The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

9 minutes ago, jayshon said:

lol I’m sorry this is just so funny to me

Β 

Facebook is not here for her talkative ness lol. (Check the comments of their recent post)

Kelly still managed to win 4 times, so it’s hard to know what effect it will have. At least she’s not a donut licker.Β 
Β 

joup10l.png

• Haha 1

So this is interesting (maybe only to me). When nbc put out their original "how the voice works" press release, it had a lot of information; 10 weeks of lives, bottom 3 up for elimination etc. It's now been massively changed. Maybe they realized they said to much, or they aren't sure on the formatΒ πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Β 

Here's the current version:Β https://www.nbc.com/nbc-insider/how-does-the-voice-work-everything-to-know-about-the-format

Β 

Here's a quote from the old version:Β 

"Artists that audition forΒ The VoiceΒ dream of making their way to the Live Performances, the final 10 episodes in which the television audience votes for their favorites until we have a winner. The remaining 16 Artists compete against each other during the live broadcast to collect the most votes possible.Β 

The three lowest-voted Artists become eligible for the "Instant Save," where they get one more shot to perform a different song to encourage America to tweet to #VoiceSave their favorites. Each week, the singers who collect the least amount of votes are eliminatedΒ until there is only oneΒ VoiceΒ Artist left standing.Β "

Β 

And a quote from the new one:Β Once the Live Performance Shows begin, the top Artists will compete against each other weekly during a live broadcast. This time the television audience will vote to save their favorite Artists.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Well at least definitely better than Devix

he's good, but we don't know what their Knockouts sounded like yet, a lot of people sound great on audition songs because they probably rehearsed it for months, give them something new and throw in nerves and it doesn't always go well

• Like 3

There’s a lot of talk about showing Kim on episode 3 to show John’s potential frontrunner (I don’t think we know that for sure though). People here are forgetting that some people can seem like frontrunners. Andrew seems like a frontrunner, but he got eliminated in KOs (maybe he’ll come back?).

43 minutes ago, seak05 said:

So this is interesting (maybe only to me). When nbc put out their original "how the voice works" press release, it had a lot of information; 10 weeks of lives, bottom 3 up for elimination etc. It's now been massively changed. Maybe they realized they said to much, or they aren't sure on the formatΒ πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Β 

Here's the current version:Β https://www.nbc.com/nbc-insider/how-does-the-voice-work-everything-to-know-about-the-format

Β 

Here's a quote from the old version:Β 

"Artists that audition forΒ The VoiceΒ dream of making their way to the Live Performances, the final 10 episodes in which the television audience votes for their favorites until we have a winner. The remaining 16 Artists compete against each other during the live broadcast to collect the most votes possible.Β 

The three lowest-voted Artists become eligible for the "Instant Save," where they get one more shot to perform a different song to encourage America to tweet to #VoiceSave their favorites. Each week, the singers who collect the least amount of votes are eliminatedΒ until there is only oneΒ VoiceΒ Artist left standing.Β "

Β 

And a quote from the new one:Β Once the Live Performance Shows begin, the top Artists will compete against each other weekly during a live broadcast. This time the television audience will vote to save their favorite Artists.

Β 

Β 

I would imagine that the format mentioned above is no longer accurate or is to be determined. I don't really buy that the sequence is 16 -> 14 -> 12 -> 10 -> 5, as the initial statement seems to imply (in fact, the statement about the "three lowest-voted Artists..." technically implies that it would be 16 -> 14 -> 12 -> 10 -> 8 -> 6 -> 4 -> 2 -> 1). I think it's probable that the initial cut is 16 -> 14, but that the subsequent cuts are of varying amounts.

Β 

Another possibility is that they didn't want to reveal that there are 16 contestants left at the beginning of the live shows, since that may raise questions (although, to be fair, 16 contestants isn't super surprising, since we have had 17 in the playoffs before).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Β 

I think all three of them were actually supposed to be doctors

Now they are going in tour all over the USA doing what they really love.Β 

Β 

College is overrated, just because society dictates that going to college is the key to be "succesful" doesn't mean is true

1 hour ago, istersay said:

he's good, but we don't know what their Knockouts sounded like yet, a lot of people sound great on audition songs because they probably rehearsed it for months, give them something new and throw in nerves and it doesn't always go well

Β 

Yeah, like I said before, I don't think we should judge the KO decisions until we see the actual performances.Β 

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

Now they are going in tour all over the USA doing what they really love.Β 

Β 

College is overrated, just because society dictates that going to college is the key to be "succesful" doesn't mean is true

As someone currently in college, I completely agree that you don’t have to go to college to be successful.

13 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

As someone currently in college, I completely agree that you don’t have to go to college to be successful.

Stay in college πŸ˜‚ and most of GNT went to college too, there’s a big difference between college and med schoolΒ 

(seriously though, being educated and knowing how to think critically as well as about a wide variety of topics is valuable in and of itself, outside of a job. And statistically you’ll earn a lot more money, plus going to college and dropping out is the worst of both worlds financially. Nothing wrong with going to a trade school though to further your education either). Β 

• Like 5

There are currently a lot of opportunities to learn valuable skills in a year or two, and make a great income at age 19-20, without racking up massive student loan debt. I have a college degree, but I’m not sure I’d take that same path right now. You can always go back to school at a later time, if a degree is needed for career advancement. I know people who have done exactly that.Β 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Got bored; here's an update of the view count from each contestant's blind audition on YouTube

Β 

Morgan Myles - 1.5M (Leaked Friday 9/16)

Alyssa Witrado - 929K (Leaked Tuesday 9/20)

Kevin Hawkins - 578K

Brayden Lape - 499K

Bryce Leatherwood - 486K

Kate Kalvach - 479K

Orlando Mendez - 428K

Reina Ley - 422K

Omar Cardona - 398K

Ian Harrison - 391K

Chello - 359K

Jay Allen - 358K

Sadie Bass - 350K

David Andrew - 333K

Emma Brooke - 311K

Peyton Aldridge - 284K

Devix - 118K (apparently blocked internationally?)

Β 

SHEj - 197K

Alexis McLaughlin -168K

Tiana Goss - 164K

JJ Hill - 128K

KoKo - 90K

Views are not good right?
If anyone of you more bored you can do this on FB too😁. So far I saw only 2 auditions with more than 1M views (Both are leaks). 

8 minutes ago, ammonium said:

Views are not good right?
If anyone of you more bored you can do this on FB too😁. So far I saw only 2 auditions with more than 1M views (Both are leaks). 

All of the auditions from last year's premiere (except for one) have more than one million viems. Even Gracie, who was a no-chair turn, have 1.3M viems.Β 

Β 

It seems that most auditions this year aren't gonna reach those numbers.Β 

Β 

At least Ariana had impact in something, i guess.Β