• Alicia keys
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Usher
    • Nick Jonas
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Ceelo green
    • Jennifer Hudson
    • Shakira
  2. 2. Who was the best female coach to be on the voice ?

• Alicia keys
    • Kelly Clarkson
    • Shakira
    • Jennifer Hudson
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Alicia keys
    • Gwen Stefani
  3. 3. Out of these four who would you pick ?

• Blake
    • Kelly
    • John
    • Nick

Worst: John has made some bizarre decisions, but he has his moments of good coaching. Same goes for Pharrell. Shakira, on the other hand....Voted for her. 

Best female: In terms of strategy, it´s definitely Kelly. She has learned quickly how to play the game, and actually knows what to do with country artists unlike everyone else excluding Blake. In terms of improvement and risk taking, it´s Alicia no doubt.

Picking: I would go with Blake since I´m pretty comfortable with country and his laid back attitude in the sessions is right up my alley lol. Plus, you know, the fanbase, and possible Ol´ Red gigs. (This is all hypotetical if I ever were to turn a chair, which I´m definitely not lol)

Edited by Misirlou

Worst: CeeLo by default. Pharrell, John, Shakira and Adam all get dishonorable mentions.

Best: Kelly is my favorite coach personality-wise (and she did good this season), but for the best coach I voted Xtina, Alicia being a close second. Best coach overall is Usher by far.

PS: I really want to know people’s reasonings for NOT voting CeeLo as the worst coach.

Edited by Daillon

Worst: I chose John Legend because he doesn’t support his artists after the show AND he makes horrible pairing decisions in the Battles and Knockouts. 

Best Female: Not me having to pick between Kelly and Christina. :no: I chose Kelly though because of the dedication she exhibits to her contestants, even when they are off the show. *looks for a best male option* :lmao:

My Pick: Assuming I turned four chairs (which would honestly never happen), I would probably pick either Nick or Kelly, depending on who gave the better pitch. I voted for Nick in the poll because I voted for Kelly in question #2 and I honestly think it wouldn’t be physically possible for me to give up a chance to work with him (but then again, those Team Kelly jackets are 🔥.) 

• Like 1

PS: I really want to know people’s reasonings for NOT voting CeeLo as the worst coach.

He did suck, but I thought he did a decent job with Juliet Simms and Nicholas David, two of my favorites on the show ever. Not to mention he had a good ear in the blinds. We wouldnt have had artists like Nicholas, Amanda Brown, Jamar Rogers, Cole Vosbury if it wasn´t for him, since he´s the only one that turned for them.

Whereas I don´t think Shakira knew how to handle any of her contestants.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

Worst: Shakira - she was fun to watch but struggled a lot with getting songs that fit her contestants well and made some questionable decisions in both seasons. She's also the only coach in the franchise's history to never make the finale (granted, Kristen in S6 should've been there over other artists Jake Worthington, but that isn't the topic of this thread).

Strongest Female Coach: Alicia. See her S14 playoffs team if you want to know why. 

Strongest Male Coach: Usher. I like Blake as a coach, don't get me wrong, but Usher's a great balance of good chemistry with the rest of panel and being the coach that's laid back enough to trust his artists while pushing them to be their best and knowing how to get songs that fit his team (the only exception being Bria Kelly, but that's once again not the topic of this thread).

Who I'd Pick: If we ignore the fact I sound like a dying walrus when I sing and have crippling stage fright, I'd go with Blake - the fanbase helps if I somehow make the lives even though I'd be 110% battle fodder  and he's got a very dry sense of humor and quick with that matches mine. That and I'm pretty comfortable with country/folk rock types of songs.

Worst coach: Shakira.  Both times, she got rid of her best artists repeatedly and kept bringing her worst ones to the Lives.  It's part of why she's still the only coach never to have had a finalist.  Ever.

Best female coach: Alicia.  Her three teams have all been stacked and loaded with talent, and she's the only one of the female coaches to have a perfect record in terms of getting at least one of her artists to the finale.

Whom I'd pick: Nick.  Always Nick.  I know that Blake has the Blakers behind him, but he'd drop me fast, anyway, since I'm no country singer.  Kelly would hang on to someone who fascinates her over me, and so would John.  So . . . Nick.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

CeeLo does suck for reasons not related to the show, but in terms of the show itself, at least he's managed to get a finalist, despite never winning.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rodney said:

CeeLo does suck for reasons not related to the show, but in terms of the show itself, at least he's managed to get a finalist, despite never winning.

He only got Nicholas to the finale without coach quotas iirc. And his song choices for several of his contestants were really questionable.

I do see why some people would think Shakira is a worse coach tho.

