American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Interesting ranking so far… lol. At least based off of everything I’ve watched.

I’ve enjoyed Casey from what I’ve seen, but she seems very overrated here. Two of her performances I would have long-since cut at this point. 🙃

Edited by rdhaley96
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

I’ve enjoyed Casey from what I’ve seen, but she seems very overrated here. Two of her performances I would have long-since cut at this point. 🙃

Like many contestants, most of her best didn’t even make the finals 

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I am once again having a social life so top 10 will likely be tomorrow 🙈 (maybe one update late tonight depending how tired I am)

I’ll do them for you!

and totally not rig the results to be an all Casey/Makayla top 5

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jarmon said:

@rdhaley96 listen to these.

Listened. "Ironic" was good-ish. "SOTR" was better. My favorites of these ("HOTRS," "WSLM") would have most likely finished between #6-10 on my list, maybe higher for the former.

I think Casey has a really cool appeal, and I get why she's so liked around here, but I think her voice was just a couple years away from making her a true force... so I still stand by my opinion that she's overrated, lol (or at least some of her performances definitely are). And the confused reactions on my earlier post aren't exactly disproving that. :P

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

They have half of this final vote so even at my best attempt, they still have an 11/20 rankingm. :ermm: And I ranked Cassandra at 12 so.

I just know how you do. :giggle: But I was just playing around a bit. :haha: 

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

@*Wallace Anilee was the one who replaced Benson

Ooh thank you for the correction. :hug:  I totally forgot who it was but was thinking it was someone with an A name. :haha: 

Finally able to review and comment on the 15-11 set:

- I'm fine with Grace's IHN coming in at 15th. I would have been fine with this missing the finals in place of some of her others, but it was still really good of course. But pretty much agree with some comments, like Alex and Akshar. Not the most amazing version but not the worst either. 

- Ewww Gross at me ranking Grace's Love Someone the lowest and same as Elliott. Revoke my Grace stan card, y'all. :dead::haha: This was really good though but just hated how short it was as it left me wanting more. But yeah Alex's comments says how I feel regarding those original song performances being so short to get into. And preach Sola on the "Father" comment. 

- Ooh lol wow I wasn't expecting all those #20s for Hunter's performances but then again, I shouldn't be too surprised. Wow his range of rankings for this performance - 10 Top 8 rankings + 9 Bottom 6 rankings. That is all so wow there. :dead: OMGG Danggg Derek's comments.... he's reallly grilling at Hunter here. :dead: 

- Pleased with Beane's GAWG making it to 12th. I do wish I could have ranked it higher as I did really like this but this was a strong set of performances here. I like and agree with a lot of Richard's comments and agree with those that said Beane should have made it further. 

- Ugh boooo at how robbed "Stand Up" was here of not making the Top 10. :(  :broken: This is so strong and powerful from Willie. But ooooo wow I'm shook this made Elliott's Top 10 and a positive comment too... but very pleased by that! Well Akshar's reads were WAY OFF as this was by no means a contender to win or even make the Top 10. :broken: Although wow noticing a lot of #11 rankings so I guess this spot was fitting here.

5 hours ago, rdhaley96 said:

Oh very bold of you to say but I lowkey agree with you. 🙈 I was only really crazy about 1 of the Casey performances of this group of four. I did like the others but I preferred some of her cut performances (the ones Akshar mentioned + Livewire) more. 

4 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

This is true for Casey and Grace. :haha:

Oooh Grace does have "Into the Unknown" and "When We Were Young" with Casey having "Black Hole Sun." But yeah I do think both especially Casey could have had a better representation of performances.