Jump to content

Saddest Eliminations for you


TheVoiceFan2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Which were some of the hardest eliminations for you to watch/find out about? Did someone you were heavily rooting for go home too early? Was it their time to go but you just wanted to see more of them regardless? Feel free to share! (Surprised this isn’t a thread so if there already is one like this let me know

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TheVoiceFan2 changed the title to Saddest Eliminations for you

Domenic Haynes (S16) made me sad because it wasn't his fault his coach ruined his chances of going far.

 

Jake Wells (S15) made me sad because I loved both of his previous performances and it was upsetting to see him go out on an off performance.

 

Myracle Holloway (S17) made me sad for obvious reasons.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TMH and Jake Haldenvang come to mind because they left on a low note, thanks to TPTB for stucking them with pop songs. 

 

Luke Wade was a favorite of mine in S7, who was on an upwards train,  but sadly he never regained his confidence after he messed up on T12 week. His T8 performance was a bit hard to watch, because it was obvious that he had already given up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going by pre-Finale, prob early live eliminations or KO eliminations.

 

Amber Carrington freaking hurt! My real first attached elimination that was undeserved after "Sad" compared to the other Blakers who didn't deserve their spots, but overall it was just disappointing, and so close to the Finale too.

 

Ali Caldwell too, Semis elimination after two slayages that week(IWALY and her IS song)

 

Keisha Renee Semis slayage elimination. Makenzie Thomas too.

 

Meh those are the big ones for now, some I prob missed but idc to think about them right now.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Going by pre-Finale, prob early live eliminations or KO eliminations.

 

Amber Carrington freaking hurt! My real first attached elimination that was undeserved after "Sad" compared to the other Blakers who didn't deserve their spots, but overall it was just disappointing, and so close to the Finale too.

 

Ali Caldwell too, Semis elimination after two slayages that week(IWALY and her IS song)

 

Keisha Renee Semis slayage elimination. Makenzie Thomas too.

 

Meh those are the big ones for now, some I prob missed but idc to think about them right now.

 

yes, all of this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Amy Vachal 
Morgan Frazier

 

Amy was one of my faves during S9, I was kinda competent that she'll reach really far but ☠️ so sad to see her not on the finale, I love all her performances

 

Morgan's Lips of an Angel though 😭 she doesn't deserve it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

TMH and Jake Haldenvang come to mind because they left on a low note, thanks to TPTB for stucking them with pop songs. 

 

Luke Wade was a favorite of mine in S7, who was on an upwards train,  but sadly he never regained his confidence after he messed up on T12 week. His T8 performance was a bit hard to watch, because it was obvious that he had already given up.

Jake Haldenvang def.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of them hurt, but the biggest was probably the first person I truly "stanned"—I had watched S17 but didn't stan any one of them. Seeing Allegra go during the T9 IS was rough, especially since I did think she had a chance. It also stung cause there were many other deserving artists who were eliminated then. Allegra's elimination really stung for me for sure. 

 

There have been others I've been sad about, but none like Allegra's yet. (Also, it seems I have the curse of having my favorite being elim'd in the IS before the Finale; first Allegra than Cami. Hoping my favorite goes the finale this season!)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Keisha Renee Semis slayage elimination. Makenzie Thomas too.

 

I wasn't watching at the time but what the heck was America thinking w Keisha?! She killed it week after week and gave an AMAZING performance at the T8, only to be Instantly Eliminated? I get that there was a lot of talent but she did not deserve an instant elimination.

 

MaKenzie also totally was finale material. And Ali Caldwell not winning the IS / getting to the finale is a whole other issue; she got robbed on TWO shows right before the finale....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Michael Sanchez´s elimination is widely considered to be one of the biggest robberies of the show, and rightly so, he deserved to advance. The blow is a bit less for me because he at least left on a very high note with that KO.

Edited by Misirlou
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Season 4: Monique Abadie, Mary Miranda, Savannah Berry

Season 5: Destinee Quinn, Lina Gaudenzi, Holly Henry

Season 9: Ellie Lawrence, Viktor Kiraly

Season 11: Lauren Diaz, Nolan Neal

Season 14: Jaclyn Lovey, Jorge Eduardo, Genesis Diaz

Season 15: Katrina Cain (The most saddest of all as her song choice was bad), Claire Dejean

Season 16: Lili Joy, Presley Tenant, Domenic Haynes, Rebeca Howell

Season 17: Kyndal Inskeep, Gracee shriver, Khalea Lynee

Season 18: Samantha Howell, Zan Fiskum

Season 19: Cami Clune, Ben Allen, Sid Kingsley, Ryan Gallagher

Edited by Sid Dean
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine would be:


