• Alicia keys
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Usher
    • Nick Jonas
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Ceelo green
    • Jennifer Hudson
    • Shakira
  2. 2. Who was the best female coach to be on the voice ?

• Alicia keys
    • Kelly Clarkson
    • Shakira
    • Jennifer Hudson
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Alicia keys
    • Gwen Stefani
  3. 3. Out of these four who would you pick ?

• Blake
    • Kelly
    • John
    • Nick

I love Chance, tbh. He seems so passionate about the artists, always give great response and reactions to others as well. Kala gave an incredible performance, so I can get why people hare hating on him for not picking her.

All I care on his team is Sorelle. He's doing a great great job as a coach for them. That's all I could've asked from him.

• Like 1

Let’s take a look at Chance the Rapper‘s Resume

-Dropped NOIVAS in the Battle Rounds 

-Waited too long to use a steal and stole Tiana Goss after that battle

-Dropped NariYella in the Knockout Rounds

-Eliminated Kala Banham in Playoffs after giving the best performance of the team

Chance, you’re fired

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Let’s take a look at Chance the Rapper‘s Resume

-Dropped NOIVAS in the Battle Rounds 

-Waited too long to use a steal and stole Tiana Goss after that battle

-Dropped NariYella in the Knockout Rounds

-Eliminated Kala Banham in Playoffs after giving the best performance of the team

Chance, you’re fired

In defense of Chance:

-Dropping NOIVAS in the Battles: Definitely a strange decision, but clearly Ray is someone he connects with more. I think that he probably realized that he wasn't the right coach for NOIVAS and that he was more able to work with someone like Ray.

-Stealing Tiana: To be fair, his first attempt at a steal was EJ, then later D Smooth. If he had waited longer than Tiana, his options would've been Sheer Element (he already had a trio though), Talia, or Katie Beth. It's not like he CHOSE to wait too long to use his steal.

-Dropping NariYella: I hated this decision too, but Ray gave the better performance. NariYella's arrangement was so terrible. I don't know if it was Chance or production that did that to her, but whoever created her arrangement should be fired.

-Eliminated Kala: Sad, but predictable. He knew her the least. Also Sorelle, Ray, and Jamar gave equally good performances, so it was a valid decision. Team Chance (surprisingly) brought it. 

Edited by ikwonic
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

55 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

In defense of Chance:

-Dropping NOIVAS in the Battles: Definitely a strange decision, but clearly Ray is someone he connects with more. I think that he probably realized that he wasn't the right coach for NOIVAS and that he was more able to work with someone like Ray.

-Stealing Tiana: To be fair, his first attempt at a steal was EJ, then later D Smooth. If he had waited longer than Tiana, his options would've been Sheer Element (he already had a trio though), Talia, or Katie Beth. It's not like he CHOSE to wait too long to use his steal.

-Dropping NariYella: I hated this decision too, but Ray gave the better performance. NariYella's arrangement was so terrible. I don't know if it was Chance or production that did that to her, but whoever created her arrangement should be fired.

-Eliminated Kala: Sad, but predictable. He knew her the least. Also Sorelle, Ray, and Jamar gave equally good performances, so it was a valid decision. Team Chance (surprisingly) brought it. 

I understand your logic, but Kala gave the best performance on Team Chance imo.

I def think Ray beat NariYella.

1 hour ago, ikwonic said:

In defense of Chance:

My thoughts

-I preferred NOIVAS to Ray, but it seemed more like the producers wanted to move NOIVAS to Team Blake than Ray outperforming him

-Chance may have tried to steal good people, but you know who he never tried to steal? Allie Keck. I thought she would have been a great choice for a steal

-NariYella and Ray gave similar quality performances, but I preferred NariYella’s previous performances to Ray’s, and in close decisions I like to factor that in

-Sorelle, Ray and Jamar all gave decent performances, but none of them were at the level of Kala for me. Not to mention, I preferred her previous performances to any of theirs

I actually think Chance has proven himself to be one of the better coaches.

In terms of trying to win? Definitely one of the worst.

In terms of actual coaching ability and growing artists? I think he has been phenomenal in this regard.

