The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Stellar audition!!!! I love his West African music-influenced runs!!!! And he was robbed of the lives tbhΒ πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ€©

Got bored; here's an update of the view count from each contestant's blind audition on YouTube

Β 

Morgan Myles - 1.5M (Leaked Friday 9/16)

Alyssa Witrado - 929K (Leaked Tuesday 9/20)

Kevin Hawkins - 578K

Brayden Lape - 499K

Bryce Leatherwood - 486K

Kate Kalvach - 479K

Orlando Mendez - 428K

Reina Ley - 422K

Omar Cardona - 398K

Ian Harrison - 391K

Chello - 359K

Jay Allen - 358K

Sadie Bass - 350K

David Andrew - 333K

Emma Brooke - 311K

Peyton Aldridge - 284K

Devix - 118K (apparently blocked internationally?)

Β 

SHEj - 197K

Alexis McLaughlin -168K

Tiana Goss - 164K

JJ Hill - 128K

KoKo - 90K

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Got bored; here's an update of the view count from each contestant's blind audition on YouTube

Β 

Kevin Hawkins - 578K

Brayden Lape - 499K

Bryce Leatherwood - 486K

Kate Kalvach - 479K

Orlando Mendez - 428K

Reina Ley - 422K

Omar Cardona - 398K

Ian Harrison - 391K

Chello - 359K

Jay Allen - 358K

Sadie Bass - 350K

David Andrew - 333K

Emma Brooke - 311K

Peyton Aldridge - 284K

Β 

SHEj - 197K

Alexis McLaughlin -168K

Tiana Goss - 164K

JJ Hill - 128K

KoKo - 90K

Most of these auditions will hit a million by this upcoming week…

4 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Of that one ? What you tryna say ?

I could have gone into all of the reasons I didn’t like it, but chose to just cut to the chase. It’s not my cup of tea. I’m not sure what you’re implying here, but I don’t play that game.Β 

46 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Β 

Kevin Hawkins - 578K

Brayden Lape - 499K

Bryce Leatherwood - 486K

Kate Kalvach - 479K

Orlando Mendez - 428K

Reina Ley - 422K

Omar Cardona - 398K

Ian Harrison - 391K

Chello - 359K

Jay Allen - 358K

Sadie Bass - 350K

David Andrew - 333K

Emma Brooke - 311K

Peyton Aldridge - 284K

Β 

SHEj - 197K

Alexis McLaughlin -168K

Tiana Goss - 164K

JJ Hill - 128K

KoKo - 90K

Team Blake is destroying everyone, lmao

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

I knew something felt off but I couldn’t pinpoint exactly what.

Β 

Anyways, apart from that and the run he did at the end (a bit too extra for my taste), great audition.

Β 

PS: I can’t believe he picked Camila over John.

same thoughts

Re: Igbokidi, anyone who chooses that song to sing in these shows usually will have a moment of some sort. It's just a song people make evocative and emotional in these shows. Compared to his peers, Igbokidi was way too melismatic on the low notes and too grounded/not daring enough with the upper register. It's pleasant and all, but if they ask him for another song, or a switchup, I don't think he brings that much more to the table.Β 

Β 

That being, 4 offers for med school as a college senior is a way better path than the Voice. Could be set for life rather than just bobbling in a sea of anonymous music people, so this shouldn't even be a choice.

41 minutes ago, jork said:

Re: Igbokidi, anyone who chooses that song to sing in these shows usually will have a moment of some sort. It's just a song people make evocative and emotional in these shows. Compared to his peers, Igbokidi was way too melismatic on the low notes and too grounded/not daring enough with the upper register. It's pleasant and all, but if they ask him for another song, or a switchup, I don't think he brings that much more to the table.Β 

Β 

That being, 4 offers for med school as a college senior is a way better path than the Voice. Could be set for life rather than just bobbling in a sea of anonymous music people, so this shouldn't even be a choice.

Interestingly, at least one of the GNT brothers gave up medical school for the Voice and a music career.

57 minutes ago, jork said:

Β 

His most recent IG post not related to The Voice shows that he's indeed going to a med school and accepting a 4 year schoolarship with full tuition.Β 

Β 

But we have quite a few people that have passed on more stable opportunities to be on the show, and for music in general.

Edited by Misirlou

Β 

Dude can clearly run with the best of them but I'm not feeling this auditiom. Some runs sounded good and well placed, while others went on too long and strayed from the melody to the point of not sounding melodic at all. Which detracts from the emotional aspect that makes this song impactful.

Β 

There's also a certain breathiness to his voice on some parts that make it sound like he's out of breath rather than it being intentional.Β 

Β 

There's no denying his talent though.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Considering leaks, episode structure, favorable performance order, chair turns, and blocks, it's evident that TPTB are spotlighting Camila and that Morgan is TCO.

Β 

Morgan, an experienced powerhouse singer with crossover appeal, seems positioned to be the winner of season 22. She was leaked, opened the premiere, turned four chairs, was a coach block, joined the new coach's team, and never needed a save or steal. Morgan has been well received on social media and is leading YouTube views. We'll have to see whether her chances will be diminished by age, gender, genre, and/or coach choice.

Β 

As a good male country singer on Team Blake, Bryce is likely to advance to the final. He is slightly disadvantaged by not turning four chairs, not being leaked, not appearing on either the premiere or third episode, and not opening or closing. If sources are correct about Bryce being Blake's battle save, that's another impediment to winning. He also has less industry experience than Morgan.

Β 

Brayden has been singing for two years while also pursuing three sports. His biggest hurdle is a lack of performance experience. Although only turning one chair could be a slight disadvantage, being a cute teen guy on Team Blake is probably beneficial. An obvious growth arc would be helpful for votes.

Β 

I think Kimβ€”or maybe Omarβ€”will be John's frontrunner. Both of them are experienced singers, turned four chairs, and won their battle and knockout. I expected Kim to be leaked and to appear in the first or third episode.

Β 

Gwen's frontrunner is yet to be determined.

Β 

I made notes for the Top 16 and for contestants who opened or closed episodes.

Β 

Episode 1
Morgan (leak; 4-chair; Camila blocked Gwen; Team Camila; won B and KO)
Omar (4-chair; Team John; won B and KO)
Ian
Tiana
Emma Brooke
Orlando
Alexis
David
Jay
JJ
Kate cliffhanger (3-chair)

Β 

Episode 2
Kate continued (Team Blake; won B; lost KO to Bryce; double steal; Team Camila over John)
Reina (2-chair; Team Camila over Gwen; won B; lost KO to Eric)
Bryce (3-chair; Team Blake; lost B to The Dryes; saved; won KO)
KoKo
Alyssa (leak; 2-chair; Team Gwen over Camila; won B and KO)
Devix (3-chair; Team Camila; won B and KO)
Chello
Kevin (4-chair; Gwen blocked John; Team Blake; won B; lost KO to Bodie; double steal; Team Gwen over Camila)
Sadie
SHEj
Brayden (1-chair; Team Blake; won B and KO)
Peyton (3-chair; John blocked Blake; Team John; won B; lost KO to Parijita)

Β 

Episode 3 (performance order unknown)
Andrew (leak; 4-chair; Team Camila; won B; lost KO to Devix)
Cara
The Dryes
Madison
Morgan T

Β 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Interestingly, at least one of the GNT brothers gave up medical school for the Voice and a music career.

Lauren Duski gave up dental school for music. Although, in that case, it seems like she really didn’t want to be a dentist anyway.Β 

• Like 1