The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u7mbJy1JMGZ58qPwO7YoRcTbAp12B5DW3e71KNL3m8U/edit

according to these statistics, Allegra is very close to beating thunderstorm!!!

......wait what???

This is all feeling a little bit suspect right now. How can a Voice blog extract data from three different voting systems and summarize them this quickly? 

Not buying it.

Just now, mjdolorico said:

......wait what???

This is all feeling a little bit suspect right now. How can a Voice blog extract data from three different voting systems and summarize them this quickly? 

Not buying it.

they wouldn't be gathering data from three different voting systems cause nbc will have all the data collected in one place, with votes tabulated

1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

......wait what???

Not buying it.

tbh though ill go with it lmao cause it gives me hope!!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, ashwinner said:

At this point maybe only 1000 more votes will come in, usually everyone is done with voting at the end. If this is true, Allegra isn't getting that PV.

they wouldn't be gathering data from three different voting systems cause nbc will have all the data collected in one place, with votes tabulated

Still, assuming that they hacked those totals, the fact that they put this out in public when they are fully aware that they can be caught doing it..... It's just a whole new level of bizarre to me.

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

At this point maybe only 1000 more votes will come in, usually everyone is done with voting at the end. If this is true, Allegra isn't getting that PV.

I mean, i just remembered the voice and watched the performances. I'm voting for Allegra cause I'm not stanning anyone and I  liked her performance a lot today. But yeah, that and google docs proves nothing. Vote for your favs if you want them in to be sure.

Just now, mjdolorico said:

Still, assuming that they hacked those totals, the fact that they put this out in public when they are fully aware that they can be caught doing it..... It's just a whole new level of bizarre to me.

you're right; also 5-6 million votes seems kinda low to me? i cant believe that last season I was looking at people freaking out over their favorites, and now I am the super overzealous fan who is obsessing over this LOL. I should be studying for my ap test Wednesday but here I am being more stressed about the voice

• Haha 2

you're right; also 5-6 million votes seems kinda low to me? i cant believe that last season I was looking at people freaking out over their favorites, and now I am the super overzealous fan who is obsessing over this LOL. I should be studying for my ap test Wednesday but here I am being more stressed about the voice

Oh, been there for sure..... 🤭🤭🤭

Also, keep in mind that voting isn't exclusive to one artist, so there are overlaps to the data in the document, so the number of votes there should be smaller than the sum of the totals per contestant.

Just now, MatthewPalermo said:

The margin between Allegra and Thunderstorm alone makes the "vote tallies" sound fake to me. There's no way she's ahead of Toneisha,

With the voice demographics and the overdone song choice that never helps anyone she got, sadly, toneisha might be one of the lowest vote getters.

doesn't this just spoil the season's winner? i mean we all knew Tstorm and Todd were T2 but if these numbers are real, then there isn't really much suspense as to whether which one of them wins.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

doesn't this just spoil the season's winner? i mean we all knew Tstorm and Todd were T2 but if these numbers are real, then there isn't really much suspense as to whether which one of them wins.

If it were actually that close, there would plenty of suspense. Only 26,000 votes separate #1 and #5

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

nope! sorry for introducing this, cause now I realize that this is completely incorrect; the total votes are way too low, and the margins between certain people is super small. furthermore, the people posting this could get In huge trouble with NBC, so people wouldn't sensibly do this in the first place.

18 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Oh, been there for sure..... 🤭🤭🤭

Also, keep in mind that voting isn't exclusive to one artist, so there are overlaps to the data in the document, so the number of votes there should be smaller than the sum of the totals per contestant.

21 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

And now, I'm the one watching people obsess about their favs. lol

On 5/9/2020 at 10:09 AM, VintageVoice said:

You say this like they wouldn't find a way to make that entertaining - I might actually go start a thread asking which former contestants people would want to see as coaches, now that you've inspired me.

All of those choices would be a perfect fit based on Artistry and professionalism ... someone start a thread for that ASAP 

56 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Did they just add this? Because it wasn’t there when I looked at it earlier. I call BS. Idol was claiming something like 37 million votes a couple weeks ago, with fewer viewers. Someone is trolling. 

q73cU9P.png

5.8 mil total votes? Assuming people only vote with one email and one method (app or web) and one contestant each, that's 580k voters, which is about 6.5% of 9 mil viewers.

If we assume that each voter votes for 2 contestants on average, then the 5.8 mil votes came from about 290k voters, or 3.25% of 9 mil viewers. That seems really low in terms of number of voters.

If those are the real numbers, a few power voters voting for all the girls can flip the positions on some teams. Toneisha is less than 8k votes behind Todd, and 26k votes separate Thunderstorm and Allegra.

Edited by season1

2 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

I think Megan will beat Micah.

If  social media followings are a reliable indicator and with contestants in their teens and twenties like they are I think they are, Micah's fanbase seems way bigger than Megan's, he's got 33,500 followers and she has 13,000. They both went live tonight and he had 550 viewers by himself and he gained 200 more when Allegra joined him. Megan had around 200 with Michael Williams on with her. I'd be surprised if Megan beat Micah the gap seems too big. 

1 hour ago, Dany said:

I'm watching Allegra IG live (saved from earlier) she said that last Tuesday just after the top 9 results show they announced to the contestants that they going to record the semi final performance the very next day Wednesday 😲. And Allegra was first to records and she didn't feel ready at the time. 

I remember Cedrice said she worked with Kelly on two songs. I assumed that her save song was the second song, but I guess that didn't make sense since the contestants usually don't work  on their save songs with their coaches. Most likely the contestants  were coached on both the Top 17 song and the Semifinals songs before the Top 17 shows even aired. During the Team Kelly rehearsal videos Kelly asked Megan and Micah where they were like she had never seen the rooms they were in even though they were in the same rooms that they performed in last week. Recording the day after the results does seem fast, hopefully the contestants were at least told the quick turnaround was at least a possibility.

5 hours ago, ashwinner said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u7mbJy1JMGZ58qPwO7YoRcTbAp12B5DW3e71KNL3m8U/edit

according to these statistics, Allegra is very close to beating thunderstorm!!!

LMAO. Not to be a hater, but there's no way Allegra has more votes than Toneisha after THAT performance and song choice. I do love Allegra though, and I think she have a BIG chance to win the instant save later.

CammWess had to play catch up to the others. They posted his video on YouTube late and they botched his name (putting Toneisha’s instead) on his Twitter video. 

I still think he got the most votes for Team Legend. 

13 minutes ago, StormZone said:

CammWess had to play catch up to the others. They posted his video on YouTube late and they botched his name (putting Toneisha’s instead) on his Twitter video. 

I still think he got the most votes for Team Legend. 

His video is the only one that is georestricted in my country.