The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Also, Hillary’s IG story identifies Morgan, The Dryes, Cara, and Madison in the trailer for Monday, so I would expect to see all of those.

CARAAAAA

For some reason, I have a feeling The Dryes have a good chance of being the leak.

Edited by FloorWax

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I feel like Kate and Alyssa must've really stepped their game up in the KOs. Kate was stolen while being in the same KO as Jay, and Alyssa beat out two other people after having an uneven audition.

In general I think we're bound to see improvement from several peeps.

Alyssa and Brayden are clearly raw, and Devix is polarizing, but they emerged victorious the two following rounds, including the brutal 3 way KOs. 

Kate was pretty nervous on blinds, and yet she was the recipient of a double steal, including John, who didnt turn for her initially. 

And Reina took out a 4 chair turn in battles.

And like I said before, I'm really intrigued by several of  the male/female duets this season, and luckily these ones ended up in a steal/save, so we'll see them in full:

- Morgan vs Steven

- Alyssa vs Ian

- Devix vs Sasha

- Cara vs Jay

- The Dryes vs Bryce (A trio, but but there's a girl in there, so lol)

I havent checked Justin or Destiny that much, but that battle ended up in a save, so we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seak05 said:

Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carlisle, Priscilla Block is just starting to chart at radio after being a massive streamer, Ashley Cooke 

and the men I was thinking of are like Zach Bryan and Cody Jinks. 

It is 100% easier to break into streaming or radio or anything if you’re male…but the idea that it’s all country radio, or that country radio still only plays two women is outdated 

Also, Margo Price, Yola, Amanda Shires, and Erin Rae.

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Not only that, female country singers haven’t had much success with Blake for a long time. He favors the males to the same degree country radio does. As a result, they’ve been choosing other coaches, like Kelly, and now Camilla of all people. 

It's frustrating that country radio doesn't promote more female artists.

As for The Voice, Blake's success is limited by the contestants producers advance to the blind audition phase and by viewer voting. TPTB and Blake know the show's audience prefers male country singers. That likely plays into their decisions—along with the actual performances. Honestly, other than Danielle and Chevel, has The Voice cast a female country singer with enough broad voter appeal to win the trophy who then gave consistent performances of good songs? It seems the rest either faced stiff competition, were too polarizing, or were somewhat inconsistent in their song choices or performances. While it sounds like Morgan doesn't want to stay entirely in the country lane, it's quite possible that she possesses that perfect blend of qualities to become the season 22 winner for Team Camila.

Blake turns for most country or country-adjacent gals. Some who have an opportunity to join his team choose not to do so, but he has taken several to the voting rounds throughout his 11 years as a coach. These include RaeLynn (s2), Danielle Bradbery (s4), Holly Tucker (s4), Shelbie Z (s5), Audra McLaughlin (s6), Taylor Brashears (s7), Meghan Linsey (s8), Emily Ann Roberts (s9), Mary Sarah (s10), Lauren Duski (s12), Casi Joy (s12), Keisha Renee (s13), Natalie Stovall (s13), Spensha Baker (s14), Natasia GreyCloud (s15), Gracee Shriver (s17), Worth the Wait (s19), Taryn Papa (s19), Wendy Moten (s21), and Lana Scott (s21). [There's also Cassadee Pope from s3, but she didn't audition as a country artist.]

According to my math, 57 females and 58 males make up Blake's total of 115 playoffs/lives team members in seasons 1-22. I counted Worth the Wait as one team member and one female rather than three and The Swon Brothers as one team member and one male rather than two.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Blake hasn't made any good music in awhile though. Not that those other guys do make good music but the quality of his music has really gone down hill.

I Loved Gods Country. Big hit for him ,,Lake Texoma was a great album. He said recently he does what he wants now, does not care about the music industry. The guy is so rich he can do it,

Thanks for the info @RTV

Blake’s reach is quite limited. It’s not like he has a label or has any say on what is played on country radio. I do, however, feel like he has always been one to champion/cheer on females in the industry and I can’t remember the last tour he did that did not have a female on the bill, which is more than can be said for a lot of people in the industry. 

I completely understand Morgan wanting to try something different, though. I was never that shocked by the fact she chose Camila. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raquel01 said:

I Loved Gods Country. Big hit for him ,,Lake Texoma was a great album. He said recently he does what he wants now, does not care about the music industry. The guy is so rich he can do it,

I thought God's Country was terrible. If he doesn't care about the music industry then he is the reason his music has sucked then not them. :dead:

7 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Thanks for the info @RTV

Blake’s reach is quite limited. It’s not like he has a label or has any say on what is played on country radio. I do, however, feel like he has always been one to champion/cheer on females in the industry and I can’t remember the last tour he did that did not have a female on the bill, which is more than can be said for a lot of people in the industry. 

