The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

IMG-20230515-204941.jpg 

Dear Youtube, can i watch Grace's performance without having that stupid comment at the top, please?? 

The little kid's fans are gonna be insufferable now that he didn't make it to the finale. I'm certainly not crazy about The Voice's social media getting infected with Directioners' comments all over again next season 🤮🤮🤮

IMG-20230515-214403.jpg 

Thanks YT for listening for once lol

Holly and Ryley's fans can cry all they want, but is not Grace's fault that they didn't vote 🤷. (I'm not talking about fans here, but fans all over social media) 

Who each contestant seems to be rooting for/posting for

Alex Whalen - None

ALI - None

Allie Keck - None

Carlos Rising - None

JB Somers - None

Jerome Godwin - None

Kason Lester - None

Kate Cosentino - None

Katie Beth Forakis - None 

Kylee Dayne - None

Laura Littleton - None

Magnus - None

Marcos Corvos - None

Mariah Kalia - None

MaryKate Connor - None

Michael B. - None

Nari-Yella - None

Neil Salsich - None

Rachel Christine - None

Sheer Element - None

Talia Smith - None

Tiana Goss - None

Walker Wilson - None

Alyssa Lazar - Ryley/Holly/ Sorelle/ D. Smooth

Cait Martin - All

Chloe Abbott - D. Smooth

EJ Michels - Gina 

Jamar Langley - D. Smooth

Kala Banham - Gina

Manasseh Samone - Ray

Ross Clayton - Gina and Ryley

Tasha Jessen - Holly/Gina/Ryley/ and D. Smooth

• Thanks 4

Just now, thevoiceisthetop said:

Alex Whalen - None

ALI - None

Allie Keck - None

Carlos Rising - None

JB Somers - None

Jerome Godwin - None

Kason Lester - None

Kate Cosentino - None

Kylee Dayne - None

Laura Littleton - None

Magnus - None

Marcos Corvos - None

Mariah Kalia - None

MaryKate Connor - None

Michael B. - None

Nari-Yella - None

Neil Salsich - None

Rachel Christine - None

Sheer Element - None

Talia Smith - None

Tiana Goss - None

Walker Wilson - None

Cait Martin - All

Chloe Abbott - D. Smooth

EJ Michels - Gina 

Kala Banham - Gina

Manasseh Samone - Ray

this feels kind of shady of them lol but it’s fair game of course. i just feel like i wouldn’t wanna do that because it seems like a quick way to make a not friend of a friend

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Alex Whalen - None

ALI - None

Allie Keck - None

Carlos Rising - None

JB Somers - None

Jerome Godwin - None

Kason Lester - None

Kate Cosentino - None

Kylee Dayne - None

Laura Littleton - None

Magnus - None

Marcos Corvos - None

Mariah Kalia - None

MaryKate Connor - None

Michael B. - None

Nari-Yella - None

Neil Salsich - None

Rachel Christine - None

Sheer Element - None

Talia Smith - None

Tiana Goss - None

Walker Wilson - None

Cait Martin - All

Chloe Abbott - D. Smooth

EJ Michels - Gina 

Kala Banham - Gina

Manasseh Samone - Ray

Looks like D. Smooth and Gina seem to be the faves from the people who spilled.

No Grace or NOVIAS lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Voice said:

Did everyone forget about Ray?

I did lol

He seemed like such Knockout/Playoff fodder and it’s still so strange to me that Chance brought him so far lol. Especially over Kala and Jamar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

D. Smooth is actually a rare type of contestant for Kelly to work with and move on that far. She barely interacts with the R&B males. (Instantly eliminated Aaron Hines).

And America pretty much rejected D.R. King, despite Kelly's desperation to take him far.

Interesting results. TPTB obviously engineered it to get a result that looks like this. One wonders if they will keep this sort of thing long-term for future seasons, as this ended up with a fairly diverse final five. Is this the first season we had two black dudes in the final five, between AI and the Voice?

I do like the Voice employed "facade" downhome contestants this year. At first glance, they appear like they would appeal to minivan. But it collapses under further scrutiny, with more performances. Ryley never seemed anywhere as "awwshucks humble" as Carter and probably fit more in the poppy boyband hipster spectrum; that's an infraction on this show, no matter the vocals. Shoutout to this lil' quote about Ryley: "Yeah, the 80s Miami Vice suit with a wife beater tanktop under, and a 80s teen hairstyle, and with braces he should have gone for a cute kid look, but then you have the ganster necklace and the strange earring choices. None of any of those looks matched one another (or were good choices in general). I never talk about looks or fashion but it was extremely hard not to notice how off it looked." Clothing sabotage apparently exists. Let's just quote an active minivan participant for Holly: "Holly is nothing but a pageant singer. Too pretty, perfect and fake." If minivan groupthink ascribes to this 'Miss Congeniality", mean girls POV, then yeah, they were already staring daggers at her. A Gen Z'er not knowing that Reba song=more daggers, starts leading to generational mistrust. 

