The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

13 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

You think TStorm is weaker than Todd? I mean I'd say Allegra and Joanna need to throw everything down to get that PV, but at the moment I feel TStorm > Todd in support.

Not at all. Imo:

Tier1: Thunderstorm (Frontrunner) 

Tier2: Todd, Allegra and maybe Toneisha (potential finalists) 

Tier3: Joanna, Micah, Megan, etc. (People with potential to make it far) 

Tier4: Playoffs fodder 👻

Edited by echoap

2 hours ago, echoap said:

Every snowflake has their strengths and I'm rooting for both girls, so I'm not gonna say which one is better. It all comes down to personal taste, which is irrelevant at the end of the day. 

Now, Allegra is the one competing up there with Thunderstorm at the moment so, in terms of competition, I'd put Allegra above Joanna for now. 

^

This.

• Like 1

Not at all. Imo:

Unfortunately, there’s no data to support this, so we can only guess. The only ones with noticeably more support from minivan are Thunderstorm and Todd, and even they are beatable.  

Everyone  is overestimating Toneisha’s support. She is not Kyla. 

Allegra’s mumbling is a problem with a significant portion of the audience. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Not at all. Imo:

At the moment I wouldn't put Allegra that high up. Unless she absolutely blows everyone away on Monday with some monumental growth, she's still gonna be levels behind a few other contestants. Granted, she's still the most likely for Nick's save (inb4 Nick saves Arei instead of Allegra). But beyond that, I don't see her getting a finale spot at all unless she turns things around.

So far, with the support we have seen from Minivan, Thunderstorm and Todd still appear to be very much in the lead, and both of them are capable singers, so I expect them to sail through on Monday. Allegra´s tone is undeniable, but yes, Minivan is not a fan of her diction. She needs to work on that, cause otherwise she might be headed to a Mia Z style elimination, although I´m confident that Nick will save her. Toneisha appears to be Blake´s favorite this year, so I think he´s gonna do what he can to take her far. I also have a feeling that Megan and CammWess could do some serious damage if they keep performing like their KO.

12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Joana should sing rainbow, still don’t think she’d beat Todd for playoff vote 

Her Spotify playlist is public, so I can tell you she’s been listening to Kacey a lot lately, along with Lady Antebellum, and unfortunately Sam Hunt. It only shows the artist, so I don’t know about specific songs. “Rainbow” would work for me too, as long as she doesn’t throw a bunch of extra runs in. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Her Spotify playlist is public, so I can tell you she’s been listening to Kacey a lot lately, along with Lady Antebellum, and unfortunately Sam Hunt. It only shows the artist, so I don’t know about specific songs. “Rainbow” would work for me too, as long as she doesn’t throw a bunch of extra runs in. 

Imagine if they gave her one of his songs. The ultimate bus 😂 IDF would faint.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Imagine if they gave her one of his songs. The ultimate bus 😂 IDF would faint.

Here’s the link. She’s been listening to Fleetwood Mac a lot too. She had several versions of AFM on previous playlists, so she’s likely listening to her PO song on Spotify. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1225783792?si=LdcuD3hzSqe5fo_xG8q0LQ

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s the link. She’s been listening to Fleetwood Mac a lot too. She had several versions of AFM on previous playlists, so she’s likely listening to her PO song on Spotify. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1225783792?si=LdcuD3hzSqe5fo_xG8q0LQ

Honestly, some Fleetwood Mac might do her well. She could do "Dreams"  or "Gold Dust Woman " and strip them down to a more acoustic jazzy style, like she did with "All my Lovin"

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Honestly, some Fleetwood Mac might do her well. She could do "Dreams"  or "Gold Dust Woman " and strip them down to a more acoustic jazzy style, like she did with "All my Lovin"

She had a playlist called “Lives Options,” but she deleted it. “Landslide” was on it. This was a couple months ago, so who knows. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She had a playlist called “Lives Options,” but she deleted it. “Landslide” was on it. This was a couple months ago, so who knows. 

Mmm, maybe, it could fit her as well. If she´s picking her songs, she´s gonna have to be really strategic considering she has to go through Todd and to a lesser extent, Toneisha.

If TPTB is picking, I have a feeling they might try to help her since she has been getting really good treatment this far. As far as I´m concerned she´s the only contestant to have been on the premiere of Blinds, Battles and KO´s this season, and she got the pimp spot two times. Or they could turn their back on her like they have done with several contestants in the past. We´ll see.

38 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Mmm, maybe, it could fit her as well. If she´s picking her songs, she´s gonna have to be really strategic considering she has to go through Todd and to a lesser extent, Toneisha.

If TPTB is picking, I have a feeling they might try to help her since she has been getting really good treatment this far. As far as I´m concerned she´s the only contestant to have been on the premiere of Blinds, Battles and KO´s this season, and she got the pimp spot two times. Or they could turn their back on her like they have done with several contestants in the past. We´ll see.

She's on a team with a Minivan favorite and a singer that fits perfectly into Blake's notorious soft spot for powerhouses, she's going to need all the help she can get. She got the pimp spot twice (and the time she didn't her performance was leaked) and has been in the premiere of all three rounds, but she's a double-steal and that may undercut her strong points if the song selection and her performance slot are weaker than expected.

