The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I still think a Victor/Ryleigh Top 2 makes a lot of sense :stealth: John has saved his indie contestants 3 out of 4 times (also reminder that he saved Celia, who is way worse, when he already had Maelyn on his team)

I ranked Zania higher than Ryleigh in my power ranking (because the latter is pretty much DOA when it comes to PV and IS) but I can clearly imagine John saving Ryleigh over Zania/Pia.

I don't think that the 3/4 indie artists is necessary indicative of that. I think he picks artists who intrigue him. That could indicate Pia getting it, but he seems to be interested in Zania, so I'd guess her. I'm not as confident as the rest of IDF about Zania moving forward though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Interesting about Jordan. Imagine if he got the PV. Blake would be forced to choose between Cam and a guy who he’s known for 25 years. 

He hasn’t known Pete for 25 years though, he knew Pete sort of 25 years ago. 

I’m sure they enjoy working together on the voice, and are friendly...but I don’t get the impression Blake has any special loyalty to Pete. He’s a guy he used to know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Pete makes it to the finale, we have found his duet with Blake.

"But you didn't have to STEAL MY BASS PLAYER"

Edited by British Man
  • Haha 13

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I’m sure they enjoy working together on the voice, and are friendly...but I don’t get the impression Blake has any special loyalty to Pete. He’s a guy he used to know.

I wouldn't underestimate that relationship, though.  Blake has never faltered in prioritizing those with whom he's had prior relationships, however strong or weak, over those he's met for the first time.  He showed that with Meghan Linsey, and he showed that with Austin Allsup.  So I can see him going with Pete.  If he doesn't, it'll certainly be a first for Blake.

I mean, it's probably moot, anyway, since even if Jordan gives a great performance, he's still weighed down by the Kelly debacle (which a lot of fans really did blow out of proportion) and Minivan's anger over him beating Ethan, so I think that he should be hoping for Blake's save or the Wildcard, at the very best.  Cam or Pete will get the vote.

11 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Sort of like Meghan Linsey. 

16 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I still think a Victor/Ryleigh Top 2 makes a lot of sense :stealth: John has saved his indie contestants 3 out of 4 times (also reminder that he saved Celia, who is way worse, when he already had Maelyn on his team)

I ranked Zania higher than Ryleigh in my power ranking (because the latter is pretty much DOA when it comes to PV and IS) but I can clearly imagine John saving Ryleigh over Zania/Pia.

Plus, this is a R&B/Soul heavy season, so more reason to save one of the few indie acts over Pia/Zania. 

I´ve thought about this as well. 

The thing is, nobody from this team will be able to win the WC. They´re not appealing enough for Minivan. Assuming Victor gets the PV, the girls that don´t get the save are automatically screwed. John can´t play strategic here.

Hey, for you, who do you think will close the Playoffs stage?
Given that from season 14 to season 19 they have closed blocked or four-chair shifts:
S14: Britton -> Blocked
S15: Kennedy -> Four Chair Turn
S16: Dexter -> Four Chair Turn
S17: Katie -> Four Chair Turn + Blocked
S18: Todd -> Four Chair Turn
S19: John -> Blocked
This season maybe I can close Cam (Blocked), Kenzie (Four Chair Turn + Blocked), Anna (Four Chair Turn) or Zae (Four Chair Turn)

Even though Zania leaving would (rightfully) cause chaos, Team Legend is (very strong) and very well liked in IDF. That wasn’t the case with Team Gwen last season, since many weren’t a fan of Joseph and Ben. That said, I can see people being upset with Victor potentially moving on over Zania, but not with any of the other ladies (Ryleigh and Pia) since they’ve been well received. That said, once again, the performances will determine a lot.

• Like 1

So because Pete's Eric Clapton guitar is rumored to be a part of his playoffs performance, I looked up the last Eric Clapton song that got done on The Voice...it was Nick Hagelin's Instant Save.

No wonder Clapton's songs haven't gotten approved for the show since then.

Just now, VintageVoice said:

So because Pete's Eric Clapton guitar is rumored to be a part of his playoffs performance, I looked up the last Eric Clapton song that got done on The Voice...it was Nick Hagelin's Instant Save.

Covering Clapton would be a bold move. Maybe even a bus. 

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Pryor Baird in the semis

Just now, FloorWax said:

And he didn't make the finale.

Tbh I'm still shocked a black female country singer like Spensha made the finale over a WGWG like Pryor. Not to mention, she was just Blake's CS in the Playoffs.