The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

46 minutes ago, OSMC said:

Allegra’s doing a Whitney Houston song?? That’s like giving Charlie Puth a Megan Thee Stallion song :dead:

I'm guessing they're doing the Sam Smith version.

In the bit we saw of their performance in their video, they're standing still. Don't think many people stand still to the original version of the song. 

24 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Is the order of the battles in this video the same order they're gonna be aired? That would mean Allegra vs Michael resulted in a save.

It's possible, but I don't remember if last season they were in the same order as aired.

But also that would mean Zach likely goes home 😢

Edited by Someone648

11 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

It's possible, but I don't remember if last season they were in the same order as aired.

But also that would mean Zach likely goes home 😢

But we don't know John's save yet, right? It may be Zach. We'll see soon.

Edited by mjdolorico

1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

But we don't John's save yet, right? It may be Zach. We'll see soon.

Yeah, but given that we know two save/steals from the episode already (TMH and Joanna), we'll likely only have a third one. For all we know, it could've been Anaya/Chelle as well and we lose both Michael and Mike/Zach.

The idea of Michael getting a second shot and Zach not getting one though: 🤢

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah, but given that we know two save/steals from the episode already (TMH and Joanna), we'll likely only have a third one. For all we know, it could've been Anaya/Chelle as well and we lose both Michael and Mike/Zach.

The idea of Michael getting a second shot and Zach not getting one though: 🤢

oh oof I forgot about TMH. Yeah that's rough. :(

Edited by mjdolorico

On 2/22/2020 at 10:57 PM, rhapsody99 said:

This is the first article I've seen that fully explains the rule changes this season regarding saves and steals during the Battle Rounds:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-Coming-Up-on-a-New-Episode-of-THE-VOICE-on-NBC-Monday-March-2-2020-20200218

With this change there will no longer be situations where a contestant will ever have a choice between staying with their current coach or allowing themselves to be stolen by another coach since a coach can't save unless the contestant hasn't been stolen by another coach. There could of course still be fights between two or three coaches that want to steal the same person. Since the contestants that are saved are going to be be put in the 4 way Knockout, a contestant's chances of remaining in the competition are better if they are stolen since the steals will be doing a regular Knockout pairing. I imagine that's why they gave the steal the higher precedence with these new rules.

I'm reposting this again since it's relevant to the shows that are about to air.

Here's the part of the article explaining the rule change:

After each vocal battle, the coach must choose which of his/her singers will advance to the next round of competition. The losing artist is available to be stolen by another coach or available to be saved by their own coach, but unlike any other season, the team coach can only hit their button to save an artist after it's clear no other coach is going to steal the artist. If no other coach has attempted to steal the artist by the time he/she gets down the stage steps, the artists' coach can push to save them. Each coach will have one save and one steal in the Battle Rounds. Artists who won their battle or were stolen by another coach will advance to the Knockout Rounds.

In a new twist for the show, the four artists that were saved by their individual coaches during the Battle Rounds will not automatically advance in the competition. Instead, those artists will compete in the first Four-Way Knockout. Each of the four artists will receive individualized coaching and rehearsals with their coach and a superstar Mega Mentor in preparation for the Four-Way Knockout. However, the winner will ultimately be chosen by America. At the top of the final episode of Knockouts, voting will open for America to choose which of the four artists moves forward in the competition after their performances. At the top of the first Live Show, Carson will reveal which of the four artists was voted through by America, and that artist will continue to the Live Shows with their original team.

Edited by rhapsody99

If Nick wanted to use a Billie Eilish song for Roderick and Joanna's battle, he should have used Lovely instead. The Voice Australia and The Voice Croatia used that song for their respective battles to great effect, both videos are the highest viewed videos of their respective seasons. 

Edited by mjdolorico

9 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

So For Monday’s Battles... We Already Know That 2 Saves/Steals Happen Of Todd V Joei And Roderick V Joanna. I’m Guessing That Either Chelle V Anaya Happens In A Steal/Save Or Allegra V Micheal. I Think Chelle V Anaya Is More Likely To Happen In A Steal/Save Moment. 

I think it's going to be Allegra/Michael. It's between Michael or Anders for the save, and I really don't see Anders getting a save. Also, Michael/Allegra might be the last battle of the night, meaning it'd have to be a steal or save.

11 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Oof imagine being outsung by your student.

This was the last thing I read before turning off my phone and falling asleep last night, but I woke up sick and had to call out of work so I'm gonna just assume there's some correlation there and thank you for the laugh and getting me out of work for the day.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, echoap said:

LOL, so who's gonna sing country this season? Joei is gonna have a free path to the Finale, unless Blake turns Joanna into country. We haven't had a countryless Finale since forever. 🤔

You don't see Blake trying to make Todd T or Jon do country? 

2 hours ago, Catsy said:

It's too early to face the truth. Let me fantasize that women are going to be relevant this season. 🙈

Edited by echoap
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Catsy said:

It’s not as simple as flipping a switch, ....”hey, he’s country now!” Country fans can detect a carpetbagger a mile away. Maybe they could pull it off, but there’s definitely risk involved. That applies to Joanna too. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s not as simple as flipping a switch, ....”hey, he’s country now!” Country fans can detect a carpetbagger a mile away. Maybe they could pull it off, but there’s definitely risk involved. That applies to Joanna too. 

Yes it's a risk for both Todd T. and Joanna, but it worked for Cassadee Pope, tho. Still, it depends upon the song choices and the country techniques Blake will give them during the lives.

Todd T is a while male southern pastor, with a country accent. He’s the type that will be immediately accepted by the voice country fans if he wants to go country on the show. Joanna would probably get push back, Todd T won’t 

20 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Todd T is a while male southern pastor, with a country accent. He’s the type that will be immediately accepted by the voice country fans if he wants to go country on the show. Joanna would probably get push back, Todd T won’t 

It depends on the songs too. Todd isn’t  going to be singing George Strait, and Joanna won’t be singing Loretta Lynn. That’s why I think Tennessee Whiskey might work for Joanna. Stapleton’s version isn’t really a country song, tbh. We’ll see how country her version of AFM is. She’s also covered Kacey, Shania, and Rascal Flatts. 

The odds are slim that they’ll be able to finish the season, so it’s probably a moot point. 

Edited by TeamAudra

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It depends on the songs too. Todd isn’t  going to be singing George Strait, and Joanna won’t be singing Loretta Lynn. That’s why I think Tennessee Whiskey might work for Joanna. Stapleton’s version isn’t really a country song, tbh. We’ll see how country her version of AFM is. She’s also covered Kacey, Shania, and Rascal Flatts. 

The odds are slim that they’ll be able to finish the season, so it’s probably a moot point. 

I could see Joanna killing it on Tenn Whiskey, it would be a great choice, and she’s also a Kacey Musgraves fan. I think you’re right though that she’d have to worry about carpetbagger syndrome if she came out & said she was a country artist. If Todd T comes out tomorrow & says he’s a country artist, I think that’s already what most people think anyway (country/southern rock) & he wouldn’t have to worry about it at all.

Anyways, here’s my hare-brained live show idea. I think it might get pushed to over the summer. With the Olympics likely to be postponed, NBC will have a lot of programing time to fill.