If they have the strongest team go last for playoffs again, that obviously being Blake's this time around. I could actually see Toneisha closing, which would give her a better chance against Todd, although she'd need to pull off a 'Let It Be' moment to beat him, I think

For every one of the top contestants, other than Thunderstorm, there’s at least one or two, “yeah, but...” We already mentioned Allegra’s diction and Joanna’s double steal. With Toneisha, there’s no evidence on social media that she has a fanbase. She has 5663 Instagram followers and 926 Twitter followers. In addition, she was the least searched on Team Blake during the recap. It’s possible that none of that will matter, and she’ll feast on casual voters. Or, Blake will just send her through. 

Todd only has 7900 Instagram followers, but he seems to be doing well on Facebook to offset that. There’s usually a natural resistance to older, male Team Blake singers from much of the audience. It remains to be seen if this will apply to Todd. Of course, a couple of them have overcome that in the past. Facebook can be a good indicator, but it can also be deceiving when one segment of the audience is more vocal in the support of their favorites than others. For example, Katie Kaden supporters were loud af, but there weren’t enough of them to get her the win. 

I’m actually starting to wonder whether Joei has more support than any of us realize. I’m not ready to go out on that limb yet, but I’m not ruling it out. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Unfortunately, there’s no data to support this, so we can only guess. The only ones with noticeably more support from minivan are Thunderstorm and Todd, and even they are beatable.  

Everyone  is overestimating Toneisha’s support. She is not Kyla. 

Allegra’s mumbling is a problem with a significant portion of the audience. 

Yeah, I'm only guessing and, as per usual, shamelessly ignoring the numbers as well :haha:.

Everybody knows Thunderstorm has this in the bag, unless he keeps getting pop songs. If that happens, there's a slight chance for a tier 2 contestant to surpass him. 

Toneisha is Team Blake and she can sing, so I'm guessing she's fine. The live at home format might hurt her though. 🤔

Imo, Allegra’s biggest problem is competing in the same season with Thunderstorm, he's basically an older version of Sawyer :haha:

3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

At the moment I wouldn't put Allegra that high up. Unless she absolutely blows everyone away on Monday with some monumental growth, she's still gonna be levels behind a few other contestants. Granted, she's still the most likely for Nick's save (inb4 Nick saves Arei instead of Allegra). But beyond that, I don't see her getting a finale spot at all unless she turns things around.

Allegra already blew everyone away in the battle rounds and her Knockout was pretty solid too. For me, she's not that far behind Thunderstorm in terms of talent; Thunderstorm just happens to be a more appealing contestant for the audience. 

Allegra is a Finale lock for me but I agree that anything could happen. If she gets an iconic song like "TPTB's There's Nothin' Holding Me Back", her days on the show might be numbered. 

53 minutes ago, echoap said:

Yeah, I'm only guessing and, as per usual, shamelessly ignoring the numbers as well :haha:.

Everybody knows Thunderstorm has this in the bag, unless he keeps getting pop songs. If that happens, there's a slight chance for a tier 2 contestant to surpass him. 

Toneisha is Team Blake and she can sing, so I'm guessing she's fine. The live at home format might hurt her though. 🤔

Imo, Allegra’s biggest problem is competing in the same season with Thunderstorm, he's basically an older version of Sawyer :haha:

Allegra already blew everyone away in the battle rounds and her Knockout was pretty solid too. For me, she's not that far behind Thunderstorm in terms of talent; Thunderstorm just happens to be a more appealing contestant for the audience. 

Allegra is a Finale lock for me but I agree that anything could happen. If she gets an iconic song like "TPTB's There's Nothin' Holding Me Back", her days on the show might be numbered. 

In other words, I don’t think the audience is that invested in any of these contestants, with the exception of T-Storm, and it’s not even an overwhelming level of support in his case. In past seasons, we could look at specific performances, and the audience’s reaction to them, and carve out a list of frontrunners. That really only applies to T-storm’s blind, at this point. It’s wide open. Song choices and casual votes are going to be huge, and I won’t be surprised if we see some unexpected results (PVs and coach picks), as usual. 

52 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

In other words, I don’t think the audience is that invested in any of these contestants, with the exception of T-Storm, and it’s not even an overwhelming level of support in his case. In past seasons, we could look at specific performances, and the audience’s reaction to them, and carve out a list of frontrunners. That really only applies to T-storm’s blind, at this point. It’s wide open. Song choices and casual votes are going to be huge, and I won’t be surprised if we see some unexpected results (PVs and coach picks), as usual. 

Yeah, the playoffs never go as expected. We're gonna have at least two or three shockers that night, so let's get ready for the meltdowns :thumbs:

"I’m actually starting to wonder whether Joei has more support than any of us realize. I’m not ready to go out on that limb yet, but I’m not ruling it out."  'TA'

You might be onto something that is not all that farfetched at all.

"Imo, Allegra’s biggest problem is competing in the same season with Thunderstorm"  'TA'

Imo, her biggest problem is nobody can tell what the words are when she is singing.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s just a little more difficult to pull off a performance like that from a living room with no audience/staging/lighting/etc. 

And topping the memory of what Chloe so recently did... 

I always like choices that are not heard often or recently.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, echoap said:

Yeah, the playoffs never go as expected. We're gonna have at least two or three shockers that night, so let's get ready for the meltdowns :thumbs:

It wouldn’t be any fun without meltdowns. I’m already expecting Joanna to not make it, so I’m not going to be very bothered when she gets eliminated. If she defies the odds, it will be a bonus, and I won’t care about being wrong. It’s much easier to follow the show when expectations are low.