KO and Battle Decisions that are still SHOCKING to this day.

VoiceFan!

29 minutes ago, B-B said:

This may have happened because Kelly knew someone was going to steal Sandy

Nah, Adam said he was going to steal either one of them after the battle (Blake made fun of him in his pitch for stealing Sandy). Kelly must have really preferred Cody.

I know why she did it, but Miley choosing Ashland over Chloe still was a shock to me. Chloe had the KO level of "who cares who I'm against, I will win this round with this shattering performance" and yet Miley still wanted to go with her country card, to try to beat Blake.

• Like 7

I like Miley better than the average Voice viewer, but choosing Ashland over Chloe was a very big wtf moment. If I was TPTB I would have fired her just for the sheer stupidity of that decision.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I know why she did it, but Miley choosing Ashland over Chloe still was a shock to me. Chloe had the KO level of "who cares who I'm against, I will win this round with this shattering performance" and yet Miley still wanted to go with her country card, to try to beat Blake.

The very moment that Miley gave the game away.  She had season thirteen practically in the palm of her hand, and that one decision flushed it all away.

To this day, Gwen's unfathomable decision to dropped Lyndsey Elm in favor of Braiden Sunshine.  And then Ellie Lawrence in favor of Braiden Sunshine.  In the latter, I get that Ellie was sick, and that probably affected her performance.  But still . . . However, in the former case, Lyndsey was in no way inferior to Braiden.  I have to speculate that Blake's critique that battle ended up pushing the needle in Braiden's direction, because Adam and Pharrell infinitely preferred Lyndsey.

Adam, Pharrell, Blake, and even much of a studio audience were apparently buzzing about that decision after Gwen left to take a bathroom break, so that must have been bad even to them.

Edited by Rodney

26 minutes ago, Rodney said:

The very moment that Miley gave the game away.  She had season thirteen practically in the palm of her hand, and that one decision flushed it all away.

To this day, Gwen's unfathomable decision to dropped Lyndsey Elm in favor of Braiden Sunshine.  And then Ellie Lawrence in favor of Braiden Sunshine.  In the latter, I get that Ellie was sick, and that probably affected her performance.  But still . . . However, in the former case, Lyndsey was in no way inferior to Braiden.  I have to speculate that Blake's critique that battle ended up pushing the needle in Braiden's direction, because Adam and Pharrell infinitely preferred Lyndsey.

Adam, Pharrell, Blake, and even much of a studio audience were apparently buzzing about that decision after Gwen left to take a bathroom break, so that must have been bad even to them.

Although it was shocking to see both Lyndsey and Ellie go, Braiden had his breakout moment when he performed "Feeling Good" during the knockouts. All other performances of him were underwhelming, tho.

29 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Ellie Lawrence in favor of Braiden Sunshine.

To be fair, Ellie's performance is a MESS. And that is coming from one of her fans since the show started. Really? Cool for the Summer, ellie? But I love her comeback performance with Ex's and Oh's though, what a queen 😍.

Braiden had his most decent performance with Feeling Good, so I think he deserved to move forward JUST BASED on that performances.

• Like 1

• There's only been a couple of times I've looked at Alicia's coaching decisions and wondered what was going on in her head - Michael losing his KO was one of those moments. Imagine the slayage Michael could've done in the live rounds - he would've easily made it into the top 10 over Courtney and Darby (I think that may have been his ceiling, though).
  • In Toia vs. Damien, Toia should've won that easily - unfortunately, she was also a battle steal against one of Adam's favorites.
  • Miley screwed the pooch by trying to beat Blake with a country singer - had she kept Chloe instead of Ashland, she could've had two in the finale; luckily, Chloe got stolen.
  • If John had kept Mendeleyev until the lives, he would 110% had a live playoff vote alongside Katie.
  • Kelly picking Cody Ray over SandyRedd had to be a genuine preference on her part, but it wasn't the best move in hindsight since Cody Ray then dropped out.
  • Had Meghan won over Paul, she'd have had to compete against Sawyer, Mia, and (eventually) Koryn on the same team - at least on Blake's team she was a clearer-cut front-runner.
  • In that same vein, even though I thought Kymberli vs. Lowell was pretty even personally, I would've picked Kymberli in the battle - that said, Kymberli ended up slaying the heck out of everything else on the show and she and Christina worked well together, so it could've been a worse outcome.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Mike's the one that did a really interesting flip on a Tove Lo song for his audition, right?

Yes, he is👍

Edit: here's the link for the studio versión.

Unfortunately, the reuploaded videos of his blind audition are all blocked in the USA 

Edited by Gustavo527