Worst coach: Shakira (never made the finale, questionable decisions,  bad pitches in BAs)

Best Female Coach: Christina (for me her decisions are not upsetting, see how her Season 8 Team, she pushed AA singers to make impressive performances regardless if they don't appeal much to the general voters.) Tbh I don't care much for strategies, but most of her artist that got far never failed to amuse me. Alicia as a runner-up for my best female coach.

Best Male Coach (Why there's no poll of this here?) : Are you assuming Blake is the Best Male coach? 🤨 I will agree with you though, most wins, if not winning, always runner up except S5 and S14. But performance-wise I will say Adam because most of the artist in his Team in older seasons (1-10) are really good and you can see it in the performances.

I will turn 4-Chairs😂😂 and If I will pick a coach between Kelly, John, Nick and Blake, I wil pick Nick. 😂😂

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Worst coach: Shakira (never made the finale, questionable decisions,  bad pitches in BAs)

Best Female Coach: Christina (for me her decisions are not upsetting, see how her Season 8 Team, she pushed AA singers to make impressive performances regardless if they don't appeal much to the general voters.) Tbh I don't care much for strategies, but most of her artist that got far never failed to amuse me. Alicia as a runner-up for my best female coach.

Best Male Coach (Why there's no poll of this here?) : Are you assuming Blake is the Best Male coach? 🤨 I will agree with you though, most wins, if not winning, always runner up except S5 and S14. But performance-wise I will say Adam because most of the artist in his Team in older seasons (1-10) are really good and you can see it in the performances.

I will turn 4-Chairs😂😂 and If I will pick a coach between Kelly, John, Nick and Blake, I wil pick Nick. 😂😂

Lmao yes I already knew everyone was going to say Blake 

In my opinion, The best coach male or female is Blake Shelton. Best Female Coach Is Kelly no doubt, she does make some wrong decisions but they turn out to be smart. I know this is not a option but the most underrated coaches are Jennifer Hudson and Gwen Stefani, they receive a million one-2 chair turns and make their team look the strongest. The worst Coach is John Legend. Nick Jonas in season 18 made smarter decisions then him and it was Nicks first season. John can leave The Voice tbh.

7 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

In my opinion, The best coach male or female is Blake Shelton. Best Female Coach Is Kelly no doubt, she does make some wrong decisions but they turn out to be smart. I know this is not a option but the most underrated coaches are Jennifer Hudson and Gwen Stefani, they receive a million one-2 chair turns and make their team look the strongest. The worst Coach is John Legend. Nick Jonas in season 18 made smarter decisions then him and it was Nicks first season. John can leave The Voice tbh.

So it's a smart decision that she picked Tanner over Marissa and yet Tanner got eliminated in Playoffs? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

So it's a smart decision that she picked Tanner over Marissa and yet Tanner got eliminated in Playoffs? 🤣

There's only one "dumb" decision of Kelly's of which I can think that turned out to be smart.  As frustrating as it was to see them last so long, she kept on keeping Hello Sunday, and it turned out to be smart, since they were more popular with the fans than anyone had anticipated them being.

14 hours ago, Daillon said:

Worst: CeeLo by default. Pharrell, John, Shakira and Adam all get dishonorable mentions.

Best: Kelly is my favorite coach personality-wise (and she did good this season), but for the best coach I voted Xtina, Alicia being a close second. Best coach overall is Usher by far.

CeeLo’s failings were as a person, not as a coach. 

He used his producer’s ear and sense of musical extravaganza to create some epic performances. His duet of Love is a Battlefield with Vicci is the show’s best duet ever.

He also tended to turn for quirky people, which is a good thing IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

CeeLo’s failings were as a person, not as a coach. 

He used his producer’s ear and sense of musical extravaganza to create some epic performances. His duet of Love is a Battlefield with Vicci is the show’s best duet ever.

He also tended to turn for quirky people, which is a good thing IMO.

I did enjoy that about him. Regardless of what he has done tho, I still think was a terrible coach

• 1 year later...

Thought I’d revive this thread.

It’s interesting to see the dislike for John, as it seems like a lot of people on IDF have grown to like him.

I happen to really like him and his enthusiasm, and I also think he’s done a good job with a lot of his contestants. He did a good job in S21 in terms of pairings and song choices.

Worst coach for me is Nick, but I’d have to look at older seasons as I don’t remember them too well. Also Miley made some pretty bad decisions in S13, but she doesn’t have the personality of a pinky at least.

Favorites … it depends on the criteria, so it's hard to choose. I’ll have to edit this post when I make up my mind lol.

Edited by Anybody354