The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s just another bar. Not that unusual for country artists to get gigs there. Blake might not even know about it. He clearly didn’t remember Taryn and she performs there a few nights a week. 

Pete and Jordan played a gig there recently. You're right that Blake might not really be aware of it. I remember Pete saying that one of the guys on the bar asked him to do it.

Edited by Misirlou

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't know if this was posted anywhere but I read it earlier and thought it was interesting. Not sure how much truth their is to the article though.

https://okmagazine.com/p/producers-at-the-voice-may-replace-blake-shelton-after-ariana-grande-brings-a-fresh-energy-to-the-show/

We don’t know if Ariana can win. More so, win without TPTB’s help. I don’t think this article is really accurate. Adam Levine left because his popularity declined, and he struggled to get singers to the finale his last few seasons. Kelly proved to be a great replacement for Adam as Blake’s rival, while it may take multiple seasons to see if Ariana’s fanbase can give Blake’s competition

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I wouldn't mind seeing them replace Blake but it would certainly be risky. Are there any young popular country singers that could take his place? I would assume only way you could replace him is with another country singer.

I would only accept Luke Bryan, but he's on AI.  I wouldn't mind a woman like Carrie or Martina, though.

15 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't know if this was posted anywhere but I read it earlier and thought it was interesting. Not sure how much truth their is to the article though.

https://okmagazine.com/p/producers-at-the-voice-may-replace-blake-shelton-after-ariana-grande-brings-a-fresh-energy-to-the-show/

but what they are stating about new stars needing to join to evolve the show is true and i think more and more current pop stars will start joining because ariana did.

FYI OK magazine is a pure tabloid, basically it's radar online (who wrote the same article). So if you believe the National Enquirer, you should believe this too. 

(and I don't think more current pop stars will join because Ariana did, with covid hopefully receding, people will be back to touring again, also most of the people who watch are still over 40...so that would tank the ratings). 

And to avoid a double post:

Kenzie is playing at Ole Red Tishomingo, Blake is in that area a lot more often, and his mom goes to a bunch of the shows (including Pete/Jordan's, Pete apparently told a funny story about having a crush on Blake's sister). He's much more aware of that location vs the Nashville (and other) Ole Red's which are basically just bars he lends his name to. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, seak05 said:

FYI OK magazine is a pure tabloid, basically it's radar online (who wrote the same article). So if you believe the National Enquirer, you should believe this too. 

(and I don't think more current pop stars will join because Ariana did, with covid hopefully receding, people will be back to touring again, also most of the people who watch are still over 40...so that would tank the ratings). 

And to avoid a double post:

Kenzie is playing at Ole Red Tishomingo, Blake is in that area a lot more often, and his mom goes to a bunch of the shows (including Pete/Jordan's, Pete apparently told a funny story about having a crush on Blake's sister). He's much more aware of that location vs the Nashville (and other) Ole Red's which are basically just bars he lends his name to. 

true but I believe that some will start realizing “hey this might be a good opportunity, help artists and get a good paycheck out of it, and the workload ain’t that bad either”

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

I wouldn't mind seeing them replace Blake but it would certainly be risky. Are there any young popular country singers that could take his place? I would assume only way you could replace him is with another country singer.

To please Minivan with a Blake replacement. Bring in Chris Stapleton or Garth Brooks(for a male)

Or if they want to try a 3 female to 1 male panel, bring in Carrie Underwood. Martina could work well too. Ideally Dolly, but as discussed, she might never be up to it. 

A younger country artist may not work, the housewives want someone that reminds them of back in the day, or just an older artist in general because they think only older people should be mentors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

To please Minivan with a Blake replacement. Bring in Chris Stapleton or Garth Brooks(for a male)

Or if they want to try a 3 female to 1 male panel, bring in Carrie Underwood. Martina could work well too. Ideally Dolly, but as discussed, she might never be up to it. 

A younger country artist may not work, the housewives want someone that reminds them of back in the day, or just an older artist in general because they think only older people should be mentors.

Carrie would never do it. She is too loyal to American Idol.

The ultimate old guy would be to steal Tom Jones from the UK. They only do a spring season, so it’s doable.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 2

The comments are all mainly:

"I love Blake and he is the Voice!  If he goes I go!"

"Stop appealing to a demographic that isn't even loyal! Get Ariana out of here."

"Kelly is whiny and yells too much, replace her instead."

Surprisingly not too much on John, everyone is bashing Ariana and Kelly while praising Blake lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

The comments are all mainly:

"I love Blake and he is the Voice!  If he goes I go!"

"Stop appealing to a demographic that isn't even loyal! Get Ariana out of here."

