@*Chris - 11/20

@Elliott - 12/20

@jarmon - 14/20

@rdhaley96 - 14/20

@Solaris - 16/20

@FrogLenzen - 16/20

@*Diana - 17/20

Alex

Glad to see #TeamMya on the right side of history here. I'm sorry but this performance was in a completely different league than everything else in this round. Throw this performance in an ABC season and you could make a case for it being the winner of that season.

Wally

I am definitely shook but very pleased that Lisa Tucker got a performance in the Final 20 for the Season 5 round. Lisa was my original favorite of season 5 after her audition and I felt she had a strong start on the earlier stages of the show, with “I Am Changing” being proof of that. This is often regarded as her best performance - sometimes this is my favorite from her but I also really love “Here’s Where I Stand” and sometimes consider that my favorite from her too.

Lisa delivered such a strong and powerful vocal performance well beyond her young age of 16 that it was seriously so impressive. I like how she starts off the song so softly but then she showcases so much of her vocal range as the performance continues. I especially love all of the belting she does towards the middle to end of the performance where she sings:

But I need you, I need you, I need a hand.

I am changing

I'll get my life together now.

I am changing, yes, I know how.

I'm gonna start again.

I'm gonna leave my past behind.

I'll change my life.

I'll make a vow.

And Nothings gonna stop me now.....

I love how she drags out those “I am changing” lyrics. I love all of that range & power in her voice here. Lisa does not sing…. she SANG this song! :omg:  I was sad to lose some performances I love even more in the final vote but I am glad that this did manage to make it in here.

Reason for this #1 ranking: I honestly think this is above and beyond the best performance of these #20 ranked performances. This was one of the easiest #1s to figure out. This is also one of the few performances I don't think should have been ranked at #20 in its original set of performances and deserved better there. I would really love to see this win as I feel it's deserving of that. But Lisa isn't really a big name/favorite on here, like Carrie, Diana, Carly, Colton, JAX (even though some of those are polarizing), etc, so I think that could work against Lisa for having this performance win. I hope I'm wrong but if not, I just hope this can at least be in the Top 5!

Lily

Glad that Lisa was #20 because I feel like it led to her being one of the stronger performances of a bad bunch. Is it a flawless vocal? Not necessarily but I felt her heart in this one.

Gigi

Underrated and she was sadly eliminated too soon.

Crisis

Objectively, this is the strongest performance from a vocal standpoint in this set. This was Lisa at her best during the season, and it’s unfortunate she couldn’t stay at this level. I just have it at #2 because I enjoyed one performance over it.

Nico

Good for a high school talent show, passable for Idol standards, superb given its current competition

Steven

This was a good performance from Lisa. It showed her potential and how she could've been a contender. She didn't end up making it far in the competition, but this was still an impressive showing from her.

Amanda

Lisa did a good job with this. Definitely her best performance on the show.

QK

There was a whole lot of meh in this performance so I get why it's here lol. But some how I feel like this might win or at least do really well.

Zoey

Lisa’s only good performance.

Andrew

I liked this

Chris

While not the clearest vocal performance, this is certainly Lisa Tucker's best performance on Idol & one of the better one from this crop of performances. 

Elliott

It was decent, vocally speaking. I think this was the performance with the highest average of the last placers (sans S18 for obvious reasons.)

Akshar

I wish she just gave us some more power and angst when she was singing this song. If she truly went all out, this could've been a moment but it just left me wanting a bit more!

Richard

This was a decent performance. A bit grating at times, but her vibrato was on full display, and she performed the song well. I think with a few more years’ experience, she could’ve been a much stronger contender.

Sola

Its okay.

Derek

After this performance I was 1000000% convinced based on the voice and the looks that she was the winner of Season 5. Then she dissolved into nothing. And tbh this was actually pretty bad

Diana

meh is what I think of her and this performance

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #3 Posted)
On 2/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, Alex95 said:

Haley Scarnato "Tell Him"

Carly Smithson "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

Dalton Rapattoni "Bird Set Free"

Laine Hardy "Hey Jude"

Which two are fighting for biggest loser and which two are fighting for the win? All will be revealed tomorrow.

• Like 1

OMGG all of #TeamMya coming through for Lisa's "I Am Changing" without us all even knowing of doing so. :wub::dead: 

Ahh dangg "I Am Changing" robbed tho! 😢 I was really hopeful and wishing that this could have at least come in the Top 2, as I thought it was going to be a Lisa vs. Carly battle for awhile.... for #1, but I guess not. :closedeyes: I kinda had a feeling of Lisa not really being a forum favorite could have worked against her but I dunno. But still, glad this was able to make it to the Top 3, at least. ❤️ 

Pretty much agree with Alex that I thought this performance was leagues better than everything else. I still stand by that. :haha: 

8 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Predicting Carly Smithson ranked 1st & Haley Scarnato 2nd. Dalton Rapattoni 19th & Laine Hardy 20th.