I can't think of one person on Team Chance who gave their best performance in the Blinds. Jamar, Ray, and Sorelle have all improved tremendously under his guidance, and in my opinion all gave their best performances in the playoff round. Even Kala who has been super consistent came out and DELIVERED last night even more than she had before. Manasseh's improvement in the battles was amazing from her blind too.

Chance could have very easily stuck with NOIVAS and Nariyella into the semifinals and had a shot to win, but he went for artists he genuinely felt that he could work with and improve which I really respect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingKongWoo said:

I actually think Chance has proven himself to be one of the better coaches.

In terms of trying to win? Definitely one of the worst.

In terms of actual coaching ability and growing artists? I think he has been phenomenal in this regard.

I can't think of one person on Team Chance who gave their best performance in the Blinds. Jamar, Ray, and Sorelle have all improved tremendously under his guidance, and in my opinion all gave their best performances in the playoff round. Even Kala who has been super consistent came out and DELIVERED last night even more than she had before. Manasseh's improvement in the battles was amazing from her blind too.

Chance could have very easily stuck with NOIVAS and Nariyella into the semifinals and had a shot to win, but he went for artists he genuinely felt that he could work with and improve which I really respect.

Exactly this. He reminds me a lot of Miley in that regard. He isn't here to make strategic decisions, he's just here to choose who he thinks he can help and work with the most. I can't disrespect that. 

3 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

My thoughts

-I preferred NOIVAS to Ray, but it seemed more like the producers wanted to move NOIVAS to Team Blake than Ray outperforming him

-Chance may have tried to steal good people, but you know who he never tried to steal? Allie Keck. I thought she would have been a great choice for a steal

Totally agree that NOIVAS was "meant" to end up on Team Blake. It definitely fits this season's plotline. Maybe Blake agreed to steal NOIVAS if Chance stole one of his artists (EJ). As for Allie, she definitely EARNED a steal, but Chance would've been a really weird coach for her.

I agree that Chance's elimination of Kala was a grave mistake - but I'm not sure that puts him in "Worst Coach Ever" territory.

Like, we gotta remember two names in particular: Shakira and CeeLo.

One of Shakira's contestants literally put her on blast in an article talking about how she didn't care about any of her contestants and only pretended to in front of the cameras, to the point where everyone was jealous of Usher's team because he was so invested in his people.

CeeLo... I mean, I think his unsettling thirst over Erin Martin kinda seals that one for him. (You could bring in the significantly more questionable things he's done in his personal life [not sayin' them here, just check the "Controversies" section of his Wikipedia page], but strictly talking about his time on the show, Erin Martin is enough.)

Chance has made some questionable decisions this season, especially letting go of the strongest performer on the entire Playoffs night and arguably the performer who gave one of the entire season's best performances... but I can't say he doesn't deeply care about his contestants. He really appears to, and I've seen a lot of improvement among both Ray and Sorelle, even if I'm not a fan of Sorelle. (I actually like Ray, and I'm glad he made it.) And he doesn't give me the heebie jeebies like CeeLo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bouli said:

One of Shakira's contestants literally put her on blast in an article talking about how she didn't care about any of her contestants and only pretended to in front of the cameras, to the point where everyone was jealous of Usher's team because he was so invested in his people.

Wait, I kinda want to know the tea on this 👀

47 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Wait, I kinda want to know the tea on this 👀

It was Ddendyl  

Here is the article. You're welcome 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2014/05/20/the-voice-star-ddendyl-on-life-after-reality-tv-and-how-the-nbc-singing-show-really-operates/

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Chance has messed up pretty bad, but I´d say he still has way to go before being considered the worst. I can think of way worse mistakes made by a few others.

Talking strictly about mistakes coaches have made on the show, I'd think Adam Levine in Season 15 (with DeAndre Nico and Reagan Strange) takes the cake. Chance will never do anything that hilariously bad.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Bumping this after so long, because while I like Reba and think that she's been a breath of fresh air in terms of personality, she might be fighting it out for this distinction in terms of her decisions.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2023 at 12:26 AM, Maxwell said:

Chance is really trying his hardest to claim this title. :haha:

There is a REASON why he's called Chance The Rapper.

now it's Last Chance the Rapper, not sure if he'll be back next season

• Haha 2