the first 4 seasons of the show. I guess artists are just really itching to get back to gigging live again.

5d4TmD2.jpg

That is QUITE the lineup!

Everyone but Casey James is from TV, right? (Kayley Bishop = Kayley Green, Loring Starr = Samantha Howell)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

That is QUITE the lineup!

Everyone but Casey James is from TV, right? (Kayley Bishop = Kayley Green, Loring Starr = Samantha Howell)

Maybe they tried out and didn't make it? Seems weird to have only one person not be from the voice. 

20 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Maybe they tried out and didn't make it? Seems weird to have only one person not be from the voice. 

CWB, Adam W., and Casey are now part of a trio in country music (last I read) but I forget the group’s name - that’d explain why Casey’s there (he was on AI about a decade ago, I know he was on a season I watched but I forget which season off the top of my head).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

CWB, Adam W., and Casey are now part of a trio in country music (last I read) but I forget the group’s name - that’d explain why Casey’s there (he was on AI about a decade ago, I know he was on a season I watched but I forget which season off the top of my head).

ahh okay that makes sense then. 

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

5d4TmD2.jpg

Zach :wub:

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

CWB, Adam W., and Casey are now part of a trio in courynt music (last I read) but I forget the group’s name - that’d explain why Casey’s there (he was on AI about a decade ago, I know he was on a season I watched but I forget which season off the top of my head).

The group is called Texas Hill.

https://www.texashillofficial.com/

The latest song is called "Neon Heart"

Edited by season1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of past seasons, this popped up in my YouTube recs today - as overdone as the song is, I'd never heard it done by someone as much of a bass/baritone as Lev is, and the video speaks for itself:

Tennessee Whiskey - Mendeleyev (Chris Stapleton Cover)

I may or may not have teared up at this but then again I'm a weenie that cries at a lot of things so

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I knew it had "Texas" in the name but I didn't remember the exact name 😅

I remember the name because I was just updating the Spotify stats and I always note the group beside CWB name (the group has higher numbers).

Oh and Casey James is my favorite in AI Season 9. Lee somebody (forgot the name) won, Crystal Bowersox is runner-up and Casey finished 3rd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Speaking of past seasons, this popped up in my YouTube recs today - as overdone as the song is, I'd never heard it done by someone as much of a bass/baritone as Lev is, and the video speaks for itself:

Tennessee Whiskey - Mendeleyev (Chris Stapleton Cover)

I may or may not have teared up at this but then again I'm a weenie that cries at a lot of things so

Can`t stress how badly this guy was robbed on the show. Fantastic singer and helluva guitarrist too. Although at the end of the day, TPTB would have probably stuck him with horrible song choices and not let him do his thing.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:10 PM, VintageVoice said:

Chris was the opening audition for S13 (look up his version of "Try a Little Tenderness") and came back for the finale in full drag. 

Either way, let's see if any other Voice alumni show up for this season of AGT.

I've never been able to find this performance. Do you happen to have a link to his drag performance?

There are a couple voice alum charting on the hard rock charts right now. 

Moriah Formica’s band Plush is at #29 with “Hate.”

It seems to have dropped out now but Juliet Simms’ project, Lilith Czar charted with “Anarchy”

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Voice UK alum Jamie Miller’s (Team JHud) new single “Here’s Your Perfect” is #6 on Spotify’s Viral Global 50 playlist. He’s now located in the US and signed to Atlantic Records.

Brynn Cartelli's "If I Could" was added to that playist today at #49. 

• Like 4