He is doing a tour next yr, with Carly Pearce opening for him.  The last tour did he included Matina Mcbride,                                                                   

Edited by Raquel01

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I thought God's Country was terrible. If he doesn't care about the music industry then he is the reason his music has sucked then not them. :dead:

Fair, You may have thought it was terrible but it was a huge hit, and still played on country radio a lot. 

Edited by Raquel01
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Raquel01 said:

He said recently he does what he wants now, does not care about the music industry. The guy is so rich he can do it,

I assume you are referring to Blake's recent ET interview.

from the 08/19/22 article:

"Look, I love music and I love The Voice. I love all the cool things I get to do with my job, but those things all take a backseat now to Gwen and the kids and it’s just a new phase of my life," he shares, referencing Stefani's three sons with ex Gavin Rossdale. "I’m having fun putting out songs when I feel like it and luckily the record label allows me to do that," he shares. "They always support it when I do it and my stupid ideas of doing a '90s country video -- they're always on board and because of that, we have a 'God's Country' once in a while or a 'Happy Anywhere.'" "I just go, 'Hey, I want to do this. Will you guys help me?' and they’ll jump on board and we've had some big records that way. Hopefully this will be another one."

And though he's putting his other half and their family first, that doesn't mean Shelton has forsaken his beloved craft.

"I wanna keep my music side of what I do alive from now til they fire me -- fans fire me. The TV stuff’s fun and it’s been great for me and it has actually helped pour over into my music," he says. "I’ve pulled an audience from TV that maybe didn’t even know who I was, probably didn’t know who I was when I started on The Voice and it’s kind of been the thing that took me to a different level in my career and I love that."

But at the end of the day, Shelton said, a country singer is all he's ever considered himself professionally. "When everything else is said and done," he notes, "that's what I hope to still have alive."

https://www.etonline.com/blake-shelton-on-prioritizing-gwen-stefani-and-kids-over-his-career-a-new-phase-of-my-life

1 hour ago, Raquel01 said:

His last was God's country (a HUGE hit_) in 2019

I tend to not like current radio country but liked God's Country. Nobody but You and Happy Anywhere were also big hits for him (and more recent then God's Country). He's been on country radio for 20 years now though, the gravy train doesn't continue forever.

A lot of the country people around here were burned with Taryn Papa, she deserved better. Blake has continued to have females on his team, but the last country female I can remember him really pushing was Spensha Baker. Although I think he wanted to push worth the wait, they just flopped a bit (and Taryn had poor live performances too) He's definitely promoted women in country music outside of the show though.  

One thing I think that hurts Blake with some country singers on the show, is that he really does just want to be a country singer. Sure he's done some stuff outside of country, but it's always been at the request of others, not on his own album or his own single. Many of the newer/younger country artists will push songs to multiple formats, Blake's never done that...not even with a God's Country or a Nobody but you, that probably would have done well at rock or adult contemporary. Basically, Blake likes the box, and thinks it's a cool box to be in.

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buhangin said:

does anyone know if we're gonna have an indie artist this season? Maybe someone like Lauren Frihauf, Savanna Woods, Julia Cooper or Ryleigh Modig? Also are we gonna have less powerhouses this season? huhu

We have a couple who fall into those categories. And there's fewer powerhouses but still a couple. Just none from either category got aired during week 1 for some reason :haha:

You might want to look into Cara Brindisi, Kara McKee, or Kayla Von der Heide - but those are just off the top of my head.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

We have a couple who fall into those categories. And there's fewer powerhouses but still a couple. Just none from either category got aired during week 1 for some reason :haha:

You might want to look into Cara Brindisi, Kara McKee, or Kayla Von der Heide - but those are just off the top of my head.

Maybe not the genre the person asking the question had in mind, but I would argue Morgan is a powerhouse. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe not the genre the person asking the question had in mind, but I would argue Morgan is a powerhouse. 

I could see the argument. A lot of us are still just in the "country-type artist" mentality with her I imagine.

Just now, Someone648 said:

I could see the argument. A lot of us are still just in the "country-type artist" mentality with her I imagine.

Her blind was more county sounding, but there were some powerful moments. There’s nothing at all country about her recent album. Her style in that album is more in the Kelly Clarkson lane. We’ll see where she goes on the show, but I’m sure she’ll show off her range and power to some degree.