The Voice โ— S22 โ— Spoilers/News/Updates ๐Ÿ‚

Someone648

11 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Devix also got a lot of viems. I havent listened to much to his audition because, you know, geolocked, but that clip on TikTok sounded good. Maybe i was to quick to judge him.

I got thrown off by the song choice at first, but he handled it like a pro. It grew up on me the second listen and Iยดm interested to see what he does next. "Yellow" seems like a better fit.

Edited by Misirlou

Sydney Paige has implied that she's up this week

Tanner Howe has hinted at Tuesday/capitalized it. If correct:

ย 

Monday:

C - Andrew Igbokidi

C - Ava Lynn (implied via IG)

G: Cara Brindisi

B: The Dryes

B: Madison Hughes

J: Morgan Taylor

ย 

Tuesday:

G: Tanner Howe

ย 

TBA/date unconfirmed

G: Kayla Von der Heide

C - Sydney Paige

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I was checking The Voice's TikTok account, and Ian's audition clip went viral (Most comments are on Spanish, btw)ย 

ย 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFRmEfyT/ย 

ย 

P.D. i can't embed the link ๐Ÿฅฒ. I'm very frustrated right now.ย 

ย 

Edit: Yep, i can't embed TikTok videos anymore. This is very, very annoying, to say the leastย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

36 minutes ago, jayshon said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci37KRjgbQh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
ย 

Umโ€ฆ.SINGGGGG?!?!? Damnnn boaaaa

:wub:

ย 

ย 

15 hours ago, jork said:

With the order of auditions being shown, and with the early youtube-FB returns, it's clear that Morgan and Bryce are in the final, and that Brayden could possibly be a tough out (well, at least "tough" for minivan to swallow). That's one old school country and two country-adjacents (Morgan touting herself as pop-soul-country and Brayden being transmogrified into some country-adjacent boybandy folk pop?).ย 

ย 

We haven't seem Kim (and Parajita?) yet, but it seems like everyone else is outside the limelight of these country/"country?" folks. Spoilers seem to have really touted Omar and Bodie; Omar's numbers are just kind of lukewarm so far, and there's an argument whether Broadway-laced poppified '80s rock would really go better against a Voice audience rather than in the Sing-Off where it's better spotlighted. With Bodie, good luck trying to get past Bryce and Brayden. It would be interesting to see how Blake handles Bodie, but he's the archetype where even if he's "good", he's probably not a fit for this voting audience. So Omar, Kevin Hawkins, Devix, Alyssa, what-have-you, are just minor characters playing the pop, R&B, indie musical diversity fillers on this show.

ย 

The Voice probably has been angling for a country winner - haven't had one since late 2019 with Jake Hoot, so that's going to be a 3-year gap. In particular, a country female seems to be lacking in the final recently - since that Jake Hoot season, only Wendy Moten's been the only country female in the finals, and you've had your Jim Rangers, Ian Flanigans, Kenzie Wheelers, and Jordan Matthew Youngs along the way. One wonders if Blake "eliminating" Bryce against the Dryes was kind of the producers' prophylactic move to suppress some of his inevitable fanbase support, and help Morgan out.

ย 

The Voice probably doesn't care about this as much as much as their own historical timeline, and as mentioned they think they're due for a country winner. But this year alone TV singing competitions have introduced Noah Thompson, Drake Milligan and now? Bryce Leatherwood. Noah won just four months ago. There might be a constant appetite voting for country dudes, but obviously country music proper (outside the show) has only a limited number of "investment" spots. This year feels like a singing competition-country male churn.ย Bryce and Noah both strike as naturally appealing to voting audiences, but lack the industry know-how and will likely need their hand held off show to risk getting cast aside for the shiny country object in the next singing competition. ย On the flip, Milligan has label backing, a good infrastructure, and has a style that's aggressively radio-catering pop country (that's also why he came in 3rd). Limited spots-of the three, Milligan seems the most rooted for success. As an aside-off show, if he even gets the chance, Leatherwood could be crafted as a "Cowboys and Angels"-era Dustin Lynch, as they have a similar getup. This is likely all moot anyway-ย  the Voice obviously doesn't break artists (or care about breaking artists, despite the investment factor touted by the coaches).

ย 

Chevel Shepherd was the last actual country female in the finale (7 seasons ago!), unless Iโ€™m missing someone. Wendy didnโ€™t bill herself as a country singer on the show, and the only country song she sang was โ€œJolene,โ€ and I guess you could count โ€œBlue Bayou.โ€ She sang at least as many Aretha and Whitney songs. She practically distanced herself from the country genre. Someone may claim Rachel Mac, but she did about as much country on the show as Addison Agen. They were both multi-genre artists on the show.ย 

ย 

Morganโ€™s genre on the show is TBD. Country/soul probably gives her the best shot, honestly.ย 
ย 

ย 

Edited by TeamAudra

The Voice posted blind auditions on TikTok on different dates (Morgan 09/16, Alyssa and Ian and Emma four days ago, Devix and Bryce and Peyton three days ago, Andrew one day ago).ย Here are the current numbers.

Ian 6.6M

Morgan Myles 3.6M

Devix 2.4M

Alyssa 1.8M

Bryce 1.7M

Peyton 1.5M

Emma 1.2M

Kate 690.6K

Orlando 604.3K

Omar 486K

Jay 416.1K

Sadie 367.3K

Brayden 353.9K

David 305.3K

Chello 298.3K

Reina 278K

Kevin 240.8K

Andrew 117.8K

Edited by RTV

no one asked but here is my rankings of some the blinds so far (very biased)

ย 

1. Brayden Lape

2. Reina Ley

3. Alyssa Witrado

4. Devix

5. Ian Harrison

6. Bryce Leatherwood

7. Omar Cardona

8. Andrew Igbokidi

9. Orlando Mendez

10. Kevin Hawkins

Edited by Legendium
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Legendium said:

no one asked but here is my rankings of some the blinds so far (very biased)

ย 

1. Brayden Lape

2. Reina Ley

3. Alyssa Witrado

4. Devix

5. Ian Harrison

6. Bryce Leatherwood

7. Omar Cardona

8. Andrew Igbokidi

9. Orlando Mendez

10. Kevin Hawkins

ย 

ย 

lol you putting Kevin last is wildddd

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Sydney Paige has implied that she's up this week

Tanner Howe has hinted at Tuesday/capitalized it. If correct:

ย 

Monday:

C - Andrew Igbokidi

C - Ava Lynn (implied via IG)

G: Cara Brindisi

B: The Dryes

B: Madison Hughes

J: Morgan Taylor

ย 

Tuesday:

G: Tanner Howe

ย 

TBA/date unconfirmed

G: Kayla Von der Heide

C - Sydney Paige

None of these made the lives, right? Iโ€™ll be shocked if we donโ€™t see Kim or Kique this week. Maybe both.ย 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

None of these made the lives, right? Iโ€™ll be shocked if we donโ€™t see Kim or Kique this week. Maybe both.ย 

Correct. If I had to guess, I'm thinking we're only getting 2-3 from lives at most this week.