Rank the Blinds: Season 19; Episode 3

David68

Choose your favorite!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Performance from Night 3 of blinds?

• Rio Souma
    • Ryan Berg
    • JusJon
    • Ben Allen
    • Kelsie Watts
    • Carter Rubin
    • Casme
    • DeSz

1. DeSz (9/10) - Excellent! The sound mix was not kind to her at all, however.

2. Kelsie Watts (9/10) - A pleasant surprise! That note at the end was killer!

3. Rio Souma (8.5/10) - A favorite song of mine and I thought he did very well! Zaxai's version is hard to match but Rio gave it his best.

4. Casme (8/10) - Still somewhat fuming about the 34%. She deserved a much higher score. Very solid performance!

5. Carter Rubin (7.5/10) - Good voice but it didn't sound right for the song and I wasn't too impressed.

6. Ryan Berg (7.5/10) - Not bad, not very interesting either though.

7. Ben Allen (7/10) - Granted, I'm not a country fan - this was just flat out boring the whole time though.

8. JusJon (7/10) - Fine for what it was, but a bit of a waste it seems.

Love how my rankings went K/K/J/J/G/G/B/B btw.

• Like 2

Decent if plain

8. Ryan Berg
7. JusJon
6. Casme

5. Rio Souma

They definitely surprised me

4. Carter Rubin
3. Ben Allen

As good as I expected
2. DeSz

I didn't expect to like this so much, NGL

1. Kelsie Watts

I like this episode better than the premiere LOL.

• Like 1

Great

1. DeSz - The first 40 seconds alone make this #1 for me. Even if I expected more, her tone is beautiful and the song is a jam.

2. Kelsie - Great song + arrangement and impressive high notes.

Ok/Mediocre/Meh

3-8. Everyone else

I don’t think any of the chair turners were bad, but they were really boring or nothing special (mostly due to dull song choices)

This episode felt a little "meh" overall. A lot of these people seem like fodder.

1. Kelsie Watts - Well that was unexpectedly good. Her range is outstanding, and her control is impeccable for the most part-she did have one or two slightly flat notes, but overall it was an outstanding performance.

2. Desz - Like with Kelsie, Desz had amazing range and control but also had a slightly off high note. It didn't help that she was drowned out by the band, either. Also, she reminds me SO MUCH of Toneisha, especially in her higher register.

3. Carter Rubin - Let me just say, the amount of control he has at 14 really is outstanding, but he's not my type of singer.

(gap)

4. Rio Souma - He was ok. Not as good as Zaxai's version as everyone has been saying, but decent.

5. Casme - Her stage presence and tone are interesting, but the phrasing was a little off and I couldn't help but compare it too to Katie's amazing audition. Hell, I think even Mia Boostrom's version is better than Casme's.

6. Ben Allen - He's a good vocalist, but I absolutely hated that song choice. The twang is also.... not appreciated on my end.

7. Ryan Berg - Not bad. That's everything I got from this performance.

8. JusJon - See Ryan Berg.

17 hours ago, Someone648 said:

1. DeSz (9/10) - Excellent! The sound mix was not kind to her at all, however.

2. Kelsie Watts (9/10) - A pleasant surprise! That note at the end was killer!

3. Rio Souma (8.5/10) - A favorite song of mine and I thought he did very well! Zaxai's version is hard to match but Rio gave it his best.

4. Casme (8/10) - Still somewhat fuming about the 34%. She deserved a much higher score. Very solid performance!

5. Carter Rubin (7.5/10) - Good voice but it didn't sound right for the song and I wasn't too impressed.

6. Ryan Berg (7.5/10) - Not bad, not very interesting either though.

7. Ben Allen (7/10) - Granted, I'm not a country fan - this was just flat out boring the whole time though.

8. JusJon (7/10) - Fine for what it was, but a bit of a waste it seems.

Love how my rankings went K/K/J/J/G/G/B/B btw.

my list is very similar:

kelsie

desz

rio

casme

ben

carter

jusjon

ryan b

i am also very mad about casme, she was really good!

1. Desz - I can't believe it took 19 seasons for someone to slay this song as hard as she did

2. Kelsie - her range is insane, and that whistle note is hella impressive

3. Casme - the beginning was rough, but she really picked it up halfway through, it's still a little messy but she's so much fun to watch 

4. Carter - I was pleasantly surprised, he's got really good vocal control, though obviously he's got no believability on this song 

5. Rio - he was alright, middle of the pack for me, a little forgettable tbh

6. Ryan - he's got a James Morrison vibe, but I feel like the performance went on for much longer than 90 seconds, it's just not very exciting, maybe it's the song's fault? idk

7. Ben - I don't hate country at all but he's way too twangy for my taste, also not all of that twang sounds natural either

8. Jus Jon - another performance that seemed to drag on for much longer than it actually was, no offence to him but it was just so monotonous the whole way through that I don't think he deserved a chair 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

It's interesting to contrast and compare and IDF poll to a general public poll like TVLine.  Pretty different outcomes.

IDF-B3.thumb.JPG.44636c4cefc5ad833f2f97fce705de46.JPGTVL-b3.JPG.f195bb7887d6fe6036e6a77400f34c74.JPG

Perhaps it also has something to do with the scores Charlie gives. He gave Desz a B- 

51 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Perhaps it also has something to do with the scores Charlie gives. He gave Desz a B- 

Naw...that only works if you have selective vision cause he gave Casme an A- and she got next to nada.  

2 hours ago, Spurrious said:

It's interesting to contrast and compare and IDF poll to a general public poll like TVLine.  Pretty different outcomes.

IDF-B3.thumb.JPG.44636c4cefc5ad833f2f97fce705de46.JPGTVL-b3.JPG.f195bb7887d6fe6036e6a77400f34c74.JPG

it is very interesting to compare, especially since tvline isn't even a country hub, so if ben is doing so well, then it means he not only appealed to minivan, but also just the general audience, which is very impressive.

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

i think that the scores he gives do change peoples votes one way or another if they're already leaning one way. i think that people prefer power over richness in a diva, so that might be why they didn't vote her as much in this poll?

10 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Lol Charlie mason on TV line and MJ Santilli on MJS Big Blog preferred T-storm and Toneisha. Charlie never gave T-storm a grade less than A-(and that A-was just on his KO performance otherwise he always gave T-storm an A grade) but still Todd Destroyed the polls. He always won the polls on MJS and on TV Line, except for Best Playoff Performance and Who Will Win(after Finale Performances) Todd won all the polls there as well.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1