The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

46 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

LMFAO, Joanna easily won that.

Of course all the praise goes to Nick on this show, and why are these coaches treating Roderick like an inexperienced teen just because he's a 1 chair turn while treating Joanna like a ringer for those 4 chairs smh. 😤

I hope at least America gets it right. 

For Monday’s Lineup It Should Be... 

CamWess V Mandi C :Singing Señorita 

GiGi Hess V Micah Iverson: Song TBA

Nelson Cade V Darius Lyles: Song TBA

Toneisha Harris V TBA: Song TBA 

Tate Brusa V Anders Dreup: Song TBA

Todd Micheal Hall V Joei Fulco: Song TBA

Roderick V Joanna: when the party’s over

In Usually 2 Hour Episodes Their Should Be Around 2-3 Saves And Steals Happening. We Already Know Cam And Mandi Have A Steal, So Do Roderick And Joanna. It’s Either Going To Be Darious And Nelson For A Save Or Todd Micheal Hall And Joei For A Save. Usually Battle Premieres Have 3 Steals Or Saves.

I don't like it when she shakes the microphone but Joanna won that for me. It was a fairly even battle but Joanna could sing circles around Roderick if she'd been given a better song.

1 hour ago, echoap said:

LMFAO, Joanna easily won that.

Of course all the praise goes to Nick on this show, and why are these coaches treating Roderick like an inexperienced teen just because he's a 1 chair turn while treating Joanna like a ringer for those 4 chairs smh. 😤

I hope at least America gets it right. 

Right, Joanna gets zero benefit of the doubt for her age (18) going up against a 38 year old, because she looks and sounds much older. She’s younger that Kat Hammock was when she was on the show, and Kat was treated like she was 15.

They were both good, but I don’t know how you pick Roderick, assuming your goal as a coach is to win the show. She would have been Nick’s pimped frontrunner, had he made the smart choice. Roderick will not be. 

Yes...Joanna, stop shaking the mic. She always has a mic stand and guitar, so she’s not used to holding the mic. 

Edited by TeamAudra

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Right, Joanna gets zero benefit of the doubt for her age (18) going up against a 38 year old, because she looks and sounds much older. She’s younger that Kat Hammock was when she was on the show, and Kat was treated like she was 15.

They were both good, but I don’t know how you pick Roderick, assuming your goal as a coach is to win the show. She would have been Nick’s pimped frontrunner, had he made the smart choice. Roderick will not be. 

Yes...Joanna, stop shaking the mic. She always has a mic stand and guitar, so she’s not used to holding the mic. 

I agree with you 200%

Neither one of them comes close to Max Boyle’s version that was just last season, so both are going to move down in buzz.

When someone who was fought over like Joanna gets kicked to the curb and the one who beat her wasn’t surprisingly amazing, I always assume that there were non- performance issues in the decision. Joanna gives off a very aloof vibe. It would not surprise me if she and Nick simply did not get along.

Edited by AngelaKD

22 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Neither one of them comes close to Max Boyle’s version that was just last season, so both are going to move down in buzz.

When someone who was fought over like Joanna gets kicked to the curb and the one who beat her wasn’t surprisingly amazing, I always assume that there were non- performance issues in the decision. Joanna gives off a very aloof vibe. It would not surprise me if she and Nick simply did not get along.

Joanna wouldn't get along with Nick because of his tragic coaching obviously, its good she got away from Nick even if she deserved to win the battle. At least she gets to move on with a better coach and eventually will be apart of Blake's team, which he will probably pick country songs for her. 

Even battle. I give points to Roderick because the song's definitely out of his wheelhouse. While I'd personally pick Joanna, I think Roderick's win is deserved here and I'm glad Joanna was stolen (I wouldn't have blamed the coaches for stealing Roderick if it were the other way around).

34 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Anything is possible, but she seems like the type on social media who gets a long with pretty much everyone. The other contestants seem to like her. In her interviews, she comes off as modest and unassuming. Not everyone was born to be on TV, and since she doesn’t look or act her age, she’s being held to a higher standard than someone like Kat Hammock was. 

16 minutes ago, Sabina said:

Joana won her battle?

Joanna lost the battle, but was stolen by John.

Joanna then loses her knockout on Team John, but gets stolen by Blake.

We don't know the results of Roderick's knockout yet.

I didn’t like that battle. That song is way overdone even though it’s a fairly new song so that’s probably why, but out of all the Billie covers done on this show I’d rank that as one of the worst. Joanna being a 4 chair turn definitely worked against her bc her performance in this battle while it was better than Roderick was not 4 chair good. I can see why Nick picked Roderick.

Edited by Agenator333

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I agree that they were both good, but that's it, just good...there was nothing outstanding in that performance, and Roderick slightly edged her out in the vocal department. However, I completely agree that Joanna would have a better chance at going further, and would definitely have been pimped as Nick's frontrunner if he kept her.

Edited by Ptones2010

59 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

I agree that they were both good, but that's it, just good...there was nothing outstanding in that performance, and Roderick slightly edged her out in the vocal department. However, I completely agree that Joanna would have a better chance at going further, and would definitely have been pimped as Nick's frontrunner if he kept her.

I listened to dozens of Joanna’s covers prior to the season. Most of those are live, unedited videos. My honest assessment is this - she’s enormously talented. She has at least 3 octaves, can sing any style, any genre, with perfect pitch, very good on piano and guitar, etc. If this was a long season, like we used to have, she would have enough time to show her versatility, but obviously, that’s not an option. 

Here’s where I think she could run into problems. She’s currently trying to find herself as an artist. Going back a couple years, you’ll hear flawless performances, of jazz, country, pop, even opera. She seems to have settled (for now, at least) on this soul/jazz/indie style that likely isn’t going to resonate with a large enough portion of the audience to get the votes she needs. So, her fate on the show probably depends on whether she modifies her current style to cater to the audience. Females in her age group don’t tend to do well on the show anyway, so she has to be spot on with everything, including her song choices. I’m not expecting her to go very far. On the other hand, if she had stayed on Nick’s team, she would have been pimped and given great song choices, along with advice to cut out some of the runs. She would have had a legitimate shot to win the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 hours ago, Agenator333 said:

I didn’t like that battle. That song is way overdone even though it’s a fairly new song so that’s probably why, but out of all the Billie covers done on this show I’d rank that as one of the worst. Joanna being a 4 chair turn definitely worked against her bc her performance in this battle while it was better than Roderick was not 4 chair good. I can see why Nick picked Roderick.

I- 

okay you can stand by that opinion.

But I will say that Joanna slayed her song even if was a terrible choice, and she clearly slaughtered Roderick. 

• Like 1

I think battles are the hardest round for a number of reasons but chiefly because you can't really put your stamp on a song (since you're trying to blend with someone else, etc etc). I like Joana on Blake's team because he'll give her the artistic freedom. I think she'll do well if she sticks to the Americana/country stuff she sometimes does, and she wouldn't have done well on anyone's team if she wants to be in the jazz lane. Of course, winning the show might not really be her chief motivation. If I was any of the contestants, I would treat is as an opportunity to grow your brand/fanbase, and so if she wants to be a jazz artist after the show, that's what she should represent on the show.