The Voice โ— S22 โ— Spoilers/News/Updates ๐Ÿ‚

Someone648

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

ย 

I liked that version though I prefer more Jesse Teinaki's version. He deserved all the chair turns and I'm excited on what he'll do in the next rounds.ย 

Super strong audition!

I have the Jesse Teinaki bias but that was certainly a deserving 4-chair performance ๐Ÿ™‚

I think all the coaches gave pretty decent pitches (Or I meanโ€ฆ whatever you call Blakeโ€™s pitch) but upon first guess I wouldโ€™ve assumed he went with John and Gwen. Interesting that he went with Camila off that editโ€ฆ

8 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'm not usually a fan of too much runs but he placed them smartly and his tone is gorgeous.

ย 

My only complaint is that he seemed to dodge the falsetto parts by cutting them short , ex: "stops you leaving", but either way, very good audition.ย 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'm not usually a fan of too much runs but he placed them smartly and his tone is gorgeous.

ย 

My only complaint is that he seemed to dodge the falsetto parts by cutting them short , ex: "stops you leaving", but either way, very good audition.ย 

I knew something felt off but I couldnโ€™t pinpoint exactly what.

ย 

Anyways, apart from that and the run he did at the end (a bit too extra for my taste), great audition.

ย 

PS: I canโ€™t believe he picked Camila over John.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

Yeah the edit made it seem like he was going to pick John, though maybe that was intentional, to make him picking Camila all the more unexpected.

ย 

Andrew was solid! I do agree that the falsetto parts were kind of dodged, but I mean, he knows his strengths, so that was probably a mindful choice.

That means so far next week we have:

ย 

The Dryes

Cara Brindisi

Madison Hughes

Morgan Taylor

Andrew Igbokidi

ย 

none of those people made lives. I think @TeamAudra might be onto something with them highlighting each team's frontrunner. This is probably going to be Kim's episode.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

ย 

The Dryes

Cara Brindisi

Madison Hughes

Morgan Taylor

Andrew Igbokidi

ย 

none of those people made lives. I think @TeamAudra might be onto something with them highlighting each team's frontrunner. This is probably going to be Kim's episode.

This could also be a Vaughn-situation where there ends up being some twist we donโ€™t know about that returns some artists to the competition? Although, perhaps that would be too much, since theyโ€™re already doing the 3-way knockout twist.

Just now, QueenCami said:

This could also be a Vaughn-situation where there ends up being some twist we donโ€™t know about that returns some artists to the competition? Although, perhaps that would be too much, since theyโ€™re already doing the 3-way knockout twist.

ย 

Possibly? Top 36 to Top 16 just feels like too big a cut. I'm surprised they didn't give each of the coaches a save too, then it would've been a Top 20 at the very least.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

ย 

The Dryes

Cara Brindisi

Madison Hughes

Morgan Taylor

Andrew Igbokidi

ย 

Theyโ€™re making it too obvious! At this point, I donโ€™t know how you keep Bryce, Morgan or Kim out of the finale, other than a massive fleet of busses. Bryce is a lock for PV. Iโ€™d like to say the other two are, as well, but you never know with this audience. Regardless, either one would be very difficult to beat in a save situation. Hopefully, it wonโ€™t be both of them singing for the save. ๐Ÿ˜ฌย 

• Like 2

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Theyโ€™re making it too obvious! At this point, I donโ€™t know how you keep Bryce, Morgan or Kim out of the finale, other than a massive fleet of busses. Bryce is a lock for PV. Iโ€™d like to say the other two are, as well, but you never know with this audience. Regardless, either one would be very difficult to beat in a save situation. Hopefully, it wonโ€™t be both of them singing for the save. ๐Ÿ˜ฌย 

same I agree. I donโ€™t know ion really see Omar getting PV for team legend rn.

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

ย 

Possibly? Top 36 to Top 16 just feels like too big a cut. I'm surprised they didn't give each of the coaches a save too, then it would've been a Top 20 at the very least.

right, when people were suggesting 3-way knockouts, i thought it could be 2 winners, so 36 -> 24, which isnโ€™t unprecedented for playoffs, although its on the higher end. I think 20 wouldโ€™ve been a great number.

I suppose when the knockouts air, weโ€™ll see if their plan worked out, and the eliminated contestants were deservedly eliminated, or if a save wouldโ€™ve been warranted.ย 

9 minutes ago, jayshon said:

same I agree. I donโ€™t know ion really see Omar getting PV for team legend rn.

Hmm.. IDF did say this about Joshua last season, and he made it through several rounds just by being a consistently strong performer, despite not necessarily appealing to the core audience. Perhaps Iโ€™m just being hopeful, since I loved Omarโ€™s audition.

ย 

Also, your phrasing implies playoffs, but I think @seak05ย mentioned that the first cut is going to be 2 contestants, so no coach quotas / playoffs.

• Like 1