The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Misirlou said:

"Change the World" is too passive to make an impression on a singing show.

Exactly why I think it's more likely than "Tears in Heaven" if TPTB want to push for Cam as Blake's front runner - it's more passive but still in Pete's wheelhouse enough to probably make him safe for the Save if Cam gets the PV. If TPTB don't want Cam as front-runner, then "Tears in Heaven" would be a better choice for Pete if he's going the Clapton route.

• Like 1

Clapton is Pete´s favorite artist, so I´m inclined to believe he has performed a cover of two of his in his life. He said in a livestream that the one song he would like to do on the show is "Layla", but the "Assorted Love Songs" version. If he´s doing the unplugged one, it´s probably not having the same effect.

"Tears in Heaven" it´s  still the best option, but as @VintageVoice said, TPTB seems to be aiming for Cam as Blake´s main horse, so we´ll see.

3 hours ago, Lion road said:

Hey, for you, who do you think will close the Playoffs stage?
Given that from season 14 to season 19 they have closed blocked or four-chair shifts:
S14: Britton -> Blocked
S15: Kennedy -> Four Chair Turn
S16: Dexter -> Four Chair Turn
S17: Katie -> Four Chair Turn + Blocked
S18: Todd -> Four Chair Turn
S19: John -> Blocked
This season maybe I can close Cam (Blocked), Kenzie (Four Chair Turn + Blocked), Anna (Four Chair Turn) or Zae (Four Chair Turn)

This made me realize that neither Cam nor Kenzie has closed an episode yet. Definitely unusual... I can see one of them opening and the other closing for sure.

Just now, Someone648 said:

This made me realize that neither Cam nor Kenzie has closed an episode yet. Definitely unusual... I can see one of them opening and the other closing for sure.

I agree but I don't think we'll know which will close for sure until we see their song choices (though given Kenzie is the main country act this season, putting him at the end of the night would be a good way to get Minivan to sit through everyone else).

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Lately, Blake has favored the older, male contestants.

Just sayin’.

Not really. I mean if you take a look at the battles/knockouts for this season, maybe. But both Cam and Pete were given opponent and battles where the winner was a no brainer for him.

That said, thinking about the coach save, he favored Jim, over two acts of country women and a steal of his. Not surprising. S18, Toneisha was probably his favorite, but it’s not like he could favor her over Todd since Todd was given the PV. 
There’s nothing regarding previous evidence that tells us he prefers Cam over Pete or vice versa. He usually enjoys his “unexpected” acts more (Toneisha, Kyla, Kim (?), Kat, etc) but who knows. We are all pretty confident on a Cam/Pete top 2 for Blake either way, and it’s not like Blake decides their songs, so there’s no way to know who he’d favor tbh, unless he explicitly calls one of them the “winner” at some point in the lives ig lol

2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Not really. I mean if you take a look at the battles/knockouts for this season, maybe. But both Cam and Pete were given opponent and battles where the winner was a no brainer for him.

That said, thinking about the coach save, he favored Jim, over two acts of country women and a steal of his. Not surprising. S18, Toneisha was probably his favorite, but it’s not like he could favor her over Todd since Todd was given the PV. 
There’s nothing regarding previous evidence that tells us he prefers Cam over Pete or vice versa. He usually enjoys his “unexpected” acts more (Toneisha, Kyla, Kim (?), Kat, etc) but who knows. We are all pretty confident on a Cam/Pete top 2 for Blake either way, and it’s not like Blake decides their songs, so there’s no way to know who he’d favor tbh, unless he explicitly calls one of them the “winner” at some point in the lives ig lol

I guess we see some things differently. I think he prefers working with males close to his age, because he relates to them more. I notice he’s more chummy with them in the rehearsal packages. There have been a few exceptions. I view Cam as a no-brainer, but who knows what he thinks/wants? Perhaps he wants Pete to get the PV, so he’s not put in a position of having to eliminate him. Then he could save Cam. This is not my prediction, I’m just thinking out loud. 

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I guess we see some things differently. I think he prefers working with males close to his age, because he relates to them more. I notice he’s more chummy with them in the rehearsal packages. There have been a few exceptions. I view Cam as a no-brainer, but who knows what he thinks/wants? Perhaps he wants Pete to get the PV, so he’s not put in a position of having to eliminate him. Then he could save Cam. This is not my prediction, I’m just thinking out loud. 

