The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

Or first and third, who knows 😬

Trying to convince myself that it’s impossible so I can get pleasantly surprised later or just be ok with Kenzie winning ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, British Man said:

Yeah...

Someone should probably make up a story about Kenzie leaving the hotel to visit his mother.

Not saying that Ryan's story was made up.

I'll call the NBC tipline and let them know I spotted Kenzie at a superspreader party with everyone's favorite Voice alum M*rgan W*llen 😉

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Is it me or I still think Kenzie is not to be considered the winner right now. 

I checked fb and youtube comments and I found, mixed comments like some are disappointed/sad that Avery lost, some praises for Kenzie.

Comments like

"Blake is rude for saying things like that when Avery is there"

"Blake should've stolen Avery back" etc etc.

I feel like because of Kenzie'w BA a lot assumed that he'll win up to now but as the show progressed I can't see any major build up that he'll win.

I posted this on unpop thread and it's relevant to the discussion right now.

I really don't wanna post here but I can't take some of what you guys are saying and it gets tiring to see.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t think the socials mean a whole lot until the voting starts, unless someone is lapping the field, which isn’t happening. 

I agree a lot with what you are saying. Until now I think the competition is pretty even because they all did pretty good. Playoffs will be the deciding factor

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Dana gets to the finale, her and Nick are probably doing an upbeat

Or maybe he could do her a favor and just let her sing on her own 🤣 jk jk

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I agree a lot with what you are saying. Until now I think the competition is pretty even because they all did pretty good. Playoffs will be the deciding factor

We base a lot on previous audience voting behavior. Kenzie and Cam are both very good. Kenzie is the only remaining country singer, and Cam is Team Blake. Thus, they are considered by many to be threats to win it all. Kenzie has a stronger grip on the PV than Cam does, IMO. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

We base a lot on previous audience voting behavior. Kenzie and Cam are both very good. Kenzie is the only remaining country singer.  Thus, they are considered to many to be threats to win it all. Kenzie has a stronger grip on the PV than Cam does, IMO. 

But still I think it will depend on the performance on PO. Kenzie hadn't have a moment after his BA and he's on Team Kelly.

Last season, Tanner(he's country) on Team Kelly didn't made it.

Jake Hoot won S17 because he had a breakout performance on KO and he's from Nashville iirc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I really want Corey to win this season...but I know he’s not gonna with Kenzie in the same time. Ugh I wish Corey was on Team Nick bc then hed get PV, Dana gets CS and Rachel wins WC

I definitely think so. But I don´t want him near Nick, honestly.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I came here expecting drama when I saw that the thread was locked, but it is a pleasant surprise to see that it was just off-topic conversation.

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I can see why you'd say that, we don't know how he would have been w song choices. But to be fair, I think that we here at IDF overestimate the importance of the coach in selecting song choices. It probably comes down to the contestant (10-25%) and the producers (75-90%), if I had to guess. However, as y'all know, I know nothing more than you guys so it's just an educated guess.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Hard agree, knowing that contestants don't always get the final say in song choices and they don't get any in their battle or KO pair-ups, combined with Nick's track record this season...

2 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

But still I think it will depend on the performance on PO. Kenzie hadn't have a moment after his BA and he's on Team Kelly.

Last season, Tanner(he's country) on Team Kelly didn't made it.

Jake Hoot won S17 because he had a breakout performance on KO and he's from Nashville iirc.

Deep voice country guys always do very well thorough.

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

It probably comes down to the contestant (10-25%) and the producers (75-90%), if I had to guess.

I’m not good at math lol but the main thing I’ve heard is 1. The contestants make a list with 10-20 songs they would like to sing in blinds and then in the knockouts. 2. The producers pick the song. Most of the time they pick the songs based on the rights they have or else it becomes a longer process for just one song. Other times it’s just convenience, or wanting to see a contestant struggle (hi Connor). If anyone knows any better they can add, but I’ve heard this from multiple contestants at this point.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I’m not good at math lol but the main thing I’ve heard is 1. The contestants make a list with 10-20 songs they would like to sing in blinds and then in the knockouts. 2. The producers pick the song. Most of the time they pick the songs based on the rights they have or else it becomes a longer process for just one song. Other times it’s just convenience, or wanting to see a contestant struggle (hi Connor). If anyone knows any better they can add, but I’ve heard this from multiple contestants at this point.

That's my understanding too, also I think sometimes the producers allow the people to pick from a few (three?) songs as their choice, but given what Kelsie said about having to pick "You Oughta Know," I assume the choices are curated such that if they want to bus someone, all choices are bad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Catsy said:

Deep voice country guys always do very well thorough.

Well, I know he has potential given his BA, but I'm pointing out that Kenzie might not be the Winner that we are thinking of as of now base on the things I have mentioned earlier.

At this point of time I think Cam might pull a Chris Blue win and I'm manifesting it. 😁

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lmao the shame idf will feel if Kenzie doesn’t win 🤣🌚 

I don’t think many people care that much, honestly. Just the fact that they only have to sing live for two rounds to make the finale sort of ruins the excitement, and it’s honestly not that great of an accomplishment anymore. Genre preference of the people voting becomes even more important, because there isn’t enough time for viewers to get invested in the artists. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lmao the shame idf will feel if Kenzie doesn’t win 🤣🌚

Shame? I think most people (including me) would be pleasantly surprised and happy to see Cam winning. 

I make predictions all the time and 99% of the time I get them wrong. Should I feel ashamed? No, I just do it for fun and it shouldn’t be a competition to see who is right or wrong.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t think many people care that much, honestly. Just the fact that they only have to sing live for two rounds to make the finale sort of ruins the excitement, and it’s honestly not that great of an accomplishment anymore. Genre preference of the people voting becomes even more important, because there isn’t enough time for viewers to get invested in the artists. 

True. They only have to survive 3 performances.
Wish there were more live performances.

Edited by ammonium
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Shame? I think most people (including me) would be pleasantly surprised and happy to see Cam winning. 

I make predictions all the time and 99% of the time I get them wrong. Should I feel ashamed? No, I just do it for fun and it shouldn’t be a competition to see who is right or wrong.

I’m saying shame because many predicted and were sure that he was going to win.

Just now, jus.vshn said:

I'm pretty confident Kenzie wins but I will rejoice if Cam takes it instead. Not all of us want our predictions to come true 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Something tells me that people would be overwhelmed with a different emotion if he didn’t end up winning. :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I'm pretty confident Kenzie wins but I will rejoice if Cam takes it instead. Not all of us want our predictions to come true 😂

Exactly lol.

9 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I’m one of them. Why should I feel ashamed?