The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Do we know for sure that there are comebacks?  I feel like people are getting paranoid about that.

We don’t actually know whether or not they are happening. People assumed they were confirmed due to what Ariana tweeted. The show never said anything about it

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I agree. 

also... let me just say Carson is no Kenzie Wheeler, or Carter Rubin. sure, he may have the Minivan appeal on paper, but I'd say those two I mentioned blow him out of the water in terms of vocals, and I wasn't even a fan of them.

• Like 1

I don't really think there's an IDF snowflake killer in the Top 20 except for probaly Peedy, since he's probably the most lukewarmly recieved member of the group, but he himself has his share of fans here. Most of the forum has expressed their satisfaction with this Top 20.

So that's pretty much why IDF is paranoid about Carson. He would singlehandedly fulfill the snowflake killer role, and while I agree he likely wouldn't win, he would knock down several IDF favorites.

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

We don’t actually know whether or not they are happening. People assumed they were confirmed due to what Ariana tweeted. The show never said anything about it

And like I said, let's just watch everyone social media to see who is or isn't traveling to L.A. throughout the Knockout weeks.  Easy solution.

Edited by Rodney

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

also... let me just say Carson is no Kenzie Wheeler, or Carter Rubin. sure, he may have the Minivan appeal on paper, but I'd say those two I mentioned blow him out of the water in terms of vocals, and I wasn't even a fan of them.

True. Kenzie has great vocals and tone to LISTEN to but I had to turn the screen off though. He was super awkward to watch. Carson has more appeal with his presence for “tv”. 

Libianca is a fantastic performer and Hailey was very good too. (Especially for a 15 year old doing such a challenging song.) I am glad I did not have to choose between them with no steal left.

Fun fact: Wendy promised Hailey that she would take her to a Melissa Etheridge show and introduce her🤗

• Like 5

Thinking out loud…. 

With 20-24 performances in two hours, it is critically important to stand out, and be memorable in some way. None of these contestants likely have large enough fan bases to carry them, so casual voters will decide who moves forward. I can pick out 8 names who have unique traits and characteristics relative to the field that could give them an advantage, assuming their performances are adequate. This by no means is a guarantee that all of them will make it. 

Girl Named Tom - Trio

Hailey - The only teen girl. 

David - He’s not the cookie cutter 20-something contestant. His appearance makes him more memorable than some others. 

Jim & Sasha - Obvious 

Holly - She’s similar in genre and style to some others, but she still stands out for other reasons. 

Peedy - The Elvis shtick, also technically a teen. He has a lane to himself. 

Wendy - 56 year old female, with prior industry success. Whether that ends up being a positive or negative, it makes her more memorable than some others in her lane (there are a lot). 
Joshua - I don’t know whether the audience is buying what he’s selling, but he definitely isn’t like anyone else on the cast. 

The reason I didn’t list any of Ari’s young pop females is because…well, there are three of them on her team. One of them will emerge, but I can’t really say one of them has personal characteristics that make them more memorable than the others. 

There are too many soulful AA females for me to consider one of them more memorable than the others. I only listed Wendy, for the reasons I laid out. 

I tossed around a couple other names, but I don’t think they are particularly memorable. Again, I’m leaving vocals out of this. I’m sure some will disagree with my analysis. 

LIVE PLAYOFFS TEAMS:

Team Kelly:

Girl Named Tom

Gymani

Hailey Mia

Jeremy Rosado

Brittany Bree

Team John:

Jershika Maple

Joshua Vacanti

Samuel Harness

Shadale Johnson

David Vogel

Team Ariana:
Bella DeNapoli
Jim & Sasha Allen
Raquel Trinidad
Ryleigh Plank
Holly Forbes

Team Blake:
Lana Scott
LiBianca
Peedy Chavis
Wendy Moten
Paris Winningham
Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

It's not Samuel advancing that was shocking, it was John pairing him with his only four chair turn and dropping Brittany that was shocking. I thought they would both make it to the playoffs on his team.

I think he did this to show to America what Samuel is capable of and how he can beat a 4 chair turn. Since he’s his only chance may as well do everything he can

4 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Lol can y’all imagine a battle with Brittany and Victor?! Like I can so see John pairing them too. That would be INSANE. They both churchy and got that rasp.

she does actually remind me of a female Victor, that comparison makes a lot of sense. (without the dancing lol)

Edited by FloorWax

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The Brittany/Samuel KO is definitely intriguing me. I want to see what they both sang and how it went down.

tbh it sounds like it could be an all-time fave for me if they both nail it (I'm thinking the Amy-Madi realm)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

tbh it sounds like it could be an all-time fave for me if they both nail it (I'm thinking the Amy-Madi realm)

If I'm correct, apparently Samuel got a 4 coach standing O and Brittany did get a double steal, so its looking promising.

3 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Brittany mentioned in a live that she had no clue who Ed Sheeran was. She said her partner said “Brittany you don’t know who that was?” She replied “nope” and then her partner said “you can tell it was all over your face”😭😂 

As if I couldn't love her any more :haha:

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Brittany mentioned in a live that she had no clue who Ed Sheeran was. She said her partner said “Brittany you don’t know who that was?” She replied “nope” and then her partner said “you can tell it was all over your face”😭😂 

Lmao imagine her being the only contestant to not know who Ed Sheeran is :rofl:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Her big hit was released in 1992, before most of these contestants were born!

She's now 56, and that was 29 years ago, so she must have been 27 or so when it was released. That was her first record.

So I bothered to check the rest of the Top 20:

Jim from Jim/Sasha is a year older than her, so he must have been 28 when it came out, wonder if he heard it back in the day.

Paris is 32 and Holly is 31 if I'm correct, so they must have been 3 and 2 years old respectively when it came out.

Jeremy is 29, and was actually born months before Wendy's first album came out.

The rest of the Top 20 weren't born yet.

Other contestants that were alive, albeit babies, when it came out that didnt make lives: Katie Rae and Kinsey (both 6 years old or so), Manny (2 years old),  Jonathan and Parker (1 yrs old)

I'm sure the members of The Joy Reunion must have been alive too,( but fairly young) albeit I don't know their exact ages.