"Kelly is whiny and yells too much, replace her instead."

Surprisingly not too much on John, everyone is bashing Ariana and Kelly while praising Blake lol.

They have reached some levels of misoginy that are really high, even for them. There is no point of getting angry at them anymore. Instead, i'm just really sad for them, imagine living with this level of hatred, that is not healthy. 

The worst thing is that they are people with kids, so hopefully their kids can stay out of their toxicity. I'll pray for them, having such bigots as parents is probably a nightmare.

But anyway, Kelly and Ariana are probably reading these comments like this:

Woody Harrelson Crying GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Blake is still as popular as ever with the core audience. Getting rid of him would pretty much be the show digging it´s own grave.

The show is already on it's way of digging it's own grave. Not even Blake could save it from going to having two seasons per year, to having only one. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

The show is already on it's way of digging it's own grave. Not even Blake could save it from going to having two seasons per year, to having only one. 

I definitely dont really have high hopes for the one season per year decision. S22 alone will tell us what we need to know. If it struggles, then it will probably last a season or two more until it gets the axe.

Wendy Moten is an incredible singer and should be a front runner. Will her experience work against her if she's up against a good and sympathetic novice? I'm thinking Season 4 with Judith Hill.

Apologies if this has been fully ventilated. I haven't followed the spoiler thread.

29 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Wendy Moten is an incredible singer and should be a front runner. Will her experience work against her if she's up against a good and sympathetic novice? I'm thinking Season 4 with Judith Hill.

Apologies if this has been fully ventilated. I haven't followed the spoiler thread.

Most of the forum thinks that she's gonna be Blake's frontrunner, and some even declared her the winner already. 

Historically, most viewers prefer underdogs rather than ringers (unless they are country) so I'd say pulling off the win is gonna be really hard for Wendy. However, the other options suggested by the forum like Holly, GNT and Hailey Mia aren't exactly Minivan material either so who knows. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, Misirlou said:

Blake is still as popular as ever with the core audience. Getting rid of him would pretty much be the show digging it´s own grave.

It'd make me enjoy the show more, though.   Not because I don't like Blake, but because I really don't like his base.  Those clearly misogynistic comments are a large part of why.

But seriously.  Those those misogynistic women may be watching for him, but there are a ton of lapsed viewers who left because of him, too.  They've all said that he drove them away.  So I imagine that they would be more than happy to come back to the show with his departure.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:07 PM, QueenMae16 said:

If Blake is ever replaced, Then I think it should be by someone whom he chooses.  As much as I also want Minivan to go, at the very least, letting Blake choose his own replacement will probably make them stay.

Edited by Rodney
  • Confused 1

I'm interested if anyone enjoys the Kelly and Blake banter. I like a snarky comment here and there but not their back and forth bickering that doesn't stop like Lana's audition. What's even worse is that they always use the same jokes, punchlines and comebacks. It was sorta entertaining the first few seasons. Anyway, I see a lot of people complaining and none really stating they enjoy it, find it funny etc. There were always positive comments when Adam and Blake went at it, for comparison.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I'm interested if anyone enjoys the Kelly and Blake banter. I like a snarky comment here and there but not their back and forth bickering that doesn't stop like Lana's audition. What's even worse is that they always use the same jokes, punchlines and comebacks. It was sorta entertaining the first few seasons. Anyway, I see a lot of people complaining and none really stating they enjoy it, find it funny etc. There were always positive comments when Adam and Blake went at it, for comparison.

The bantering after Lana's audition was pretty grating. Yeah, it's getting kinda old. I honestly feel like Ariana's presence isn't felt too much this season just because of how much Kelly and Blake talk over each other.

he's kind of bland, but times like these are when I appreciate the chill-ness John brings to the panel.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

The bantering after Lana's audition was pretty grating. Yeah, it's getting kinda old. I honestly feel like Ariana's presence isn't felt too much this season just because of how much Kelly and Blake talk over each other.

he's kind of bland, but times like these are when I appreciate the chill-ness John brings to the panel.

It’s very much Alicia S14 vibes for me: Kelly was the new girl and bantered with Adam and Blake equally (sort of like Ari does now with Kelly and Blake), Blake and Adam had their frenemy situation (like Kelly and Blake do now), and Alicia could keep up with all on the wittiness front but was also there to bring the zen amidst the chaos of the other three (which John does now).

the banter between Blake and Kelly is a bit predictable. I found John and Ariana hilarious when they let them fight but coming back to watch John and Ariana couldn't even say hi to her and it's kind of rude.

and yes, Ariana looks "dull" but I think it's because of all circus between Kelly and Blake

• Like 3