American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

and now you know who the producers wants to win.. he gets the winner's edit and the big star duet.. 

unless we have a carrie underwood case here where he's ahead of the votes.. 

damn now I want hunter to disrupt those plans and take the win from him!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, blackfield said:

and now you know who the producers wants to win.. he gets the winner's edit and the big star duet.. 

You feel that way but from reading some other comments on Social Media they think the opposite and that Noah has been shafted and that they want Huntergirl to win. 

And also she requested to sing with Noah. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hbrue123 said:

You feel that way but from reading some other comments on Social Media they think the opposite and that Noah has been shafted and that they want Huntergirl to win. 

And also she requested to sing with Noah. 

HunterGirl requested to sing with Noah? When was this out of curiosity?

I believe that HunterGirl is the Lauren Alaina of the season that has no chance to win. People overwhelmingly chose Scotty over Lauren, and they'll probably do the same here unless voters become truly touched by the story behind Red Bird. I don't see how Hunter's story about working so hard ever since she was a kid will resonate when Noah is there as a contrast to that.

I fully expect HunterGirl to end up third based on her edit. The judges mentioning her Platinum ticket over and over also enforces the narrative that HunterGirl has not grown throughout the competition and makes her seem like the favourite to win when that's actually Noah, which can get fans to vote for somebody they're more likely to perceive as an underdog. At least Leah has a growth story in that she's grown out of being somewhat manic at times during her performances compared to her more restrained performances now and that the judges repeatedly say that she's grown (mostly Katy), but it'll still be very tough to beat Noah, who they're editing as if he's a single father even though he's a married man.

I feel the Springsteen theme was deliberately chosen so that Noah could sing something that working class people easily relate to. He has the best edit and is edited as though the show discovered him like old school American Idol winners. I believe it would take a lot of things going wrong for Noah and a lot going right for Leah for an upset to happen, and even if Leah churned out the best finale performance night of any contestant in history, she'd probably still be the underdog against Noah.

@Gmm99Melissa Etheridge, not HunterGirl, requested to sing with Noah.

Edited by MalwareDie

Congratulations Noah!! You win :clap: 

Ignore me, i just used this show to fill the void while my favorite show is on hiatus. I don't care that much about who wins but i'm intrigued to see if one of the girls can somehow pull a miracle and take the prize 👀 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

but it'll still be very tough to beat Noah, who they're editing as if he's a single father even though he's a married man.

thank you, I thought I was the only one who noticed. I find it weird how he always says he's doing it for his son, never even mentions his wife. You would really think he's a single father.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GinPa said:

Don't know where to ask this and can't seem to find on the net. Is Huntergirl singing back up on Noah Thompson's - One Day Tonight ? Thank you for any help.

Youtube Music has "Noah Thompson & HunterGirl" credited under "One Day Tonight." I assume yes then?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

I believe that HunterGirl is the Lauren Alaina of the season that has no chance to win. People overwhelmingly chose Scotty over Lauren, and they'll probably do the same here unless voters become truly touched by the story behind Red Bird. I don't see how Hunter's story about working so hard ever since she was a kid will resonate when Noah is there as a contrast to that.

I fully expect HunterGirl to end up third based on her edit. The judges mentioning her Platinum ticket over and over also enforces the narrative that HunterGirl has not grown throughout the competition and makes her seem like the favourite to win when that's actually Noah, which can get fans to vote for somebody they're more likely to perceive as an underdog. At least Leah has a growth story in that she's grown out of being somewhat manic at times during her performances compared to her more restrained performances now and that the judges repeatedly say that she's grown (mostly Katy), but it'll still be very tough to beat Noah, who they're editing as if he's a single father even though he's a married man.

I feel the Springsteen theme was deliberately chosen so that Noah could sing something that working class people easily relate to. He has the best edit and is edited as though the show discovered him like old school American Idol winners. I believe it would take a lot of things going wrong for Noah and a lot going right for Leah for an upset to happen, and even if Leah churned out the best finale performance night of any contestant in history, she'd probably still be the underdog against Noah.

@Gmm99Melissa Etheridge, not HunterGirl, requested to sing with Noah.

All this is true, but that might actually help Leah.  Who does America root for?  The underdog, not the favorite.

42 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

All this is true, but that might actually help Leah.  Who does America root for?  The underdog, not the favorite.

Casuals think HunterGirl, not Noah, is the favourite. Really, it's only hardcore fans who understand that Noah is the real favourite to win the title. While Leah is an underdog, Noah being perceived as having limited performing experience is a part of his edit and being, which is a classic American Idol winner's edit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

thank you, I thought I was the only one who noticed. I find it weird how he always says he's doing it for his son, never even mentions his wife. You would really think he's a single father.

Noah is neither married nor a single dad. He lives with his GF/baby mama.

18 hours ago, blackfield said:

Melissa Etheridge big star 🤷‍♀️ 30 years ago maybe.

18 hours ago, blackfield said:

HunterGirl is the contestant who got a platinum ticket, not Noah. American Idol viewers know who Katy and Luke are, while not everyone is familiar with Melissa Etheridge. Those who are won't necessarily vote for her duet partner. I personally think there are celebrities who make more sense for Noah than Melissa does, but I hope all three duets sound good.

8 minutes ago, RTV said:

MJ Santilli's final contestant ranking lists Noah first, HunterGirl second, and Leah third. On her site's most recent poll, 53.5% believe Noah will win and 38.41% think he should win.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2022-top-3-contestant-rankings-predict-the-winner.htm

MJ and her blog are not a source that should be taken with seriousness lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, m1key said:

MJ and her blog are not a source that should be taken with seriousness lol

Whether or not the predictions are accurate, I find it interesting to read them and thought others might also.

Gold Derby's senior editor Marcus James Dixon watches and writes about multiple reality TV shows, but the predictions are based on the site's polls.

https://www.goldderby.com/feature/american-idol-winner-predictions-2022-1204939682  

Winner predictions on these online websites aren't scientific and may be incorrect, but I've linked a few for anyone who wants to read them for fun.

Edited by RTV