The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Checked FB and so far, positive comments for both. I'd say they lean just a little bit more towards Hailey.

I just listened to the KO on a better sound system and I think I hear backup singers, but really faintly.  I wonder if she was counting on them being there and had a hard time hearing them.  It could have led to the one or two pitchy moments if she was relying on them to provide a base.  Did anybody else hear that?

Edited by Joeamos

38 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If they do it, it is likely to help with ratings. Carson is a minivan magnet. If it were my job on the line, I’d bring Carson back. However, if I was Carson, I’d say, “thanks, but no thanks.” 

Do you think there are any contestants that benefit from going past the knockouts? 

The talk of Wildcard gives me PTSD… do y’all remember when they first introduced the wildcard twist and Ellie Lawrence (literally Gwen’s only contender that season) came back after loosing her knockout to BRAIDEN SUNSHINE … and then we all thought she was a locked PV and then gets eliminated AGAIN despite having like the second best peformance on her team bc BRAIDEN SUNSHINE got the PV over her and then Gwen chose Korin to save … That was so tragic☠️

Edited by CocoaPuffs

7 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

Do you think there are any contestants that benefit from going past the knockouts? 

Not really. :haha:

In all seriousness, I think it depends on the contestant, and what they were doing prior to coming on the show. I would argue Carson didn’t need the show, considering his background and connections. I’m not seeing an upside to him going through a few weeks of lives, with high trainwreck potential. He might actually have a future in the industry. He’s several years away from reaching his potential, and needs some patience. 

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Its gonna suck having to lose some Team Blake people in POs.

It's not going to suck for me.  This is his weakest team in quite some time.  It won't bother me to lose any of them, frankly.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Not really. :haha:

In all seriousness, I think it depends on the contestant, and what they were doing prior to coming on the show. I would argue Carson didn’t need the show, considering his background and connections. I’m not seeing an upside to him going through a few weeks of lives, with high trainwreck potential. He might actually have a future in the industry. He’s several years away from reaching his potential, and needs some patience. 

I get that, but I'd argue more current pop contestants like Bella benefit from going through a few weeks of lives.

5 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I get that, but I'd argue more current pop contestants like Bella benefit from going through a few weeks of lives.

Most people who have been following the show for a long time don’t take the prospect of post show success very seriously. The very few who make it tend to be early elims, and I would argue their Voice run had little to do with their success. So, sure…it’s probably better for Bella to stay on longer, but I doubt it makes post show success much more likely. 

18 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Hailey wasn’t all that good to me at all tbh. Libianca was good but not like absolutely amazing? I give Libianca a 8. They could’ve leaked a better pairing.

Agreed.  But is it really that much of a surprise?  It is a Team Blake pairing.😋

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe they leaked it to help Blake, since it’s his song. The show is about the coaches. 

it’s not his current single, so it’s not going to help him that way. But someone singing his song vs someone singing a song Blake wouldn’t sing in a million years does set up a very stark choice for him.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed both performances 

Gods country is really hard to sing. Hailey did well with it, but she struggled a bit in some transitions and with breath control. Also she should have done the verse instead of the first high yeah yeah (Kara handled the second set, and she usually does both, including on the actual record). Haileys low notes were gorgeous 

Libianca was gorgeous and so connected to the song, even if It was an understated performance

overall I enjoyed it, and won’t be mad if Hailey comes back 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Really enjoyed both performances 

Gods country is really hard to sing. Hailey did well with it, but she struggled a bit in some transitions and with breath control. Also she should have done the verse instead of the first high yeah yeah (Kara handled the second set, and she usually does both, including on the actual record). Haileys low notes were gorgeous 

Libianca was gorgeous and so connected to the song, even if It was an understated performance

overall I enjoyed it, and won’t be mad if Hailey comes back 

Doubt it. There is a probability of Carson coming back, and he's going to be dangerous and the clear frontrunner to win the season if he returns, and other people may say that season 21 is rigged in his favor.

Spent the day driving over 6 hours and was expecting to come on here to the GNT vs Holly leak and I am very pleasantly surprised that it was Libianca and Hailey! 

I honestly loved both performances. I’m biased towards Libianca because she’s so unique and current (Christiana Danielle is one of my favorite contestants in general) and she truly gave a performance. She sang that song like a story and that last note coupled with her consistent, beautiful tone in her lower register makes me so excited to see more of her.

It truly is a shame this battle wasn’t earlier on so Hailey could have been stolen. I know we haven’t seen the steals performances yet, but it’s a shame to see her leave after that 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Discovolcano said:

Samuels johns only shot of winning so he would have been stupid not to

It's not Samuel advancing that was shocking, it was John pairing him with his only four chair turn and dropping Brittany that was shocking. I thought they would both make it to the playoffs on his team.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CandiceFan12 said:

Doubt it. There is a probability of Carson coming back, and he's going to be dangerous and the clear frontrunner to win the season if he returns, and other people may say that season 21 is rigged in his favor.

Do we know for sure that there are comebacks?  I feel like people are getting paranoid about that.

• Like 3