I think he’s chummier with men close to his age and that makes sense......heck half the time he’s friendly to a white female (who isn’t a teenager) it turns into tabloid gossip. Same thing happened to Adam (Mary Sarah and Amy V are prime examples)

As to his preferences, I’m not sure I agree. With the paucity of female country singers on the show, adult men tend to be his strongest contestants. I think he was definitely happy to work with Toneisha, he clearly liked wtw until they folded live, and he’s basically set Cam up in every round with relatively weak opponents. 

For CS Blake will probably pick whomever had one of the top two performances (in his opinion, which might not be IDF’s 😂)

Edited by seak05

10 hours ago, seak05 said:

He hasn’t known Pete for 25 years though, he knew Pete sort of 25 years ago. 

I’m sure they enjoy working together on the voice, and are friendly...but I don’t get the impression Blake has any special loyalty to Pete. He’s a guy he used to know.

Pete has already gained by being on the show. Also, knowing Blake, he'll take Pete on tour or help him in other ways in the music world.

10 hours ago, Rodney said:

I wouldn't underestimate that relationship, though.  Blake has never faltered in prioritizing those with whom he's had prior relationships, however strong or weak, over those he's met for the first time.  He showed that with Meghan Linsey, and he showed that with Austin Allsup.  So I can see him going with Pete.  If he doesn't, it'll certainly be a first for Blake.

I mean, it's probably moot, anyway, since even if Jordan gives a great performance, he's still weighed down by the Kelly debacle (which a lot of fans really did blow out of proportion) and Minivan's anger over him beating Ethan, so I think that he should be hoping for Blake's save or the Wildcard, at the very best.  Cam or Pete will get the vote.

From what I saw (and I admit it was limited), people were mad at Blake, not Jordan.

3 hours ago, seak05 said:

I think he’s chummier with men close to his age and that makes sense......heck half the time he’s friendly to a white female (who isn’t a teenager) it turns into tabloid gossip. Same thing happened to Adam (Mary Sarah and Amy V are prime examples)

As to his preferences, I’m not sure I agree. With the paucity of female country singers on the show, adult men tend to be his strongest contestants. I think he was definitely happy to work with Toneisha, he clearly liked wtw until they folded live, and he’s basically set Cam up in every round with relatively weak opponents. 

For CS Blake will probably pick whomever had one of the top two performances (in his opinion, which might not be IDF’s 😂)

Sure, I’m just saying that if Pete gets the PV it would be easier for him, because he wouldn’t have to worry about being accused of favoritism. He already said Kenzie will win the show on air, so maybe he doesn’t care whether Cam gets through via PV or CS. Blake tends to have a lot of respect for those who’ve “paid their dues” in Nashville, except for Taryn and Morgan Frazier. Yes, this seems to apply to males more than females. We don’t know much about his history with Pete, other than what was said on air. Maybe Blake feels like he owes Pete something. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Blake tends to have a lot of respect for those who’ve “paid their dues” in Nashville, except for Taryn and Morgan Frazier.

Of course those were the ones I liked... 😞 Off-topic but I haven’t followed Morgan much post show. I wonder how she’s holding up. 

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Of course those were the ones I liked... 😞 Off-topic but I haven’t followed Morgan much post show. I wonder how she’s holding up. 

She’s been married for a few years and has a 3 month old daughter. 

She’s part of a duo called Roxan. They have an EP out, including this awesome song that she wrote. I can’t believe she hasn’t at least had more success as a songwriter. 

• Thanks 2

TPTB obviously wants to make the coaches look good. That's probably why they tried to bus Pete in the KOs, to avoid any accusations of favoritism towards him in the future for continuing to choose him. If that was their plan, it was obviously trunked by Pete's experience.

Now they might as well pimp him with a great song to make sure he gets PV, so that Blake doesnt have to do with him advancing and can freely choose between the people he doesnt actually know from way back.

Why do I think every new account trolling us is actually...?

Mickey Mouse Disney GIF

Anyway, it doesn't make sense for Zae to go full gospel, like Victor. Soulful pop is perfect for him. (Adding these lines just for the sake of not leaving the jab at Mickey hanging alone). 

• Haha 19