American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

6. Carrie Underwood "Independence Day" (Reprise)

oM0FOPd.png

9.2/20

Watch Here

@*Diana - 1/20

@taylorkat - 1/20

@Solaris - 1/20

@rdhaley96 - 1/20

@Steven_ - 1/20

@*Chris - 3/20

@jarmon - 4/20

@*Lily - 5/20

@*Amanda - 9/20

@*Wallace - 10/20

@FrogLenzen - 11/20

@NGM - 12/20

@Crisis - 14/20

@Zoey - 17/20

@Elliott - 18/20

@Alex95 - 19/20

@sublymonal - 19/20

@QueenKalie - 20/20

Diana

better than the rest by a mile to me

Gigi

This was most likely last due to being a reprise, but it's the best performance here for me easily.

Sola

Did I do this?  Sure as hell did, and I stand by that after Angels Brought Me Here got cut.  Still a great performance and I hope it places decently in this ranking. Did we need 2 Independence Days in the finale?  I say heck yes. The doors I opened. I gotta back my girl.

Richard

Not quite as good as her first rendition, but this was still very good. She came across as very comfortable on stage, and her vocal minus a few pitch issues was spot-on. I assume this was placed last because it was a reprise, but on its own merits, I don’t agree with the low placement.

Steven

Carrie's Top 10 week "Independence Day" performance was better, but this was still solid. Her voice soars on the chorus; that's my favorite part of this performance. The whole performance just didn't come together perfectly like it did before. But I do like this performance better than everything else here, even though it's not one of my favorites from her Idol journey. Carrie has an amazing voice and she's my favorite singer ever, so of course I'm giving her my #1 ranking.

Chris

Not as good as the original performance but it was certainly not the worst performance of Season 4 nor from this Bottom 20 ; It's probably one of the better one from this crop of performances.

Akshar

Yeah, this was a lovely performance from Carrie. Carrie sounded great here and sang this song with such ease and delivered a great vocal. I really loved this performance.

Lily

Was only really my #20 the last time because there was no need for two of the same performances in the same endgame. Now it is by itself, it's fine.

Amanda

I know I dragged its inclusion in the context of season 4, but I love Carrie and like this performance more than those below it so I placed it here.

Wally

I know the reason why Sola put this through into the finals but there was really no need for the "Independence Day" reprise to be here. Of the Carrie options left, we could have had “Trouble” in its spot in the Top 20 instead. :broken: Anyway, this was good but not nearly as great or strong as the original version. I found the first half of this performance to be underwhelming but she build it up and powered through with some great goals on the second half.

Reason for this #10 ranking: While I still stand by this wasn't needed to be in the Finals for Season 4's round, I guess it works for this kind of round. This performance wasn't as good as its original but it was still a fairly good Carrie performance. I expect lots of high and some low rankings for this but for me, this ranks around the middle at 10th.

Derek

I feel like this will be the most polarizing of the bunch lol

Nico

Painfully average and just showboating for Carrie to belt big, long notes.

Crisis

This certainly was not as good as her original version, but it’s not among the worst here despite being near the bottom of my rankings.

Zoey

Why did this make the finals the first time?

Elliott

This had no business making its Top 20.

Alex

A worse rendition of a performance I already hate.

Andrew

Why did this make the Top 20

QK

It's a reprise so I didn't want to rank it high and let some reprise win I would rather see something super random win instead. 

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #6 Posted)

Those rankings for "Independence Day (reprise)" were to be pretty much expected. Probably has the most #1 rankings, then Top 5 rankings, then some middle rankings and then lots of low rankings. So yeah this was probably amongst the more polarizing performances in rankings. :haha:  I'm just surprised (but glad) it didn't get more #20s, as I think I was expecting 3 there lol.

3 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

How am I the only one to rank that #20. :dead:

That surprised me too. :haha: 

16. Dillon James "Change the World"

kKByaMz.png

12.6/20

Watch Here

@jarmon - 3/20

@rdhaley96 - 3/20

@FrogLenzen - 4/20

@NGM - 5/20

@Crisis - 10/20

@sublymonal - 11/20

@*Wallace - 12/20

@Solaris - 12/20

@Elliott - 13/20

@Zoey - 14/20

@QueenKalie - 14/20

@Steven_ - 16/20

@*Amanda - 17/20

@Alex95 - 18/20

@*Chris - 18/20

@*Diana - 19/20

@taylorkat - 19/20

@*Lily - 19/20

Akshar

I love zaddy Dillon. He's so attractive and yes, this is partly a thirst ranking but I also did enjoy most of his performances during this run and this was a fine performance, just bumping him up a little.

Richard

Dillon seems to be quite underrated here. I thought this performance was really good. It didn’t hit quite as hard for me on my rewatch just now, but there’s no denying his talent and ease as a performer. 

Derek

I dislike this arrangement. And I barely like the song as well

Nico

Solid and looks even better to me due to its company

Crisis

This made the S18 Finals over Hang On, Hang On? It’s probably one of his better performances but one I can see not being all that memorable. It’s here because I’m ranking the performances based on that and not who the contestant is.

Andrew

I liked him more than I expected too and I liked this

Wally

Dillion James really didn't need 2 performances here for the Season 18 round, lmao. Randomizer reallly came through for this performance. :dead: liked this performance more than I remembered. He did make this song his own and in his own style so made it work for him. So with me liking the song, it helped me connect and enjoy this performance more - even if his other performance may be considered technically better.

Reason for this #12 ranking: I actually quite liked this and thought this was enjoyable from Dillon. Maybe because I really like the song? But I liked what he did with it and enjoyed it more than all of the performances I ranked below it despite not caring for Dillon. So this 12th ranking was easy to figure out. I expect it to show up much lower than this. Hopefully not last as I feel this deserves better than that.

