American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Ryan Starr's You Really Got Me. The end.

I think we were talking about robbed performances that didn't make their respective Top 20s. But if anything, that performance was the robber. 😘 

17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And I was the one who ranked it 10/20. :rofl:

LOL which is so fitting as your #20s won for S2 and S4. :dead: 

23 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

But if anything, that performance was the robber. 😘 

To think I was *this* close to cutting Tamyra's A House is Not a Home with my advancement but decided to be nice to Victoria since she randomly chose my number, and this is the feedback I get from you. 🙂

On 2/20/2021 at 11:35 AM, Alex95 said:

Next person to post pick a number between 1 and 19.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:36 AM, 1234567890 said:

stranger things neon GIF by Denyse

On 2/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, Alex95 said:

Because we have an odd number of people, one person will get to act alone, and that will be whoever's number 11. Immunities are up so everything is eligible to either be advanced or be cut.

TgAF3Y4.png

On 2/20/2021 at 11:48 AM, Elliott said:

Advance Ryan Starr - “You Really Got Me”

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

To think I was *this* close to cutting Tamyra's A House is Not a Home with my advancement but decided to be nice to Victoria since she randomly chose my number, and this is the feedback I get from you. 🙂

Why you gotta bring me into this? :dead: But yesss, I am very grateful you didn't cut AHINAH and I'll gladly suffer through YRGM being there so that AHINAH make the finals. :haha: 

Known as the country girl, Carrie Underwood shocked the nation when she chose "Alone" by Heart for billboard number ones night in season four. Carrie's risk paid off as she showed off her rocker side and her versatility. Simon made the bold prediction that she would win the show and go on to sell more records than any previous Idol winner. Simon was correct as this performance helped Carrie sail to victory and become one of the most successful Idols of all-time, also being able to win this game despite the performance being polarizing on this site and having three last place rankings.

This performance was ranked number one by @*Diana @Solaris @*Chris @taylorkat @~Tom~ @Weedy_Speedy @*Amanda @Steven_

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners Revisited - Carrie Underwood)

I was looking forward to seeing Alex say positive objective comments on Carrie's "Alone." :giggle: 

This was an iconic and fantastic performance from Carrie, and really changed things for her future in the competition and led her to her successful post-Idol career. :yes: :wub: And yeah there was definitely a lot of drama regarding S4, which was crazy. But still this was an amazing and deserving performance to win. I believe I had this at #3.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I was looking forward to seeing Alex say positive objective comments on Carrie's "Alone." :giggle: 

Me typing up the writeup knowing it should've been about Nadia Turner

upisnotjump-angry.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Simon's comments are slightly more iconic than the actual performance, but this will always be an Idol Moment™

Is Carrie now ahead of Kelly for record sales? I think so?

The YouTube comments on the video seemed to say she was but idk. Carrie's consistently putting out new music while Kelly seems to be more in the entertainment industry as a talk show host and Voice judge so I feel like it's Carrie, but I can't say for sure.

8 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Simon's comments are slightly more iconic than the actual performance, but this will always be an Idol Moment™

In the U.S., Carrie has sold more. But worldwide, Kelly has sold more. Or I believe it's something like that.

6 minutes ago, NGM said:

someone bring back Alex's write-up for Alone just bc it's funny af

3 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

it was pretty much this:

Half Baked GIF - Half Baked Fuck You - Discover & Share GIFs

omggg Alex's write-up was really something else. 🙈 :dead: 

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Me typing up the writeup knowing it should've been about Nadia Turner

upisnotjump-angry.gif

Awww I thought you gave it a good objective write-up. :haha: 🤣

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Domestically, yes, but Kelly is by far the highest selling globally.

According to recent information - if we take album, alone :

Carrie - That thrust Underwood, who has sold 66 million albums worldwide, into the top spot as the first residency. (Billboard / December 2021)

Kelly - In total, kelly Clarkson has sold 25 million copies of her albums. (Screenrant / May 2021)

I think Kelly gets more for selling singles worldwide though - 45 millions to be exact. 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

According to recent information - if we take album, alone:
Carrie - That thrust Underwood, who has sold 66 million albums worldwide, into the top spot as the first residency. (Billboard / December 2021)

Kelly - In total, kelly Clarkson has sold 25 million copies of her albums. (Screenrant / May 2021)

I feel like I always hear about Kelly being the one with more global sales, but how does she only get ~12 million more if Carrie's at ~50 million more? O.o

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I feel like I always hear about Kelly being the one with more global sales, but how does she only get ~12 million more if Carrie's at ~50 million more? O.o

I wonder where they got their numbers as it's not even closed to what I get from WIKI. 

From my calculation from the sales part on Wikipedia, US & WW combine, I'd say Carrie is ~36 Millions & Kelly is ~25 Millions .