American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

5 minutes ago, erik g said:

yeah i have no idea who this tai verdes guy is

I’ve never heard his music but I googled him and he was a contestant on my favorite trash tv show—MTV’s Are You The One? His real name is Tyler Colon and he financed his music career with the $50k he won.

Surprise(not), he got famous on Tik Tok

Edited by AngelaKD

28 minutes ago, Hbrue123 said:

It depends on what you want your winner to be though do you want it to be somebody already a star or one can grow and just get better and better over time. I know a lot of people on here will disagree on this but out of the contestants this year Noah is epitome of why I loved the early years of AI finding a unknown and giving them a chance of having a career they never thought was possible. 

And I loved what Carrie said about Noah which I want to see Noah to be the winner. 

Leah and Hunter are not "already a star" though (I assume you are referencing them with that comment.) They are struggling artists who came on the show to gain more exposure. Just because they have original music out does not make them a star, and they have grown just as much as Noah throughout the season.

Though, this just goes to show the manipulation of the edit. Leah has been edited as the loud quirky girl who has already found herself as an artist and Hunter has been edited as the overly professional singer who doesnt need the show (not saying I agree with that, but thats how the judges make it look.)

On the flip side, Noah has been edited as the young, attractive working class father who has something to prove, which is why people sympathize with his arc more. But in actuality, Leah and Hunter have just as much to prove as well.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, m1key said:

Leah and Hunter are not "already a star" though (I assume you are referencing them with that comment.) They are struggling artists who came on the show to gain more exposure. Just because they have original music out does not make them a star, and they have grown just as much as Noah throughout the season.

Though, this just goes to show the manipulation of the edit. Leah has been edited as the loud quirky girl who has already found herself as an artist and Hunter has been edited as the overly professional singer who doesnt need the show (not saying I agree with that, but thats how the judges make it look.)

On the flip side, Noah has been edited as the young, attractive working class father who has something to prove, which is why people sympathize with his arc more. But in actuality, Leah and Hunter have just as much to prove as well.

Leah has talked about how she just dropped out of college and was lost in life and decided to audition for Idol and she's grown so much throughout the season

• Like 3

For anyone who is curious....

Spotify Streams Update (05.17.2022) 

1. Noah - 85,455 streams

2. HunterGirl - 27,764 streams

3. Leah Marlene 26,180 streams

ITunes:

6. Noah 

15. HunterGirl

??? Leah

Edited by Gmm99
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, m1key said:

Very well said. I couldn't have put it any better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

For anyone who is curious....

Spotify Streams Update (05.17.2022) 

1. Noah - 85,455 streams

2. HunterGirl - 27,764 streams

3. Leah Marlene 26,180 streams

ITunes:

6. Noah 

15. HunterGirl

??? Leah

This means nothing fritz was 2nd and went home 

• Like 4

Some ideas for The Springsteen songbook: 

Hunter: The River, Secret Garden, Roselita
Leah: Hometown, Streets of Philadelphia, Hungry Heart
Noah: I'm On Fire, Born to Run, Born in the USA

4 hours ago, Hbrue123 said:

It depends on what you want your winner to be though do you want it to be somebody already a star or one can grow and just get better and better over time. I know a lot of people on here will disagree on this but out of the contestants this year Noah is epitome of why I loved the early years of AI finding a unknown and giving them a chance of having a career they never thought was possible. 

And I loved what Carrie said about Noah which I want to see Noah to be the winner. 

I think a contestant can grow on "old Idol" partially because their sales, buzz, etc. they had post-show were reasons to keep the alum & develop them. For example, S10 winner Scotty McCreery was someone young with potential. But he wasn't a songwriter & in the country genre the majority of current artists can write. He developed into a songwriter, but he had the sales, good chart success, etc. to likely be given the time by the label & industry to develop that. The majority of recent Idol alums (winners or other finalists) haven't done well. Gabby is the outlier. I'm not sure many labels, management, etc. will take the time to develop contestants.

Noah has potential. Will BMG or someone else develop him & can Noah pick things up quickly? There's a lot of country singers out there who can probably take his place & some are likely more developed in their craft.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

I was just  writing the updates down for anyone who is just curious. Not for them to believe that x artist will win come Sunday.

Thanks for doing it! Whether it indicates who might win or not, I find it interesting to see different stats about the finalists.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rampurewal said:

Noah  said in an interview he has no clue how to write songs and throws them out. 

Noah posted an original song on YouTube in 2020 and says he's written songs. It seems he's not confident in his songwriting ability, and he admits he's still learning. But that's okay. Writing your own songs isn't a requirement for winning American Idol or even for a career in music. 

• Like 3

w9si8s5wq4091.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

hnc0q508c7091.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Leah's crowd (top photo) and Noah's crowd (bottom photo) for their homtown visits as per Reddit! Looks like they both had a lot of people come out to support them 🙂

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Hbrue123 said:

Duets

Leah & Katy 

Hunter Girl & Luke - I Told You So

Noah & Melissa Etheridge

Here is the video of the contestants finding out if anybody wants it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hbrue123 said:

Duets

Leah & Katy 

Hunter Girl & Luke - I Told You So

Noah & Melissa Etheridge

Lionel singing with another contestant or solo?