These are my predictions too. :yes: 

8 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I thought this was going to win but I am okay with being wrong here though. I was 100% right about this being Wally's #1 though. :giggle:

LOL I had a feeling you were thinking this being my #1 so well done predicting that. :dead: I'm curious what you thought my #2 was as I don't know what you were thinking there. 😮 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LOL I had a feeling you were thinking this being my #1 so well done predicting that. :dead: I'm curious what you thought my #2 was as I don't know what you were thinking there. 😮 

I forgot what I thought your #2 was but I wasn't right on that one. 

37 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I forgot what I thought your #2 was but I wasn't right on that one. 

Ahhh darn. Hmmm wonder if it was Brenna's Bust Your Windows as I thought you would have thought that. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, JC said:

Lisa robbed :closedeyes:

Aww now I wish you submitted. 😢 :dead: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Ahhh darn. Hmmm wonder if it was Brenna's Bust Your Windows as I thought you would have thought that. :haha: 

Aww now I wish you submitted. 😢 :dead: 

Carly would've been 19 and Lisa would've been top 5. Haley probably would have been lower than 10 but not sure by how much Lisa lost to her by.

• Thanks 1

19. Dalton Rapattoni "Bird Set Free"

8Woipx1.png

12.8/20

Watch Here

@*Wallace - 4/20

@Steven_ - 4/20

@jarmon - 5/20

@taylorkat - 6/20

@rdhaley96 - 10/20

@*Lily - 10/20

@Alex95 - 13/20

@*Diana - 13/20

@Crisis - 15/20

@Elliott - 15/20

@*Amanda - 15/20

@sublymonal - 15/20

@QueenKalie - 16/20

@Solaris - 17/20

@*Chris - 17/20

@Zoey - 18/20

@NGM - 18/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

Wally

I'm not really big on Dalton, but I did always really like/kinda loved his "Bird Set Free" performance. I am kinda glad that Victoria was able to convince Elliott to push this through, if we were to have 1 Dalton performance here, I was wanting it to be this one so yay.  Dalton sang the only Sia song I didn't really know but I thought he gave a very engaging and emotional performance. It was quite ~emo, actually. But that works for him. I thought he gave a very good vocal and I think of this as his best vocal (or one of them). I do love the chorus and how he sings that part, starting off with the "I don't care if I sing off-key," which I am sure many rankers will comment on there. I do like how he builds this up on the second verse and around the second chorus. Yeah some of his belting notes weren't perfect but it didn't matter to me here as he was reallly emotionally invested in the performance. It was truly moving and a great moment for him.

Reason for this #4 ranking: I know Dalton isn't well liked here but I did think this was a pretty good performance from him. I was fine with this making the Top 20 for Season 15 as I thought this was his best performance. I do think this is amongst the better performances of this group and my 4th favorite as I prefer the other 3 I ranked above. I have no idea if this will make the Top 10 - probably not but I hope it can.

Steven

He doesn't care if he sings off-key. Jokes aside, I did like this performance and arrangement of "Bird Set Free," even though I didn't care for the rest of Dalton's Idol run. He did pour his heart out and delivered a moving performance here, and it was his standout moment on the show.

Akshar

A pretty good performance from Dalton. He started off really strong and stayed that way throughout, a wonderful showing of his voice. I just never cared for Dalton but I can appreciate his voice in this last place rankdown.

Gigi

His best performance and it shouldn't have been last.

Richard

This was a perfectly satisfactory performance. Nothing special at all, but he sang this decently and delivered the performance with a nice tone and good stage presence. In this crop, that’s enough to rank here for me.

Lily

Fine I guess, but was my #20 for a reason the last time. Just not really my cup of tea.

Alex

I can't believe how high I ranked this :wacko:. Look obviously it's objectionable awful, but it was more fun than a lot of the boring and awful performances I ranked below this. He embraced the mess. It's the little things sometimes!

Diana

Dalton is just meh to him.

Crisis

While this was Dalton’s best performance of the season, it doesn’t measure up to most of the other ones here. He just tried too hard with both his singing and stage presence.

Elliott

This was Dalton's best, but I still don't think it was that good.

Amanda

Easily Dalton's best performance, but still not something I'd consider very good.

Andrew

I mean, it’s fine. It wouldn’t be in my Top 20 from that season.

QK

I am guessing Elliott or JC stanned this guy and that's why he is here? Anyways it's a no from me dog. 

Sola

This is probably my least favorite of the performances that I ranked 20th that are on this list.

Chris

I don't really care for Dalton but I will give it to him that this one was one of his most authentic performance. But the vocals ? It's a big no. 

Zoey

No thank you.

