American Idol S20 Top 14 Performance Discussion

istersay

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

It doesn’t change the fact that she made it to the T9 as a semi-finalist.  She only made it to Idol’s T14.

Right, but she never once was voted through by the audience. I said at the time, she has some weird diction problem, and sort of got ripped for it, but that’s what the people were saying in the social media comments when she was on The Voice, and I saw the same thing a couple weeks ago when I took a peek at it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Right, but she never once was voted through by the audience. I said at the time, she has some weird diction problem, and sort of got ripped for it, but that’s what the people were saying in the social media comments when she was on The Voice, and I saw the same thing a couple weeks ago when I took a peek at it. 

I guess she should have sung Ariana Grande then!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

It doesn’t change the fact that she made it to the T9 as a semi-finalist.  She only made it to Idol’s T14.

She was eliminated early, that’s what I said. She lasted two weeks and the first week she had to be saved. Being on the Covid season probably didn’t mess with her chances too much. It should’ve helped her, honestly, because she’s an artist who performs stripped down songs that don’t require a big stage. Allegra is very talented but I think we need to stop making excuses that she was on the Covid season of The Voice or she didn’t get much airtime on American Idol. Something about her just doesn’t connect with the majority of people who watch these types of shows. I don’t think there’s anything she could do to change that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

She was eliminated early, that’s what I said. She lasted two weeks and the first week she had to be saved. Being on the Covid season probably didn’t mess with her chances too much. It should’ve helped her, honestly, because she’s an artist who performs stripped down songs that don’t require a big stage. Allegra is very talented but I think we need to stop making excuses that she was on the Covid season of The Voice or she didn’t get much airtime on American Idol. Something about her just doesn’t connect with the majority of people who watch these types of shows. I don’t think there’s anything she could do to change that. 

Both weeks she was competing for one public vote against a popular frontrunner (Thunderstorm) so I don't think you can really say anything about her popularity based off her time on The Voice

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

She was against the freaking TCO for the public vote in both voting rounds, God! I get your point but she was never gonna win against him, they pimped the hell out of him, she had literally no chance. 

In the Instant Save she was against a "powerhouse" (not really a powerhouse, but close i guess) on Team Blake, she wasn't winning that one either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

What's tomorrow's theme?

Judge’s Choice. Each judge picks a song for them and they pick one of the three. They won’t know which judge chose which. The judge with the most picks at the end wins a “prize”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

What's tomorrow's theme?

Judges song contest. I think it's where the judges each pick a song for the Top 11 and the contestant chooses which out of the 3 to sing. 

Just now, sublymonal said:

Judge’s Choice. Each judge picks a song for them and they pick one of the three. They won’t know which judge chose which. The judge with the most picks at the end wins a “prize”

We answered at the same time lmfaoo

17 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

She was against the freaking TCO for the public vote in both voting rounds, God! I get your point but she was never gonna win against him, they pimped the hell out of him, she had literally no chance. 

In the Instant Save she was against a "powerhouse" (not really a powerhouse, but close i guess) on Team Blake, she wasn't winning that one either. 

Then she clearly wasn’t going to win the show. There’s only one winner at the end, anyway. I wish Allegra all the best. I just don’t think these shows where the public (which consists of a lot of people who just aren’t fans of her type of music/style of singing) get to vote are right for her. If music industry expert judges got to choose, she’d probably go quite far on both Idol and The Voice. At the end of the day, she got to perform an original song live for millions of people to hear - something she wouldn’t have been able to do on The Voice. I think she’ll be happy with that. 

1 hour ago, BrokenHearted said:

Allegra and Ava going home is predictable but still disappointing, Idol voters really hate women huh

Tbh there were 3 people eliminated. One was a wildcard. And there were several of each. While American idol may have a problem with misogyny, I do t think this night was a good example of that. Especially considering a guy many assumed  would last long also ended up eliminated. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Tbh there were 3 people eliminated. One was a wildcard. And there were several of each. While American idol may have a problem with misogyny, I do t think this night was a good example of that. Especially considering a guy many assumed  would last long also ended up eliminated. 

I agree, they did vote 6 girls and 4 guys just last round, and 3 girls could've very well went home tonight instead of 2-1. America's being fairly behaved in terms of voting gender wise this season compared to previous ones. Now whether they've voted in the right girls is a different story. 

Edited by redwood79
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, redwood79 said:

I agree, they did vote 6 girls and 4 guys just last round, and 3 girls could've very well went home tonight instead of 2-1. America's being fairly behaved in terms of voting gender wise this season compared to previous ones. Now whether they've voted in the right girls is a different story. 

But how many of those guys actually deserved to be voted in? 1 maybe 2? If the talent was actually equal the voting disparity would be so much more noticeable. But even still you can forget the lyrics as a man and still make it through.

• Like 1

Just now, QueenKalie said:

But how many of those guys actually deserved to be voted in? 1 maybe 2? If the talent was actually equal the voting disparity would be so much more noticeable. But even still you can forget the lyrics as a man and still make it through.

Gurl if you'd been here for the past 3 seasons the bar is at the floor this season is doing wayyy better than those. I always prefer the female artists but I've just come to accept my taste is unpopular apparently