TPTB sensed this opening -they promoted of D-Smooth and Sorelle in anticipation of the first voting rounds. Holly and Ryley kinda fell under the radar in promotion after strong promotional starts. It's actually impressive, if this is a "one person per team" sorta vote, that we had R&B beat country, and a teen pop girl beat a teen pop dude; and a trio got more votes than an individual. If we knew nothing but just archetype, that's usually a way to lose money doing these sort of bets. But D-Smooth's earnestness and ability to wring emotion opportunistically in various lyrics is a skill that likely led to more votes. TPTB+Kelly promotion and the aforementioned Holly issue created that opening. Sorelle didn't really have to fight against Ray at all. And Gina came strong with the socials and seems to have got forward momentum without much promotion, like an older Hailey Mia type rise. 

All this leads to something interesting and diverse for the final. Of course Blake gets his two, as Blake vote equity is the one constant in all this, even if NOIVAS is probably too elaborate in his execution and would be more effective by keeping it simple. His poppier tendencies, Undertaker entrance garb and belief that flashy dramatics=awesomeness are not values that minivan really espouses. And TeamBlake will likely split votes between him and Grace, and it's likely Grace's consistency will secure the votes over him. As an aside, as great as Grace is, maybe try something current? Might be too late for the final though, where she'll likely double down on what got her here in the first place.

This can leave an opening for maybe even Kelly's D-Smooth to get in ahead over NOIVAS, since she has coach equity. There's a weird, janky mismatch picturing Ed Sheeran's very personal lyrics and juxtaposing it into D-Smooth's perspective, and that's part of the rub. But he just sells it vocally. It's awesome how current all of D-Smooth's songs are, and only one of them is from a black dude (Khalid). Weird, actually, in the context of this show; again will be interesting to see where he lands, as he's janky and interesting at the same time, all the while with very good/convincing vocals. You feel TPTB and even casuals want to like him, but there's always some sort of block to go all the way.

Gina's metrics scream all sorts of dark horse as well; it's hard to reconcile that against her archetype and Niall's coach equity is uncertain, so it will be very interesting to see where she lands. Sorelle has improved metrics, but let's be honest. Their vocal base is polarizing for voters. Someone's going to criticize the Gwen Stefani-sounding deeper voiced one. And minivan doesn't appreciate the at-times cacophony and sass despite the interesting layered harmonies and vocal blend. Very unique, sisterhood type stuff, but unlike XF girl groups they don't rah-rah about girl power, and let their vocals do the talking. You get the feeling TPTB set up this sort of vote to really nudge Sorelle through in particular. Tho' Gina and D-Smooth probably made some of the behind-the-scenes peeps jump for joy as well, especially those that like to cause voting mayhem. Certainly less predictable than AI's final five this season.

Edited by jork
  • Like 6

The most important thing here is that TPTB got the idea to cut the contestants easily. 

They literally prevented people from western region to vote. And then they had set the order in such a way to restrict others. I am not talking about Holly here. Ryley is the one i am talking about, he is young teenage boy right into minivan ally who came with a lot of momentum from last week. They even made NOIVAS struggle a bit this time with the order. They were actually aware that performance order matters.

Edited by Arsh
  • Like 1

for once I support a country candidate, he is eliminated before the final

Holly eliminated wtf??? she has the greatest vocal capacity of the season, Blake who still keeps her two candidates for the final...

strongly S24 and 25

Chance's performance is amazing, what a talent this guy has 

he succeeded perfectly in finding the arrangements for his team

this is one of the most beautiful performances in the history of the voice between coach and talent

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

All the comments under Sorelle's video on insta are against them (except mine lol). All of them are saying that it should've been Ryley instead.

But I'm really glad that Ryley responded there as well.

RbDqhs1.jpg

He handles it really well. Such a prince.

Even more reasons to stan Ryley Tate. 

Edited by allistr
  • Like 7

Just checked all of their videos. RyleyTate, Holly, and D. Smooth have the most positive response.

NOIVAS, Sorelle, and even Grace to an extent have mixed reception. Gina's comments are mostly +, but few people complained about Ryley not being in the finale.

But honestly, none of this matters. Majority of them didn't even care to vote, and I think is that these are just loud minorities. Bc if they mattered, RyleyTate would've been in the finale over Sorelle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

I think Gina or D Smooth will close since they havent closed an episode yet, maybe NOIVAS

No chance. Sorelle closes. They are the most commercial, consistent and balanced entertainment. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, indodol said:

Number of FB reacts:

1. Gina 2.9k

2. Holly 2k

3. Dsmooth 1.9k

4. Grace 1.5k

5. Ryley 1.5k

6. Sorelle 1.3k

7. Noivas 1.1k

8. Ray 575

Kinda surprised with Gina's number 😮

these numbers are wayyyyy too low for them to mean anything

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Cait Martin - All

Chloe Abbott - D. Smooth

EJ Michels - Gina 

Kala Banham - Gina

Manasseh Samone - Ray

Very sweet of Cait.

Honestly if I were a contestant, I'd feel bad for singling out someone to vote for. Even though no one should feel bad for doing it.