Nico

I still can't believe he somehow made it to third place with this level of mediocrity. Boy band fodder at best

Derek

I refuse to watch this in full

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #19 Posted)

Lmaoo well I'm glad "Bird Set Free" didn't come in last. :dead: I don't care much for Dalton but still always genuinely really liked this. But yeah I know I'm in the minority with this performance but still think it's better than 19th.... but was expecting it on the lower end. At least there are a few others that agree with me here. :haha: 

LOL Alex's comment does crack me up here. :lmao: LOL QK's comment.... although he's partially right - Elliott doesn't stan Dalton but I believe he did advance this with Victoria for the S15 round although yeah that was surely her idea there.  

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LOL QK's comment.... although he's partially right - Elliott doesn't stan Dalton but I believe he did advance this with Victoria for the S15 round although yeah that was surely her idea there.  

Thanks for the clarification I figured it was a thirst advance but I didn't consider Victoria when it came to that. :giggle:

20. Laine Hardy "Hey Jude"

OIoJZF0.png

15.3/20

Watch Here

@Solaris - 6/20

@*Diana - 7/20

@sublymonal - 9/20

@Elliott - 11/20

@rdhaley96 - 12/20

@Zoey - 15/20

@NGM - 16/20

@*Amanda - 16/20

@jarmon - 17/20

@*Wallace - 17/20

@Crisis - 17/20

@FrogLenzen - 17/20

@taylorkat - 18/20

@QueenKalie - 18/20

@Steven_ - 19/20

@Alex95 - 20/20

@*Lily - 20/20

@*Chris - 20/20

Sola

I remember not being very happy when Laine only had 1 performance in the finals.  Now with recent events, probably for the best.  That said I do like this performance. 

Diana

pretty performance

Andrew

Laine is 🥴 nowadays but he got done dirty in that Rankdown too

Elliott

smh at Laine not getting his best performances in the final vote. This was okay. Laine's gone off the deep end so I don't care anymore.

Richard

This was fine. I never really had strong feelings about Laine as a contestant; none of his performances stand out as memorable to me, and really, I think of his collective run as a sort of amorphous blob of averageness. This performance fits right in with that.

Zoey

He didn’t have my favourite voice.

Nico

LMAO he got swallowed whole by the band

Amanda

Of all the Laine performances, THIS is the one his fans decided to advance? His actually good performance of Hurricane was right there.

Akshar

Part of me really wanted to just rank him last because of that scandal he's involved in. But, there's some performances that are truly worst than this so he got lucky, anyways I wouldn't be mad if he ranked 20th lol.

Wally

I like Laine well enough but hmm the two performances of his that made it to the finals aren't either of my favorites from him. I would have preferred having "Hurricane" and "Johnny B. Goode" as his performances his here as I thought those were a stronger representative of his run. This was a nice heartfelt performance but hmmm, I wasn't crazy or too fond of some of his vocals in places of this performance. His voice sounded kinda rapsy and like he was struggling to hit some of the higher notes. I did like how he moved around the stage and had fun towards the end because it was a little boring before that. All in all, this was alright but not one of his standouts.

Reason for this #17 ranking: This was kinda fun from Laine but it's not really a standout. I don't really know why I have it here. I enjoy it more than the ones I have above it. Although this could have been brought down a spot and swapped around with my #18.

Crisis

Hey Jude is a difficult song to truncate, so it’s not one fitting for a setting like these singing competitions. With that said, Laine could’ve done more than what he did.

Derek

Him being a bad person has nothing to do with why he was a bad winner

Gigi

Just another boring cover of a great song by The Beatles.

QK

Well this dude is a creaper and for that reason alone he gets a bad ranking. But also this performance sucked anyways. 

Steven

This was such a pedestrian performance. Why do the ABC Idol audience vote these milquetoast performers as the winner? Maddie, Laine, Chase, and Noah are all so bland.

Alex

This was always gonna get a low ranking from me. Terrible song choice, mediocre singing, absolutely no heart, horrific arrangement. But Laine outing him as a stalker made it very easy for me to rank him last.

Lily

Very uninspiring performance. I thought it was gonna be hard to place something under Ryan Starr but at least I'll remember that god-awful trainwreck after tonight.

Chris

Even without everything that happened in the last few months, I would still have had ranked this performance in the bottom as I really can't stand his rendition of this great song. 

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #20 Posted)

I wonder what the results would have been pre-controversy with Laine. I think he'd still be very low, but I'm not sure about dead last. But it seems like it didn't factor into that many people's rankings, and he was last by A LOT, so maybe he still would have been.

13 minutes ago, NGM said:

I wanted this to end dead last but the stalker getting it is fine too

If you wanted it dead last, why did you rank it 18th? :dead: 

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Thanks for the clarification I figured it was a thirst advance but I didn't consider Victoria when it came to that. :giggle:

Never count out Miss Victoria. ❤️