The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

29 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

This Georestriction sucks! It’s still not up in my country.

You can try Youtube Unblocker extension if you're using Chrome.

--------

Toneisha has been leaked twice 😮. That was a decent battle, Toneisha won that for sure.

Overall I feel like it's a decent battle but I'm not sure it's what I'm looking for on a show like this. Toneisha reminds me of Kymberli Joye. I think pop/rnb is a much better fit for her. Her audition song didn't do her any favors imo

1 hour ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

I was excited when I saw this but the battle underwhelmed me. They were feeling the song, but the vocals didn't match the performance. Jacob was definitely out of his element. I feel like Toneisha could have done better too. Maybe Lizzo is just not a good artist to cover on shows like this. I did had fun watching them.

Edited by mjdolorico

2 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

I was excited when I saw this but the battle underwhelmed me. They were feeling the song, but the vocals didn't match the performance. Jacob was definitely out of his element. I feel like Toneisha could have done better too. Maybe Lizzo is just not a good artist to cover on shows like this. I did had fun watching them.

Wow, I felt the exact opposite. This was 100% Jacob’s element, but Toneisha’s superior vocals covered for her fact that she wouldn’t ever choose a song like this in a million years.

58 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Wow, I felt the exact opposite. This was 100% Jacob’s element, but Toneisha’s superior vocals covered for her fact that she wouldn’t ever choose a song like this in a million years.

Gotta agree with this. This song choice leans more Jacob imo, but it's not too far outside of what I think Toneisha would do. And obviously her vocals made the choice really easy, but I was pleased with JDM's vocals here as well. I feel like a steal or save could've been justified for JDM.

I thought it was good. I at least respected the fact that the song choice was something different. They could've came out and sang a tired, overdone song and sounded better but I would rather have something new even if the vocals suffer a little bit. Plus, vocally, I didn't think it was that bad honestly. The song is somewhat hard to keep up with cause she is doing both "rapping" (people debate on whether Lizzo is a rapper) and singing.  Toneisha was better. I didn't really care for Jacob's audition but this was decent. Never really saw him making it far.

Battle pairings for Monday:

Blake: Toneisha Harris vs. Jacob Daniel Murphy

Kelly: Micah Iverson vs. Gigi Hess

John: Mandi Castillo vs. CammWess

Nick: Tate Brusa vs. Anders Drerup

Blake: Cam Spinks vs. Kailey Abel

John: Nelson Cade III vs. Darious Lyles

Looks like we're getting Nelson/Darious as John's save.

Which means final week we're getting:

Tayler Green vs. Jules

Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins

Megan Danielle vs. Samantha Howell

Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco

Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Farris

Zan Fiskum vs. Brittney Allen

Thunderstorm Artis vs. Cedrice

Todd Tilghman vs. Jon Mullins

Edited by Someone648

The show is 

Toneisha Harris vs Jacob Daniel Murphy - Good As Hell by Lizzo - Toneisha wins Jacob is eliminated

Micah Iverson vs GiGi Hess - Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi - Micah Wins and Gigi is eliminated

Mandi Castillo vs CammWess - Senorita by Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes - Mandi Wins and Camm is stolen

Tate Brusa vs Anders Dreup - Circles by Post Malone - Tate Wins and Anders is eliminated

Cam Spinks vs Kailey Abel - What Ifs by Kane Brown and Lauren Alaina - Cam wins and Kailey is eliminated

Darious Lyles vs Nelson Cade III - Come Together by The Beatles - someone wins and probs the other one is saved

Edited by thevoiceisthetop

1 minute ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

The show is 

Toneisha Harris vs Jacob Daniel Murphy - Good As Hell by Lizzo - Toneisha wins Jacob is eliminated

Micah Iverson vs GiGi Hess - Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi - Micah Wins and Gigi is eliminated

Mandi Castillo vs CammWess - Senorita by Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes - Mandi Wins and Camm is stolen

Tate Brusa vs Anders Dreup - Circles by Post Malone - Tate Wins and Anders is saved

Cam Spinks vs Kailey Abel - What Ifs by Kane Brown and Lauren Alaina - Cam wins and Kailey is eliminated

Darious Lyles vs Nelson Cade III - Come Together by The Beatles - someone wins and probs the other one is saved

Seems about right.

But Anders is eliminated since Nick already used his save.

2 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

That means the final episode has 

2 steals

the Jon Mullins vs Todd Tilghman

Thunderstorm vs Cedrice

and a save

Samantha vs Megan unless she uses it on gigi

Gigi was definitely home during knockouts, so Kelly’s save was for Samantha vs. Megan

44 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Which means final week we're getting:

Tayler Green vs. Jules

Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins

Megan Danielle vs. Samantha Howell

Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco

Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Farris

Zan Fiskum vs. Brittney Allen

Thunderstorm Artis vs. Cedrice

Todd Tilghman vs. Jon Mullins

Probably 2 montages? There are 8 battles, and in the previous episodes there were 6... and there are 3 Kelly battles, so I would say Mandi vs Sara will be montaged and Arei/Samuel or Zan/Brittney

Edited by CufaFanvoice26

2 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Probably 2 montages? There are 8 battles, and in the previous episodes there were 6... and there are 3 Kelly battles, so I would say Mandi vs Sara will be montaged and Arei/Samuel, Zan/Brittney

Honestly I can see many of these being montaged 

Arei vs Samuel

Tayler vs Jules

Mandi vs Sara

Zan vs Brittney

Or...What if we are getting montages this week but they just didn’t show them? I remember that happening with Brooke vs Damali last season...where they weren’t shown in the battle pairing preview.