American Idol “Season 20’s Top 20” Discussion 🐰

istersay

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

Do you think that Allegra has a chance to make it into the Top 14 at least via a wildcard if not make it into the Top 10 outright?

idk her but I think she should based on tonight.  

4 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Do you think that Allegra has a chance to make it into the Top 14 at least via a wildcard if not make it into the Top 10 outright?

The judges seem to like her so I could see her getting a wildcard spot. I doubt she would get in by votes.

8 minutes ago, Solaris said:

i assume 8 (maybe 10) probably advance by votes, and the judges choose the other 6 (or 4) after another round of performances

10 advance directly and the judges pick the remaining 4.

as of now, the top 10 performances of the night for me were: 

1. Leah Marlene

2. Hunter 

3. Allegra 

4. Christian 

5. Jacob

6. Mike 

7. Dan 

8. Fritz 

9. Lady K 

10. Sage

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wgm said:

as of now, the top 10 performances of the night for me were: 

1. Leah Marlene

2. Hunter 

3. Allegra 

4. Christian 

5. Jacob

6. Mike 

7. Dan 

8. Fritz 

9. Lady K 

10. Sage

I like your list. Really hope Jacob can make it. I'm not worried about Fritz but I really hope Jacob will get voted through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonBahamut said:

Wow..I never thought Jolene gurl can't get any worse, what a travesty..pack you bags gurl

this is so funny to me even though I didn't even think Jolene was bad lol

yeah her performance earlier was... something

Once again, Nicolina's performance was way better than I remember it being. Granted, I wasn't really paying attention for the entire first half.

Jay was way worse than I remember lol

Thoughts on last night (since I wasn’t able to comment on here live.) I’m only going to comment on my favorite performances, since these contestants get enough negativity from here as it is. :stealth:

Emyrson: Absolutely loved the confidence and stage presence on this one. Vocally, she was solid as well. Good way to start the night. I think she’s emerging as a dark horse in this thing, and I’m just proud to say I was a fan since her audition. :P

Sage: Yes, this was a little rockier than last week’s performance. That being said, I was so happy to hear Sage on a Fleetwood Mac song! :wub: I loved her lower register here and those growls were insane. Plus, she looked absolutely stunning! 😍 I am a little nervous for her tonight, since it doesn’t seem this performance was well-received. 😬 The judges seem to like her, so maybe we can hope for a save? 🤔 

Jay: YES! YES! YES! :clap: I have been waiting for Jay to have another moment, and he delivered. I was a little disappointed with his performance last week, but he really stepped it up and proved exactly why he earned that Platinum Ticket in Austin. The runs were so tastefully placed throughout the performance- and they gave me chills every time. He reminds me of Cam Anthony with that stage charisma of his - maybe we’ll see him at the top as well? 🤔 

Nicolina: I’ll be honest and say that I haven’t really been on the Nicolina hype train up until this point, but this was extraordinary. The perfect example of an artist who can manipulate an arrangement to perfectly suit their vocal style. She sang in such a sweet part of her voice in the beginning half of the song (so many goosebumps there. 🥺) This was emotional and dynamic - a stellar showing from her! :clap:

Elli: The song sounded SO SO good on Elli’s sweet sounding voice. And no one told me Elli could do RUNS?!?! They were so cleverly placed throughout the performance- and I screamed after every one was executed. That huge sustained note came out of nowhere too (Elli knows how to pack a punch!) I am a bit worried about Elli standing out in this stacked night of performances, but she should be really proud of this performance (and hopefully America will reward her tonight. 🤞

Allegra: FINALLY! I have been waiting for her to have a breakout moment on the Idol stage - and this was it! I really enjoyed the arrangement and thought she brought a fresh take to the song. I do feel that her style is a bit polarizing because of how much she plays with her voice throughout the song, but I feel like the judges really hyped her up last night, so we’ll see. 🤞 Not to mention, HER DRESS - literally insane 🤩✨

Leah: OMG. I might get a lot of heat for saying this, but I think this could be up there with some of the great performances from Idol’s FOX era (or it’s just recency bias lol.) Either way, this was phenomenal. 😳 We see Leah as a fun, bubbly, energetic individual, and then she comes out and completely destroys us all with a heart wrenching vocal. I mean, she’s not messing around, and if I was a contestant, SHE’S the one I’d be the most afraid of (in terms of competition.) Katy said that Jacob is the best vocalist this season, but I honestly think it’s Leah after last night. Her vocal control is masterful. 

Cadence: I think this one is getting way too much hate. :unsure: Yes, she was clearly nervous, but overall, I thought this was a great, emotional vocal. The breaks in her voice allowed for that emotional delivery to come through and it was beautiful. I thought it was a much-needed step up for Cadence - well done! 👏 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Daillon said:

The “Catie Turner” of the season turning out to be the best contestant of S20 (by a very wide margin) wasn’t on my bingo card, lol

I think she's really only similar to Catie in her bubbliness, their singing styles aren't alike. And yes, its a pretty wide margin lol. 

Edited by FloorWax