Rank the teen winners

Gustavo527

Rank the teen winners  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite teen winner ever?

• Danielle Bradbery
    • Sawyer Fredericks
    • Brynn Cartelli
    • Chevel Shepherd
    • Carter Rubin

1. Sawyer (Fantastic tone, great poise, overall consistent, I still watch his performances to this day, deserving winner)

2. Chevel (Consistent every week, although her tone is not really my cup of tea. Still, can´t argue that her win was deserved.)

3. Carter (Poised and consistent every week, with the finale being his only exception. Still, great run, although it is still in doubt that his consistency would have lasted as long in a normal season.)

4. Danielle (Very raw and pitchy in her first performances, but she improved inmensly to the point of being very good. Still wouldn´t have been my pick to win by a long shot)

5. Brynn (Massively pitchy and inconsisent in the lives for me to rank her above any of the rest. Due to the poor options left, she did earn her spot in the finale, but would have ended 3th if it was up to me.)

Let's not kid ourselves, Chevel wins this hands down. I liked Sawyer as well, but he had his falters at points(still did well tho)

Chevel killed it every round and even with upbeat song choices(Top 13, Finale Solo) she still was well received by Minivan, and rightfully so.

She's underrated or blindly hated just because of IDF's precious Kennedy(who was awfully inconsistent)

I'm ready for the hate.

Also Danielle, lol she ain't anything special. Brynn is better than her. 

Carter did fine, he had amazing growth and during the Final 5, he deserved to win it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Let's not kid ourselves, Chevel wins this hands down. I liked Sawyer as well, but he had his falters at points(still did well tho)

Chevel killed it every round and even with upbeat song choices(Top 13, Finale Solo) she still was well received by Minivan, and rightfully so.

Chevel was the most consistent but according to the the author everyone is supposed to rank them in order of who is their personal favorite not in order of who is actually better.  :giggle:

8 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Since Carter recently won, I made this to know who is the favorite teen winner on IDF. So, let´s go

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

She's underrated or blindly hated just because of IDF's precious Kennedy(who was awfully inconsistent)

I'm ready for the hate.

Also Danielle, lol she ain't anything special. Brynn is better than her. 

Carter did fine, he had amazing growth and during the Final 5, he deserved to win it.

I can accept that people have preferences of genre, style, tone or whatever. What I can’t accept is how Kennedy’s IDF “fanbase” dropped her like a hot potato as soon as the confetti dropped. Her name only gets brought up in discussions of “ROBBERY!” Nobody here seems particularly interested in what she’s been up to since she was on the show.   Obviously, this is one of the main issues with singing shows. They’re basically viewed as game show contestants, at this point, including the winners. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I can accept that people have preferences of genre, style, tone or whatever. What I can’t accept is how Kennedy’s IDF “fanbase” dropped her like a hot potato as soon as the confetti dropped. Her name only gets brought up in discussions of “ROBBERY!” Nobody here seems particularly interested in what she’s been up to since she was on the show.   Obviously, this is one of the main issues with singing shows. They’re basically viewed as game show contestants, at this point, including the winners. 

I was never big on Kennedy, even though I admit "Confident" was excellent. That being said, IDF went rooting for her in the finale in most cases solely because she was the sole non country artist there. Hell, I remember IDF abandoning her for Mackenzie during lives and only returning to her for the reason I mentioned above. Not to mention that Chris and Kirk, probably the two most hated males that season besides Tyke, finished ahead of her. That´s what the whole robbery thing is about, but yeah I don´t think her fanbase (does she have one?) has been updated with anything she has done after the show, not even some covers or something.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I was never big on Kennedy, even though I admit "Confident" was excellent. That being said, IDF went rooting for her in the finale in most cases solely because she was the sole non country artist there. Hell, I remember IDF abandoning her for Mackenzie during lives and only returning to her for the reason I mentioned above. Not to mention that Chris and Kirk, probably the two most hated males that season besides Tyke, finished ahead of her. That´s what the whole robbery thing is about, but yeah I don´t think her fanbase (does she have one?) has been updated with anything she has done after the show, not even some covers or something.

I think much of IDF actually liked Kirk early on, but that quickly evaporated once the live shows started. During the lives, he was the most pimped contestant by far, and didn’t do anything at all to earn it. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think much of IDF actually liked Kirk early on, but that quickly evaporated once the live shows started. During the lives, he was the most pimped contestant by far, and didn’t do anything at all to earn it. 

I love his tone and I was convinced he was going to win it all after his KO, but as soon as the lives started, it seemed like another person was singing.

The thing is, they pimped him hard because he needed it, while TPTB was convinced Kennedy was already a lock. But there came an unexpected obstacule: Chris.

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I love his tone and I was convinced he was going to win it all after his KO, but as soon as the lives started, it seemed like another person was singing.

The thing is, they pimped him hard because he needed it, while TPTB was convinced Kennedy was already a lock. But there came an unexpected obstacule: Chris.

What a legend. 😍

TPTB did him no favors but he still overcame all the obstacles and made the finale as he shouldve.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep, much of the support Kirk gained from the country fans and Blake stans in the pre-lives eventually defected to Chris and to a greater extent, Chevel. I remember watching his finale performances thinking there is no way in hell he’s winning the show with this. Kennedy, on the other hand...yeah, she shouldn’t have finished in 4th.