Sola

I enjoy this one.

Elliott

It was fine. Which is pretty much how I felt about most of the performances that season.

Zoey

Meh.

QK

There's a long string of guys in my ranking and it was hard to seperate them because they are all just meh but I guess this guy is #14

Steven

This season's final group only had 10 performances in the end, and I think this performance was a waste of a spot for that season. This was dull.

Amanda

This is just a very boring performance.

Alex

That twang in his voice...pass!

Chris

A boring and forgettable performance from a forgettable contestant, at least his voice was decent compare to some of the other boring performances.

Diana

who the heck is Dillon?!?

Gigi

He is bland and the song choice doesn't go anywhere.

Lily

Sorry to be judgemental but as soon as I searched this up and saw the thumbnail I knew I wouldn't like this.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #16 Posted)

LOL Diana's and Lily's comments cracked me up. :dead: 

Hmm I wouldn't have minded Dillon's performance ranking higher but not mad at this ranking either. I pretty much get all the positive and negative comments on this. :haha: 

5. Breanna Steer "Bust Your Windows"

6XbYNwB.png

8.8/20

Watch Here

@*Amanda - 2/20

@Alex95 - 3/20

@Crisis - 3/20

@*Lily - 3/20

@rdhaley96 - 4/20

@*Wallace - 5/20

@jarmon - 7/20

@Elliott - 7/20

@sublymonal - 7/20

@Zoey - 9/20

@taylorkat - 10/20

@Steven_ - 11/20

@*Chris - 12/20

@NGM - 13/20

@*Diana - 14/20

@FrogLenzen - 14/20

@Solaris - 15/20

@QueenKalie - 19/20

Amanda

I really like this one, so that's good enough to get a 2nd place ranking from me here.

Alex

Janelle and the S12 men must still answer for their crimes of robbing Breanna.

Crisis

The shame of this being #20 in the S12 Round, especially with The Power of Love and The Dance in the same Top 20. This was a performance full of attitude and confidence, plus the vocals were mostly on point (it was definitely better than Lady K’s version).

Lily

Said it last time, but I simply respect anyone who has the gusto to take on Jazmine Sullivan. You're never gonna live up to such high standards, but it was a decent effort.

Richard

I wasn’t surprised to see this place last originally, but I think her placement was more on the merit of her being a semifinalist than her performance not being good, because I really liked this from her. B+ vocal, solid A performance with lots of attitude and sass. She served for me.

Wally

I'm really surprised that Breanna's "Bust Your Windows" made it to the finals, but.... I'm not too mad about it. I just wish that Aubrey could have also been in this Final 20 with her, as I was a bigger fan of hers but oh well. :haha: But I kinda like it when unexpected performances like this can make it to the end. I love this song, and like the sassy attitude that Breanna has and sells this song with. I do think she could have gotten a little feistier here as well. She sang the song well. I did really like the big power note she hit at the end. This was a pretty cool performance.

Reason for this #5 ranking: Really cool and solid performance from Breanna. This was really good but I felt bad for Breanna in the S12 round because she was up against many heavy hitter/stronger performances. I get it coming in last there. But I do think this is one of the stronger performances of this group so I placed this within my Top 5.

Akshar

Still LOL'ing that this performance made the Top 20 but she actually understood the assignment and delivered a great performance. I think I like this performance a lot more now that I'm listening to these last place finishers that I can appreciate this much more.

Elliott

ugh, Breanna was done so dirty in S12. Did we really need Lazaro, Burnell and Curtis in the Top 10 over her and Audrey and Juliana? I think not.

Andrew

A worthy winner even she didn’t make it very far

Zoey

Love how she made the finals and created a new record.

Gigi

This ended up here by default, I probably wouldn't have had it in my top 20.

Steven

This was pretty good. I think it's a performance that got better as it progressed.

Chris

The way a semi-finalist gave a better performance than the majority of the finalists in this Bottom 20.  I mean it was from being perfection vocally but at least it wasn't boring like most of the performances in the Bottom 20. 

Nico

Painfully mediocre, why was this in the Top 20 to begin with?

Diana

This performance was always a Big wtf to me and I couldn't understand why it was there In the first place

Derek

not good. ending made me lol

Sola

first off, who?  Secondly this is less heinous upon relisten.

QK

I feel like this has to be the worst song here so I will rank it #19. 

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #5 Posted)

Very pleased for Breanna making it to the Top 5 and very deserving to do so. :yes: Glad this made it so high! 

:dead:  @ Alex's comment. Also agree with Richard's comment. And don't reallly get QK's comment especially with all these performances here. :haha: 

Wow so interesting how we are down to the Top 4 and Bottom 4 now. 😮  So this all consists of Ryan, Lisa, Haley, Carly, Sam, Dalton, Laine and Cadence. 😮 

10 minutes ago, NGM said:

i have no clue what the 4th performance in the top 4 is (I'm guessing Carly, Lisa and Haley as the other 3).

This is what I'm also trying to figure out too. :dead: Those 3 seem very likely to be this high but the other 5 performances don't seem like they would be performances to get this far?

But I feel like it could either be Ryan or Cadence? Ryan could have some high votes for being a hilarious standout trainwreck + it does standout. She probably did get some high rankings regardless. But Cadence being from a later/ABC season seems strange to get this far though it was a good performance. I could see it going either way.

I highly doubt Sam, Dalton or Laine would get there.

I am going to guess Carly was the best of the worst because I wasn’t there to rank her but pulling for Lisa for the upset!

would love for Sam or Laine to win, but since they have penises I’m guessing they’re more likely to contend for #20 which I guess is more interesting

• Like 1