Claire DeJean (hated that they gave her that song. She had so much potential of doing well with a singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell type of run and it went to waste :( her blind was gorgeous)

Katrina Cain (same with Claire but with a more indie genre. She could’ve been on Blake’s top 3 had she slayed her knockout)

Reagan Strange (obviously unpopular lol but I was sad that one of my favorites left with such a low note for something that wasn’t even her fault)

Brooke Stephenson/Brennan Lassiter (both SLAYED the blinds only to go home and be montaged the same night?!?! It was hard for me)

Gracee Shriver (for obvious reason, I hated Blake that night)

Rose Short (I went into the finale fully expecting Rose not to win, but it was still hard to not see her win when she outperformed in so many live show weeks)

Zan Fiskum (Yeah she wasn’t making it but her slayage (even with that horrible Camila song) and the Instant Save killer performance made me sad she didn’t make it, she was one of the most talented vocalists that season)

Same with Allegra^ I thought she could make finale :(

Thunderstorm and Toneisha (after my faves had gone home the week before seeing them BOTH in the top 3 and neither winning was tough)

Lauren Frihauf (I genuinely thought she won that knockout. However knowing weeks in advance her fate made it less sad)

Chloe Hogan (her going home after OWNING the night before was a crime and I was sad she didn’t even get to perform for the Instant Save)

Payge Turner (say hat you want about her playoffs performance, I loved it, but you have to admit her relationship with Gwen has been one of the most interesting ones to watch in recent seasons. I really wanted to see a duet and honestly the story Gwen posted afterwards about being sad Payge didn’t move on was even harder for me lol.

Cami Clune (she slayed that Instant Save, she deserved to move on idc)

Desz (she wasn’t winning but she sure deserved to place higher)

 

I guess these eliminations were more of a mix of emotions for me lol 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Amy Vachal 
Morgan Frazier 

 

^ Tough season for me, LOL

 

Mary Sarah  

 


BTW, over the past few seasons, I haven’t cared much when they get eliminated. I’m used to it now. My favorites, with a few exceptions, tend to not be minivan favorites, so it’s been a mixed bag. That’s why I’ve packed it in for the most part. I just don’t care. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Season 5: Caroline Pennel being eliminated broke my heart 😢

Season 6: Kristen Merlin deserved better 😒😒

Season 7: Taylor Phelan, it still hurts remembering him being eliminated so early 😔

Season 8: Mía Z (Same situation as Taylor Phelan) 

Season 9: Korin deserved to be eliminated but her elimination was so DAMN sad. She was completely broken. Madi and Amy's eliminations also hurts so bad 😩

Season 10: Emily Keener, she didn't deserve to be eliminated after that performance 😭😭

Season 11: None, really. Maybe Ali Caldwell but it didn't make me really sad. (She still deserved to make it to the finale though)

Season 12: Hunter!! 😭😭

Season 13: Janice, saddest elimination ever. RIP beautiful Queen 

Season 14: None, really 

Season 15: Watching a guy being threw under the bus by his own coach, i don't think there is nothing more depressing than that.

Season 16: Literally all the eliminations the whole season were tragic asf LOL 

Season 17: Myracle! 😢😢She deserves better 

Season 18: The Semifinal elimination still hurts my soul. It was painful 😔 

Season 19: Sid, Payge and especially, Cami 😩😩

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, I gotta add, Janice Freeman's elimination. I was literally brought to tears upon her elimination. Also, Myracle Holloway's. They both did not deserve to go home that early. Janice's song wasn't her best though on the IS but she doesn't deserve to be in that IS at all imo, her "The Story" performance was really really good. Meanwhile, Myracle's performance was obviously MILES better than Shane's. America got it wrong for both of them.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the saddest for me are when the artist didnt even made it to the lives and didnt have the posibility to face PV 

 

1- Kelsie Watts 

2- Marisa Corvo 

3- Emily Luther 

4- Jake Wells 

5- Ciara Dumas 

6- Natalie Brady 

7- Jorge Eduardo 

8- Moriah 

9- Marina Chello 


other lives eliminatons: MaKenzie Thomas, Amanda Brown, Noah Mac, Janice Freeman

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

xuOJDxK.png

Michael Sanchez and Ryan Quinn. 💔 

 

Their back-to-back early eliminations were the reason I think TPTB hexed my snowflakes to not go far after I got two of them in the S9 finale. I never had a snowflake go in the finale until Season EIGHTEEN.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Michael Sanchez´s elimination is widely considered to be one of the biggest robberies of the show, and rightly so, he deserved to advance. The blow is a bit less for me because he at least left on a very high note with that KO.

