American Idol S20 Top 14 Performance Discussion

istersay

4 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Y’all… Allegra just does not connect with A LOT of voters. She went home early on The Voice and had to be saved last week. I can’t see how anyone is surprised she didn’t survive a triple elimination. I don’t agree with her going home either but her voice isn’t for everybody. 

As for Ava, I was surprised she was voted into the Top 10 last week so I thought it could go either way for her tonight. Sign Of The Times has a rough history on singing shows IIRC. 

Let’s just be glad Dan is out lol. He was the definition of mediocre IMO. 

Yeah, I don't  think Allegra and Ava going is anything too surprising with the points you brought up. Allegra didn't have any prior airtime in the earlier rounds, didn't get the Top 10 votes last week and had such a major uphill battle with to overcome the lack of votes. And Ava was a bigger surprise getting the Top 10 votes last week, as I felt she probably just made the Top 10 vote.

But also true that neither of them deserved to go. :( 

2 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

My ranking after tonight:

Fritz

Ava

Leah

Dan

Huntergirl 

Allegra

Noah

Mike

Nicolina

Tristen

Emersyn

Lady K

Jay

Christian

You had Dan this high after all the shade you threw at him in here of him gonna last awhile? 🤣

Just now, Anybody354 said:

Jay and Mike definitely deserved it over Christian and probably Tristen and Lady K as well imo

I'll admit i don't like country so I can't really judge Mike's performance, but Jay's was objectively bad. No way he didn't get the votes last week and then robbed Ava like that-

11 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Y’all… Allegra just does not connect with A LOT of voters. She went home early on The Voice and had to be saved last week. I can’t see how anyone is surprised she didn’t survive a triple elimination. I don’t agree with her going home either but her voice isn’t for everybody. 

As for Ava, I was surprised she was voted into the Top 10 last week so I thought it could go either way for her tonight. Sign Of The Times has a rough history on singing shows IIRC. 

Let’s just be glad Dan is out lol. He was the definition of mediocre IMO. 

Allegra made it to T9 on the Voice. That’s not early.

9 minutes ago, erik g said:

I promise i must of went deaf when they announced Mike.... but i'm not mad at it he did great tonight. but anyways AVA MAYBEE WAS ROBBBEEDDD

I mean by that point I was already malding too much, we were already guaranteed at least one of Allegra/Mike/Tristen going home, plus Dan was also one I wanted to stay (though not at the expense of one of those three) and Ava, the one I most wanted to go home of the five people not yet safe, was still easily no worse than #8 for me.

There were six people that I would've been happy to see leave, out of fourteen. Not one of them is gone.

If Mike and Jay would’ve went home, there would be an argument that Idol voters don’t support black male contestants. It’s always something. Ava and Allegra had very distinct voices that not everyone cares for, and Dan was just so unremarkable that people probably forgot to vote for him. 

Just now, m1key said:

Does anybody have predictions for the cuts tomorrow?

Hopefully it can be 2 men going home (2 of Tristen, Jay, and Mike) 

I like Tristen so I would prefer Jay and Mike to go. But I wouldn't mind if Emyrson left either

6 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

why is everyone focusing on those two when Emyrson gave the worst performance of the night?

She really didn't. I mean, I would've been happy if she did because I freaking hate Olivia Rodrigo, but she sang well enough. Christian was awful tonight. Jay was bad for the third time in four performances; Lady K for the second in three.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carrie_On said:

If Mike and Jay would’ve went home, there would be an argument that Idol voters don’t support black male contestants. It’s always something. Ava and Allegra had very distinct voices that not everyone cares for, and Dan was just so unremarkable that people probably forgot to vote for him. 

I think Katy savaging Dan’s song choice might have had some influence, lol

1 minute ago, Carrie_On said:

??

She lasted two weeks and had to be saved the first week by Nick. 

The Covid season was weird and there were only a couple weeks anyways and everyone sang from home. I don't think there is much you can pull from that because it is such a weird situation. 

• Like 1