American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" has been sung many times throughout American Idol's long run. Jessica Sanchez still managed to breathe new life into the song and wow'd the entire world with this performance. At such a young age, Jessica showed so much power and emotional maturity whilst tackling one of the most difficult songs ever recorded. The final four night on season eleven was iconic for several contestants, but it's Jessica's performance here that still stands out in people's minds. Of course, she reprises this two weeks later with Jennifer Holliday on the live finale and created one of the most iconic moments in Idol history.

This performance was ranked number one by @*Wallace @*Lily @1234567890

• Like 4

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Jessica Sanchez)

Congrats to Jessica! Winner of Cyber Idol 2 before she was made famous on Idol!!! Queen! :wub:

Honestly this was quite impressive because women in my redux had everything against them :giggle:as my male casts were much stronger and I was obvs rooting for Eli Lieb but Jessica convinced everyone else to vote for her :/ but she does have a special place in my heart since I "discovered" her before Idol ❤️  Eli was still robbed though :closedeyes:

But happy with her win here.

Edited by JC
  • Like 1

Jessica's "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" was such an amazing, iconic and memorable performance for sure! :wub: This was always my favorite performance of the season so I was super glad it won in such a competitive fan favorite season. Fantastic write-up as always from Alex! 😄 

Also yayy back to having another #1 winning after a 2 season break here, haha. My 5th #1 to win so far! :bobo: 

• Like 2

The entire country was outraged after Candice Glover was shockingly cut before the top 24 in season eleven. However, everything worked out in the end because Candice was able to come back a season later to steamroll the competition. Candice has one of the greatest voices the show has ever seen and we were able to see that with her haunting cover of "Lovesong". Full of emotion and so many different vocal intricacies, Candice made this song her moment and created one of the very few Idol Moments post-Simon. Keith Urban was bowing down to her after the performance and Mariah threw confetti at her. Randy correctly called this performance one of the greatest in Idol history.

This performance was ranked number one by @FrogLenzen @jarmon @Zoey @hayden98 @*Lily @sublymonal @Elliott @*Wallace @Solaris @Weedy_Speedy @Alex95 @*Amanda @Crisis

• Like 6

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Candice Glover)

Candice's "Lovesong" was such an amazing and iconic performance! :wub: Definitely a worthy and deserving winning performance for Season 12!

Also dangggg at 13 #1 rankings! :omg: That's incredible and sooo unheard of! Def has to be the performance with the most #1 rankings. :omg: 

Though a polarizing contestant on this site, Jena was at her best whenever she sat behind the piano and sang her heart out. This was most evident on final four night when she delivered a gorgeous cover of Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love". Jena showed off how strong her voice can get with the big moments, but showed lots of restrain and subtlety between those moments. The performance even prompted J-Lo to run up to Jena and give her a hug and a kiss she was so blown away. Despite being an underdog early in the season, Jena established her place as a frontrunner and brought her all the way to the final two.

This performance was ranked number one by @JORDAN_FAN @goofycilla90 @Elliott @1234567890 @sublymonal @FrogLenzen @Solaris @jarmon @hayden98 @*Wallace

• Like 4

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Jena Irene)
20 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Also dangggg at 13 #1 rankings! :omg: That's incredible and sooo unheard of! Def has to be the performance with the most #1 rankings. :omg: 

It was. I think second place was Haley’s.

Kelly Clarkson night was difficult for many of the contestants as they were forced to tackle songs from the most iconic star to come out of the franchise. However, Clark Beckham stepped up to the plate with a soulful rendition of "The Trouble With Love Is". Clark gave the performance his signature grit and flawlessly hit the high notes his arrangement demanded of him. J-Lo gave Clark a standing ovation for this performance and this frontrunner sailed all the way through to the finale with performances like this one.

This performance was ranked number one by @*Amanda @Elliott @Steven_ @*Wallace @*Chris @1234567890 @sublymonal

• Like 4

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Clark Beckham)
13 hours ago, Elliott said:

Me thinking about how my streak for my #1 winning would’ve been from S10-S15 if it wasn’t for Jessica Sanchez:

Over It Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

That's really impressive for you there though. 😮 

Loved Clark's "The Trouble With Love Is" and thought this was a really amazing performance from him! :yes: Very deserving of its win. 

I think this was my 4th #1 in a row and 8th #1 performance to win here. 😄  

Trent Harmon was known by the fans for his pitch perfect vocals and his stunning ability to sing in falsetto. He showed all that off and more when he took on Sia's worldwide hit "Chandelier". Singing one of the most difficult songs in the world was not a feat most Idols could pull off, but Trent succeeded with flying colors. Every note, every emotion, every run was done perfectly. The judges showered him with praise and this performance helped carry Trent on to win the whole season.

This performance was ranked number one by @FrogLenzen @*Chris @Elliott @Steven_ @sublymonal

• Like 3

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Trent Harmon)