 

After his elimination, a bunch of Youtube commenters would just comment "Michael Sanchez was robbed" on random Voice videos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Mine would be:


Claire DeJean (hated that they gave her that song. She had so much potential of doing well with a singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell type of run and it went to waste :( her blind was gorgeous)

Katrina Cain (same with Claire but with a more indie genre. She could’ve been on Blake’s top 3 had she slayed her knockout)

Reagan Strange (obviously unpopular lol but I was sad that one of my favorites left with such a low note for something that wasn’t even her fault)

Brooke Stephenson/Brennan Lassiter (both SLAYED the blinds only to go home and be montaged the same night?!?! It was hard for me)

Gracee Shriver (for obvious reason, I hated Blake that night)

Rose Short (I went into the finale fully expecting Rose not to win, but it was still hard to not see her win when she outperformed in so many live show weeks)

Zan Fiskum (Yeah she wasn’t making it but her slayage (even with that horrible Camila song) and the Instant Save killer performance made me sad she didn’t make it, she was one of the most talented vocalists that season)

Same with Allegra^ I thought she could make finale :(

Thunderstorm and Toneisha (after my faves had gone home the week before seeing them BOTH in the top 3 and neither winning was tough)

Lauren Frihauf (I genuinely thought she won that knockout. However knowing weeks in advance her fate made it less sad)

Chloe Hogan (her going home after OWNING the night before was a crime and I was sad she didn’t even get to perform for the Instant Save)

Payge Turner (say hat you want about her playoffs performance, I loved it, but you have to admit her relationship with Gwen has been one of the most interesting ones to watch in recent seasons. I really wanted to see a duet and honestly the story Gwen posted afterwards about being sad Payge didn’t move on was even harder for me lol.

Cami Clune (she slayed that Instant Save, she deserved to move on idc)

Desz (she wasn’t winning but she sure deserved to place higher)

 

I guess these eliminations were more of a mix of emotions for me lol 

You are positively overflowing with taste! I was really sad about Claire and Katrina b/c they both had stunning BAs but bad KOs in part due to song choice. Pretty much all of the rest as well, even the unbolded ones (except TStrom).

 

1 hour ago, Feder said:

the saddest for me are when the artist didnt even made it to the lives and didnt have the posibility to face PV 

 

1- Kelsie Watts 

2- Marisa Corvo 

3- Emily Luther 

4- Jake Wells 

5- Ciara Dumas 

6- Natalie Brady 

7- Jorge Eduardo 

8- Moriah 

9- Marina Chello 


other lives eliminatons: MaKenzie Thomas, Amanda Brown, Noah Mac, Janice Freeman

Agreed on these

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

There have been others I've been sad about, but none like Allegra's yet. (Also, it seems I have the curse of having my favorite being elim'd in the IS before the Finale; first Allegra than Cami. Hoping my favorite goes the finale this season!)

Allegra's and Cami's eliminations hurt. Allegra's hurt more for me though because I genuinely thought that she had a chance at getting in the finale, because of those comparisons with Brynn and the fact that the coaches kept calling Allegra's tone a "finale tone". Cami's elimination hurt but was expected. 😪

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Amanda Brown(Like how did she get eliminated even after SLAYING A Natural Woman).

2. Reagan Strange

3. Kyndal Inskeep

 

Now in no particular order:

 

- Amber Carrington(All of the finalists were well deserved tho).

- Bryana Salaz

- James David Carter

- Jean Kelly

- Taylor John Williams

- Madi Davis

- Michael Sanchez

- Hunter Plake

- Lilli Passero

- Noah Mac

- Pryor Baird

- Domenic Haynes 

- Mari

- Kalvin Jarvis

- Jake Haldenvang

- Corey Jackson

- Levi Watkins

 

Cami and Sid's we're kinda expected so it wasn't that sad for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

You are positively overflowing with taste! I was really sad about Claire and Katrina b/c they both had stunning BAs but bad KOs in part due to song choice

Thanks! Ditto! I feel like these two in particular are overlooked in idf (and everywhere lol) I blame TPTB double montaging them (kind of? Considering their knockouts heavily shortened)

Also fun fact, I remember Cecily Hennigen from S16 in a live saying that she attended the taping for the S15 battles (or at least she indirectly said it) and said she got to see Katrina vs Rachel and it was one of her favorite battles of The Voice all time. I really would’ve liked to hear Katrina sing “Angel” fully but oh well 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...