American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

While Katharine and Chris were the forum favorites and frontrunners, it was Elliott Yamin's rendition of Donny Hathaway's iconic "A Song For You" that snuck up the backdoor to be the favorite performance of season five. Not only did he bravely pick a difficult song, he sang it in front of Hathaway's daughter who is one of the backup singers. Elliott left Paula in tears with his performance and Simon called parts of his performance a vocal masterclass. To this day, Elliott is still known as one of the most talented singers this show has ever seen and part of that is thanks to this performance.

This performance was ranked number one by @goofycilla90 and @#jeah

• Like 3

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Elliott Yamin)

Loved Elliott Yamin's "A Song for You" and that was such an incredible performance! :omg:❤️ 

Oooh I did not know Elliott sang this in front of Donny Hathaway's daughter and that she was one of the Idol backup singers. That's really cool to learn. 😮 Surprised that this only had 2 #1 rankings, but then again with people tanking Chris and Katharine while Elliott didn't get as many tanks, it makes sense how he got the #1 spot. I believe  I had this at #2.... so yay for doing better than the last two seasons. :haha:  A deserving winning performance. :yes: 

Bon Jovi was apprehensive about Blake going 16 measures without singing on a show that highlights singers. Simon told Blake that half the audience would hate his performance. What we got instead was one of the most groundbreaking performances in Idol history. Covering "You Give Love a Bad Name", season six standout Blake Lewis changed the game of what could be expected from an Idol performance. He completely rearranged the song and decided to beatbox in the middle. All the judges applauded him for the risk, and the audience did as well as this performance helped carry him to the final two, beating out previous frontrunners LaKisha Jones and Melinda Doolittle. IDF also rewarded his risk as well naming this performance the favorite of season six.

This performance was ranked number one by @taylorkat @Elliott @Crisis @*Chris @Steven_ @sublymonal

• Like 4

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Blake Lewis)

Blake's "You Give Love a Bad Name" was certainly a memorable and groundbreaking performance, for sure! :yes: This performance did really change the game in Idol. I did prefer a few others, as I did rank this at 3rd, but still a great performance and deserving of winning. :yes: 

• Like 1

Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, showstopping, spectacular. Season 7 is known amongst many Idol fans as one of the best the series has ever seen. However, it was the resident rocker David Cook who managed to pull off the win on the show, and in this game with his cover of Chris Cornell's rendition of "Billie Jean". This performance was a gamechanger for Cook as it officially made him a frontrunner in the competition, and a forced to be reckoned with. Randy called Cook the most original contestant they've ever had and predicted he could win the whole show after it. Paula applauded him for pushing the boundaries and Simon called the performance amazing. The knives were out against this performance as it received three last place rankings and five total bottom two rankings, but it still managed to take the win.

The performance was ranked number one by @~Tom~ @FrogLenzen @.Rei @Alex95 @taylorkat @NGM @Weedy_Speedy @*Amanda @*Wallace

• Like 7

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - David Cook)

David Cook's "Billie Jean" was such a brilliant performance! :omg: :yes: And haha with as loved as S7 is, wow the drama that round was at one of its most insane rounds ever. People were really out for blood there. :dead: But so glad this performance won even with those 3 #20 rankings and yayy my 3rd #1 to have won the game at this point. 😄  And also wow 9 #1s here too. 😮 

In season eight, Kris Allen entered the final three as the underdog as the show had been pushing an Adam Lambert & Danny Gokey final two since the start of the season. However, Kris pulled off the ultimate upset after his creative cover of Kanye West's "Heartless". Kris turned the song on its head and gave new meaning to these very well known lyrics. Randy told him he preferred Kris' version to Kanye's and Simon felt Kris put himself back in the running in the competition after previously counting him out. Not only did this underdog make it to finale night, he managed to win the whole thing, and this performance is partly to thank for that.

This performance was ranked number one by @*Diana @*Wallace @1234567890 @*Amanda @JC @Weedy_Speedy

• Like 6

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Kris Allen)

KRIS!!! ❤️ My #1 All-Time AI favorite!!! :wub:

This Heartless performance was flawless but I truly stanned and fangirled every single one of his performances. He was by far the most consistent and had no bad performances but I was still STUNNED when he beat Adam. I thought one of the TCOs (Adam or Danny) would for sure win like in the past, but Kris defied the producers and slayed them! Underdog KING!!! Only time I screamed and danced like a psycho for way too long for any season in the finale.

I was stalking Kris' twitter likes the other day cause I saw he was on Idol recently with David Cook and I was wondering what he was up to and there are onlyfans girls up in his twitter likes :dead:. Did not see that coming from Mr. Wholesome Family Man lmao. You do you Kris :dead:. David Cook's was a lot more boring, just a bunch of sports stuff.

• Haha 1

Crystal Bowersox was the standout star of season nine. She managed to fill up the entire top four of this game with her performances, a feat no other Idol has accomplished. While she had many beloved performances, it was her cover of "People Get Ready" that won over the forum. Stepping out from behind her guitar, Crystal started the performance a capella and delivered a heartfelt performance that left her in tears by the end, singing to her dad who was in the audience for the first time this season. Randy gave Crystal a standing ovation for her performance and Simon called it inspirational.

This performance was ranked number one by @Crisis and @1234567890

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Crystal Bowersox)

Crystal's "People Get Ready" was a great and worthy winning performance for S9 - especially considering how chaotic and messy that game was. :dead: And S9 really was one of the messiest rounds in this game. 🤣 Also surprised that this only got 2 #1s. I do remember ranking this 2nd.

Although I do wonder how Crystal's "Up to the Mountain" and Siobhan's "Paint It, Black" would have done, as I could have seen those performances winning and being the last standing non-Crystal performance, respectively.

Let's the scene. It's final four night on season ten and Haley Reinhart has defied all the odds and multiple bottom three appearances to make it to this point. Now, she is up against three fan favorites. After a polarizing round one performance, Haley is heavily criticized by the judges, and brought back on the stage between rounds just to be told she was the only one who didn't perform up to par. Minutes later, Haley delivers her rendition of "I (Who Have Nothing)". This song was famously performed by Jordin Sparks four years back, a performance that helped clinch her the win. Thanks to some advice from Gaga, Haley gives the performance a more dramatic edge and stuns the audience. Full of power, emotion, and of course good singing, Haley blows the entire world away, even J-Lo is forced to praise her after the performance! Haley pulls another upset off this performance and beats James Durbin for a spot in the final three.

This performance was ranked number one by @Crisis @Weedy_Speedy @rdhaley96 @Elliott @hayden98 @Alex95 @taylorkat @FrogLenzen

• Like 7

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Haley Reinhart)

Haley's "1 (Who Have Nothing)" was such an amazing and memorable performance. :omg: I ranked this 2nd since I always preferred HOTRS, but this was very deserving of winning for S10.

Also 8 #1s is really impressive for this, especially that #1 from Elliott. 😮 (Which yeah I always knew he really loved this performance).

• Like 1

Queen Haley :wub:  I feel like I mostly FLOVED the early winners or HATED them. Other than Blake who I just wanted to win to be petty :giggle:

And Season 9 which I just had no interest in because it was a joke.

Edited by JC
  • Like 1